ADVERTISEMENT

Merriweather hits the portal

Everyone saw that one coming. He knows the freshman, plus Cam Williams will get more reps.

Bummer. Doubtful we’ll ever know the real story. He can withdraw from the portal. Best of luck to this young man!!

Reactions: Kelso86
If it's true, IMHO, it's potentially just another example of kids today simply don't want to compete, don't want to earn it. Pretty much what portal does, another microcosm of the ever shifting society. The equivalent to taking my ball and going home. Sad really.

If it's true, IMHO, it's potentially just another example of kids today simply don't want to compete, don't want to earn it. Pretty much what portal does, another microcosm of the ever shifting society. The equivalent to taking my ball and going home. Sad really.
Not really. He wants a chance to play and will get more reps somewhere else—nothing wrong with that.

Rumors are it may get ugly in the wr room with transfers. Players really dislike Stuckey and aren't happy
Rumor also has it, the Stuckey issues were happening all along, back to before spring, and they were probably pissed nothing was done until now.

If he does (which he can not get in until Monday as an undergrad) The stories I have read about Stuckey is the reason. The room was very toxic pitting players against each other because of preferential treatment. And not in a competitive way. Heard part of the reason Smith the grad transfer from VA decided not to play at ND. If these rumors are true about half were or are looking to jump into the portal.

When you’re passed up by Freshmen, blaming the coach is an easy button as well.

Not saying Stuckey shouldn’t have been let go either, both can be the case.
It's not only him. You already saw Tyree leave. There is more that are considering it too

It's not only him. You already saw Tyree leave. There is more that are considering it too
I understand that. It’s tough seeing Tyree leave but with the emergence of younger players this year I don’t think we’ll see a step back in the slot position for 2024.

Reactions: raycyrx
Rumor also has it, the Stuckey issues were happening all along, back to before spring, and they were probably pissed nothing was done until now.
Heard Tyree spilled the beans to MF and he solicited more feedback from others. Had to separate gripes about playing time from legit issues with how they were treated. Sounds like some denials during season

Reactions: geisha
We have three good wide receivers in Faison, Greathouse and Rico plus Cam Williams and maybe good players in James and Smith who's film looked good. Plus you have vets in Thomas and Colzie. Now it's time to develop kids something Stuckey didnt do in two years.

In actuality this only sucks from a depth stand point. Kid was useless but played a lot because our WR room was a damn dumpster fire.

That's too bad. He definitely had big time talent. Maybe he goes to Oregon, or even Oregon St. I guess he's actually from Washington. But still, the Portland area....

Heard Tyree spilled the beans to MF and he solicited more feedback from others. Had to separate gripes about playing time from legit issues with how they were treated. Sounds like some denials during season
I find this very troubling on a number of fronts. First, that it happened at all and second that it was apparently either covered up or only belatedly discovered. It's another self-inflicted wound and makes me doubt the wisdom of hiring Freeman even more.

Free agency CFB style and it's happening everywhere. ND will be fine Greathouse, Flores and Cam are the future framework for the wr room going forward.

Cam
Flores
Greathouse
Faison
JT
Colzie
James

Thats a good group. Wouldn’t be the end of the world if we lost one more. Lose two of those and might be panic time.

He and Chris entering the portal Sucks!!! We will move on, but this is not good - at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT