ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall? Yeah...it happened...

88ND

I've posted how many times?
Sep 9, 2013
I've been saying for years now parity is at an all-time high in CFB and getting more even yearly.

That said...
2 weeks in and what do we know....
The Oline had another week of practice to "get it right" or how do the trendy sorts say... "gel" ...
Only to show up with the very same lackluster performance.

HH is a fraud. I say again to all the patrons who buy everything sold about HH...
He should get 5-10 for cashing his paychecks.

Buchner's passing is almost as inaccurate as Wimbush. I said it before his sampling was too small to say but I didn't like his passing.
Brian Kelly sucks with QB's but there was a sure fire reason he didn't play much last year and it wasnt because he didnt play much as a senior.
He's just not a good thrower.

YOU CAN'T WIN TOUGH GAMES WITHOUT THROWING THE BALL EFFECTIVELY IN 2022.

Rees has no idea WTF he's doing.
None. Zero. Nada. He's a bad coach. Period.

Once again he insists on playing musical running backs.
Logan Diggs. C'mon!!!
W
H
Y
??????

THE ONLY hope we have of being average on offense is to commit to the god damn run and let Estine beat the hell out of the defense.
Oh but wait...Rees just loves empty backfields and doing things in robotic fadhion.

As the game went on...
The Marshall D was playing super aggressive and sitting on the infamous curl routes.

Finally a team that said ND can't help itself they insist on throwing the curl routes. The check down routes. Whatever...
Marshall knew this and said go get the ball boys.

And....

They....

Did!!!

Rees needs to get off his ass and get to the sideline and start coaching mid game. If he's even capable of that.

Everyone could see Marshall was sitting on the scared to fail passing routes. Rees could remind the QB every damn play fromnthe sideline don't throw these routes. They're just waiting for them.

#8 on defense is absolutely atrocious. He needs to sit and put #44 in ( if he's healthy)
Let him learn on the job because at the very least he will play aggressively.
#8 waits on the RB to come to him. 2-3 yards downfield.

He closes the gap to within 3 ysrds of the RB then just stops and catches the RB.

On Marshall's last offensive touchdown he was in no mans land. Bauer took his block immediately. #27 or 24 took the guard...
#8 was spectating amid the trash until it was too late. Matter of fact I'd say he just guessed where it was going then just stood flat footed.

Lastly....
Marshall was

Dare I say....

More athletic than ND.

Yep I said it.

If they aren't more athletic on paper they just play faster.

Either way they had some game breakers or closer to a game breaker than anyone we have or are using.

That's extremely telling.

Oh well...

Reactions: jerbach and tkirish
The people that didn’t want freeman were run off this forum. Some haven’t been back since the hire. To some of us, we saw this coming the day he was hired.

I've been saying for years now parity is at an all-time high in CFB and getting more even yearly.

That said...
The Oline had another week of practice to "get it right" or how do the trendy sorts say... "gel" ...

HH is a fraud. I say again to all the patrons who buy everything sold about HH...

Buchner's passing is almost as inaccurate as Wimbush. I said it before his sampling was too small to say but I didn't like his passing.
Brian Kelly sucks with QB's but there was a sure fire reason he didn't play much last year and it wasnt because he didnt play much as a senior.

Logan Diggs. C'mon!!!
W
H
Y
??????

THE ONLY hope we have of being average on offense is to commit to the god damn run and let Estine beat the hell out of the defense.
Oh but wait...Rees just loves empty backfields and doing things in robotic fadhion.

As the game went on...
The Marshall D was playing super aggressive and sitting on the infamous curl routes.

Finally a team that said ND can't help itself they insist on throwing the curl routes. The check down routes. Whatever...

And....

They....

Did!!!

Rees needs to get off his ass and get to the sideline and start coaching mid game. If he's even capable of that.

Everyone could see Marshall was sitting on the scared to fail passing routes. Rees could remind the QB every damn play fromnthe sideline don't throw these routes. They're just waiting for them.

#8 on defense is absolutely atrocious. He needs to sit and put #44 in ( if he's healthy)

He closes the gap to within 3 ysrds of the RB then just stops and catches the RB.

On Marshall's last offensive touchdown he was in no mans land. Bauer took his block immediately. #27 or 24 took the guard...
#8 was spectating amid the trash until it was too late. Matter of fact I'd say he just guessed where it was going then just stood flat footed.

Lastly....
Marshall was

Dare I say....

More athletic than ND.

Yep I said it.

Either way they had some game breakers or closer to a game breaker than anyone we have or are using.

Oh well...
Marshall has 26 portal transfers from power 5 schools. They looked like better team

Marshall has 26 portal transfers from power 5 schools. They looked like better team
Definitely faster and much more ferocious on both sides of the ball.

Lastly.....

Definitely better coached as well

That was hilarious when Jason Garrett says as the camera is showing Tommy Rees ...Garrett says he's trying to figure it out ...but he'll be fine. "Tommy's a good coach."

Funniest thing said on all of TV this Saturday.

I know he's getting paid to essentially be more pro Notre Dame but that was so far from the truth.

Rees is lost. Aimlessly wandering around.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Hmmm, funny—I didnt see this from you when Kelly was beating teams en route to 10+ win seasons. Back then, i.e., last season, these were “weak schedules.” Was there no parity then? Interesting how that works.

The rest I agree with.

Hmmm, funny—I didnt see this from you when Kelly was beating teams en route to 10+ win seasons. Back then, i.e., last season, these were “weak schedules.” Was there no parity then? Interesting how that works.

The rest I agree with.
I've said FOR YEARS that parity is higher than ever and growing yearly.

You obviously follow along enough to know I felt BK ...if the goal was to legitimately compete with the very best ...wasn't good enough and the performance showed such...

Then you'd also know I said things like go easy on making fun of Michigan getting beat by Appalachian state and the like because it could happen to us. Parity is increasing yearly. I've said it many times.

Bama being down 10-7 at halftime against Citadel ...
OU needing overtime to beat Army....as two recent examples.

Don't just pick the quotes you disagree with like your love for BK versus my dislike

Good day

The people that didn’t want freeman were run off this forum. Some haven’t been back since the hire. To some of us, we saw this coming the day he was hired.
I was on the Fickell wagon, they went with Freeman. Had to get behind him, but it's been a very rough start.
Rees and HH are way overrated. Freeman should be looking at replacements as early as yesterday evening, but I believe his hands are tied with Rees which is BS in my opinion.

Reactions: 88ND

That said...

Logan Diggs. C'mon!!!
W
H
Y
??????

As the game went on...

And....

They....

Did!!!

Lastly....
Marshall was

Dare I say....

More athletic than ND.

Yep I said it.

Oh well...
The reality is Rees and HH are both completely overrated. They need to be replaced. I've seen enough of Rees the past few years to know he's not the answer on the offensive side of the ball. He's regressed now that he no longer has BK to help him out.
The season is lost, and Freeman should be given the power to replace Rees.

Reactions: 88ND
Definitely faster and much more ferocious on both sides of the ball.

Lastly.....

Definitely better coached as well

That was hilarious when Jason Garrett says as the camera is showing Tommy Rees ...Garrett says he's trying to figure it out ...but he'll be fine. "Tommy's a good coach."

Funniest thing said on all of TV this Saturday.

I know he's getting paid to essentially be more pro Notre Dame but that was so far from the truth.

Rees is lost. Aimlessly wandering around.
Agree, the few times the camera showed Rees he looked completely lost and in way over his head. BK should have never hired him as OC, Rees needed to go to some non P5 school to cut his teeth.

He knows just one playbook, and has shown zero adjustment capability. A good OC would play to this offensive units strength. Rees is forcing his offense on the players.

Agree, the few times the camera showed Rees he looked completely lost and in way over his head. BK should have never hired him as OC, Rees needed to go to some non P5 school to cut his teeth.

He knows just one playbook, and has shown zero adjustment capability. A good OC would play to this offensive units strength. Rees is forcing his offense on the players.
Could not agree more.

I was on the Fickell wagon, they went with Freeman. Had to get behind him, but it's been a very rough start.
Rees and HH are way overrated. Freeman should be looking at replacements as early as yesterday evening, but I believe his hands are tied with Rees which is BS in my opinion.
Fickell was not and will not come to ND or any other school. He is waiting and hoping for the OSU job to open up. He is praying Ryan Day moves on to the NFL. He is OSU all the way.

There was no comparison between the two. Fickell's been offered by quite a few schools and has turned down MSU and basically wasn't interested in USC when they inquired. His name seems to be on everybody's top 5 list.

Freeman was the DC at ND and basically the one that the ND players wanted. That's not why a school should name a HC - you go with people that have been there before......plain and simple .......especially when you're a blueblood CF power

Fickell was not and will not come to ND or any other school. He is waiting and hoping for the OSU job to open up. He is praying Ryan Day moves on to the NFL. He is OSU all the way.
He's Catholic and has even stated that ND is the one school - after OSU - he would really look at hard and probably take if everything is in place, ND should have offered

MF wasn't hired because the players wanted him. Jesus Christ how naive are you. It's because Jack Swarbrick wanted him, because ND wanted him. The fact that he was so popular with the players was merely part of the package that made him so irresistible. That wasn't, like, what the decision was hinging on.

This is no different than Gerry Faust. A totally absurd hire, of a totally unqualified candidate, for no other reason but because MF really did it for them. A complete vanity hire that ND indulged themselves in, on account of how he's so impossibly dreamy, and they just didn't want to lose him. And it was either that, or see him get hired off to be someone else's DC, which is the only job MF was going to get if weren't for ND incredibly making him their head frickin' coach.

I admit to having been excited about it at first, but I was mainly in shock at losing BK. And the more you really got to see and know of MF, as the weeks and months passed by, the more obvious it became as to really why he was hired. And now you see the the very predictable results.....

I've said FOR YEARS that parity is higher than ever and growing yearly.

You obviously follow along enough to know I felt BK ...if the goal was to legitimately compete with the very best ...wasn't good enough and the performance showed such...

Then you'd also know I said things like go easy on making fun of Michigan getting beat by Appalachian state and the like because it could happen to us. Parity is increasing yearly. I've said it many times.

Bama being down 10-7 at halftime against Citadel ...
OU needing overtime to beat Army....as two recent examples.

Don't just pick the quotes you disagree with like your love for BK versus my dislike

Good day
Brother, yes, parity compared to the ‘80s and ‘90s is for sure a thing—I’m not arguing that nor that you’ve said this though I don‘t remember any of those posts.

My comment was about you giving credit to BK for consistently winning against this increasing parity. All I saw were posts saying “He can win against weak schedules and lesser teams.” Now you had a post talking about parity. How come you didn’t talk about this increasing parity (which is for sure a thing) when BK was winning against these schedules?

If you have such a post, i.e., “He can‘t win big games but he has been able to win consistently in a landscape of increasing parity,” well, I haven’t seen it.

MF wasn't hired because the players wanted him. Jesus Christ how naive are you. It's because Jack Swarbrick wanted him, because ND wanted him. The fact that he was so popular with the players was merely part of the package that made him so irresistible. That wasn't, like, what the decision was hinging on.

This is no different than Gerry Faust. A totally absurd hire, of a totally unqualified candidate, for no other reason but because MF really did it for them. A complete vanity hire that ND indulged themselves in, on account of how he's so impossibly dreamy, and they just didn't want to lose him. And it was either that, or see him get hired off to be someone else's DC, which is the only job MF was going to get if weren't for ND incredibly making him their head frickin' coach.

I admit to having been excited about it at first, but I was mainly in shock at losing BK. And the more you really got to see and know of MF, as the weeks and months passed by, the more obvious it became as to really why he was hired. And now you see the the very predictable results.....
That’s not true.

Swarbrick was painted into a corner by Kelly and had very few available options.

ND should have gone the interim coach route for this season.

That’s not true.

Swarbrick was painted into a corner by Kelly and had very few available options.

ND should have gone the interim coach route for this season.
WTF are you talking about?? You can respond to my posts if you want, but you gotta do better than this. Mindless football talk is fine, but this is not even clearing that extremely low bar. In fact, you're trolling. Nobody would say some preposterous shit like this and actually mean it.....

But also keep in mind that most of these portal players were at schools where things - or playing time - didn't work out for them. In other words, most were not good enough for a lot of playing time at their former schools. It's not like a 247 HS Composite top 300 list.

How can you say there is parity in college football when the same damn teams will all the time?
Well...2003 was the one and only other time Marshall beat a top 10...
Until ...
They played us.
App state beating Michigan...
App state just beat possibly the richest NIL team in CFB in A&M...

OU needing Overtime to beat Army...
Alabama vs The Citadel at least for a half.

Parity has never been higher and now with the star trek portal bullshit kids just want to play.

Brian Kelly losing to Tulane

Those are just some examples you mighy remember?!?

There's always Urban Meyer . He's just sitting there waiting. ND being a Catholic institution is all about forgiveness. UM just needs to stop into a confessional, purge his sins to the collars that be and be absolved. Then ND can move forward and bring Meyer in to take this program to the next level, Alabama, UGA, OSU, Clemson level.

And please spare me it won't happen, because I guarantee you, in a couple of years some major program is going to hire him and he's going to do what he's done at every collegiate stop and that's win and win big!

Last edited:
There's always Urban Meyer . He's just sitting there waiting. ND being a Catholic institution is all about forgiveness. UM just needs to stop into a confessional, purge his sins to the collars that be and be absolved. Then ND can move forward and bring Meyer in to take this program to the next level, Alabama, UGA, OSU, Clemson level.
And then right after the confessional. roam the ND campus for a young, pretty coed

• Haha
WTF are you talking about?? You can respond to my posts if you want, but you gotta do better than this. Mindless football talk is fine, but this is not even clearing that extremely low bar. In fact, you're trolling. Nobody would say some preposterous shit like this and actually mean it.....
You’re so far up Kelly’s ass that you can’t admit that he fooked us and left us with very few options.

What I stated is factual and I have more credible sources than you. !

Brother, yes, parity compared to the ‘80s and ‘90s is for sure a thing—I’m not arguing that nor that you’ve said this though I don‘t remember any of those posts.

My comment was about you giving credit to BK for consistently winning against this increasing parity. All I saw were posts saying “He can win against weak schedules and lesser teams.” Now you had a post talking about parity. How come you didn’t talk about this increasing parity (which is for sure a thing) when BK was winning against these schedules?

If you have such a post, i.e., “He can‘t win big games but he has been able to win consistently in a landscape of increasing parity,” well, I haven’t seen it.
If you want some kind of moral victory or field day certificate for Brian Kelly because he beat teams ( mostly) he should beat...alright.

That said I've always saud in the BK argument if you want to get kinda close...kinda sorta...then he's your guy.

If you want to compete with the top teams we need someone else.

I don't know what in the hell that has to do with parity?!?

Marshall fan here, I know I’m probably walking on egg shells posting but, I just want to thank you guys and the university for the hospitality that was shown to us, I’ve never felt more welcome then I did at Notre Dame.. from the time we left our vehicle until the time we got out of south bend it was nothing but nice people, it’s been a dream of mine to see Notre Dame University and you guys made it all the much better ! Thank you!

Reactions: Bob Rodes
Marshall fan here, I know I’m probably walking on egg shells posting but, I just want to thank you guys and the university for the hospitality that was shown to us, I’ve never felt more welcome then I did at Notre Dame.. from the time we left our vehicle until the time we got out of south bend it was nothing but nice people, it’s been a dream of mine to see Notre Dame University and you guys made it all the much better ! Thank you!
The classy ND fans are the ones that go to the games; they are not here.
And thank you for being a classy fan of Marshal

Your coaches structured very good game plans and your players executed them very well.

You out coached and out played ND.

ND fans attending home games are very hospitable and respectful of the visiting team and their fans.

I’m glad that you had such an enjoyable experience

There are lots of angry people here, but I don't think any of them are angry at Marshall, let alone Marshall fans. You guys deserved to win, and played very well. Congrats, and best of luck for the rest of the season. Thanks for posting.

Your team deserved to win. Congrats. Hope you guys go undefeated the rest of the way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT