ADVERTISEMENT

Match ups ?

Patrirish

I've posted how many times?
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2018
How does ND’s offensive line match up against Clemson’s defensive line ?

AND

How does Clemson’s offensive line match up against ND’s defensive line ?

Any guess as to the point spread and O/U ?

How does Clemson’s offensive line match up against ND’s defensive line ?
I actually think our defense can keep us in it. Lawrence is a true freshman just have to get some pressure on him. We'll need to be more aggressive on the edges.

I think it will be like a lot of games. Nd oline will do solid in pass pro but struggle running especially up the middle. Mustipher gets dominated at times physically but he knows the checks and alignments so well. We need to use our diversity and passing game to set up the run. You can throw on Clemson.

Dline will be able to get pressure if we do better against the run than we did vs usc. Our front 6 needs to slow down etienne and get Clemson into some third and 5+. He’ll hit a few runs but we need to stuff him too, our dline made no plays in the run game all night vs usc.

Clemson's OL and DL are very very good. They are among the best in the nation in rush defense and rush offense. Our OL has to definitely get better in the next month for the Irish to have a chance IMHO. I believe our running game doesn't have to be dominant, but just good enough to keep us in the game offensively.

Clemson's OL and DL are very very good. They are among the best in the nation in rush defense and rush offense. Our OL has to definitely get better in the next month for the Irish to have a chance IMHO. I believe our running game doesn't have to be dominant, but just good enough to keep us in the game offensively.
Clemson’s dline is good no doubt but I don’t see the elite edge speed they’ve had in years past. They seem more physically dominant, can stop run with their front 4 like a lot of bama defenses and allow for easy blitzes to get home.

Bama Clemson no matter. One huge thing that would help tremendously is if Ian Book can start hitting the deep ball. I see our receiver catching the ball and swatting off the tiny cornerback for a score. Then it happening again.

The above can only happen if Book starts giving our receivers a chance with a more accurate throw.

The potential is massive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT