ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Mayer Declares For NFL Draft.

Well we're six pages into it, and this guy's repeated himself about thirty times by now. And just as repugnantly pompous and petulant and soulless as the first time he expressed his sorry-ass opinions.

And it's small potatoes by any measure, even if you limited yourself only to sports related topics.
Best if you attempt to stop talking to the mirror.

Because it's effed up! I mean, obviously, there's no arguing it anymore. It's egregious.....

Sorry to be this self-righteous, but come on now. There's no need for any fan to feel personally guilty or some shit like that. I certainly don't and was a fan all those years players were being.... so disserved by a corrupt and absurdly unjust as well as illegal arrangement. But it is incumbent now on all fans, I would say, to leave that past behind and get on board. The old system was an iniquity, it absolutely was. Push ND, as a fan or an alum, to get on the proverbial right side of history, and to do so with gusto. You do not want to be clinging to the old plantation paradigm....
”Old Plantation paradigm” ?

That’s beyond absurd.

You’re just another looney, misguided SJW ….. and a moron !

Nobody and no institution forced anyone to play football !

The players chose to play football of their own volition.

Next you’ll tell us that the family unit, a husband, wife and four minor children represents the “old plantation paradigm”. Then you’ll tell us that volunteering and serving in the military represents the “old plantation paradigm” and that applying for and accepting a job with a corporate employer represents the “old plantation paradigm”

You see racism everywhere, even in an ice cream sundae.
And that’s because you want to fabricate racism where none exists.
You’re a moron !
And you’re a dangerous moron because your misguided accusations can potentially result in harm to others.

When those players left high school, they sought and were provided with an expensive but free education along with free room and board for four or five years. And they received those free benefits while playing a game that they love ! That’s right, they played the game because they loved it, not because they were compensated, directly or indirectly.

There is a form of ”purity” in sports and in playing sports.
That “purity” is probably rooted in our zest for competition and our desire to win irrespective of the nature of the competition.

For you to categorize the playing of college football, 10, 20, 40, 80 and more years ago as being representative of the “old plantation paradigm” just shows what a total moron you are.

It also shows how little you know about the creation of college football when Rutgers played Princeton in 1869 and it’s evolution from that day forward.

Was the Rutgers vs Princeton game representative of the old plantation paradigm” ?

How about Rockne’s teams, were they representative of the “old plantation paradigm”. ?

You hit the trifecta, you’re a political hack, a loon and a moron !

Every residence hall at Notre Dame fielded a tackle football team with the championship game being played in the stadium. Notre Dame provided all of the equipment snd facilities. Were the students who voluntarily played tackle football for their dorms part of the “old plantation paradigm” ? Answer that question !

And, those students had to pay for their own tuition, room and board, they didn’t get anything for free. They received nothing in return for playing a game that they loved.

Were those players representative of the ”old plantation paradigm” ?

I have to ask you several questions.

1. What did you major and minor in, in college
2. Did you attend Notre Dame
3. What do you do for a living
4. Are you a man or a woman

Thanks

Last edited:
Because it's effed up! I mean, obviously, there's no arguing it anymore. It's egregious.....

Sorry to be this self-righteous, but come on now. There's no need for any fan to feel personally guilty or some shit like that. I certainly don't and was a fan all those years players were being.... so disserved by a corrupt and absurdly unjust as well as illegal arrangement. But it is incumbent now on all fans, I would say, to leave that past behind and get on board. The old system was an iniquity, it absolutely was. Push ND, as a fan or an alum, to get on the proverbial right side of history, and to do so with gusto. You do not want to be clinging to the old plantation paradigm....

You are invoking straw men, because I didn't defend the way it was done. I've consistently noted how cheating has become normalized, notably the SEC, which spiked this arms race to morph into what it is now. I've noted even ND used to undeservedly pass football players in the past. And the gross graduation rates across NCAAF, leaving athletes unprepared for life and ultimately destitute.

All I am pointing out is that I won't watch if it becomes semipro where athletes really have no life as students. What's the point of that? It's literally semipro, losing tradition, pageantry, and participation as students and alumni.

I'm for fixing the failings of NCAAF. But I'm not convinced easy transfers, NIL, and academic capitulation is the way to do it...something I have no interest in watching.

Finally, I've long harped on how ND with its deep academic and social legacy can leverage all this positively. Again, a progressive, remedial degree path, fostering commitment for 4 years. Educate, train, and advise in optimizing NIL money, particularly in personal finance.

You are invoking straw men, because I didn't defend the way it was done. I've consistently noted how cheating has become normalized, notably the SEC, which spiked this arms race to morph into what it is now. I've noted even ND used to undeservedly pass football players in the past. And the gross graduation rates across NCAAF, leaving athletes unprepared for life and ultimately destitute.

All I am pointing out is that I won't watch if it becomes semipro where athletes really have no life as students. What's the point of that? It's literally semipro, losing tradition, pageantry, and participation as students and alumni.

I'm for fixing the failings of NCAAF. But I'm not convinced easy transfers, NIL, and academic capitulation is the way to do it...something I have no interest in watching.

Finally, I've long harped on how ND with its deep academic and social legacy can leverage all this positively. Again, a progressive, remedial degree path, fostering commitment for 4 years. Educate, train, and advise in optimizing NIL money, particularly in personal finance.
Whatever. It's not my place or anyone's place to micro-critique you or any other fan's various moral dilemmas. But it is what it is. We're not going back to the way it was before. Not only it is morally heinous, and totally illegal, but the powers that be, by and large, are fully embracing it, other than ND I suppose, and nobody's going backwards on this. And threats to stop caring as a fan are about as idle as they come.....

And unnecessary. There's no reason to resent any of these changes. The thing for the sport to do, collectively, is bring some better order to things by way of collective bargaining. And I've heard allusions from pundits at least somewhat in the know that that will be forthcoming, at some point in the not too distant future.

As for ND, the ball's in their court. Like it is for every program. Not much else to say.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT