ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Freeman = Jon Scheyer

Id rather play 2 top ten teams 1 non p5 and 11 unranked opponents over 4 ranked teams and 2 top 10 p5 teams any day

Anyone who thinks the first one is more difficult needs to rework their formula.
i agree with you that this years schedule was harder to go 12-0 than last years... agree 100%

But this years schedule was also easier to go 8-4 than last year.. both can be true with the formula. The formulas for SOS don't say which schedule is hardest to go 12-0, it's who played the toughest teams game in and game out full season.

Zero possibility of having a rational discussion here. The old saying. Throw sh*t against the wall and see what sticks. That applies here on this thread..
i think scheyer and freeman are a really good comparison... There are a lot of people that are super high on both of them and expect them to be the next great coaches. With that said, freeman had some shocking big struggles at times this year, and Scheyer has some major issues with his HAND PICKED team this year.

You can also tell both are/were really shocked with how bad their respective teams have played at times. Both said they didn't expect it or see it coming in prep or build up.

i agree with you that this years schedule was harder to go 12-0 than last years... agree 100%

But this years schedule was also easier to go 8-4 than last year.. both can be true with the formula. The formulas for SOS don't say which schedule is hardest to go 12-0, it's who played the toughest teams game in and game out full season.
Nonsense. Osu was better than Cincy. Clemson, Usc, Ncar was better than our 2 thru 4 next toughest games from last year

Not even close

i think scheyer and freeman are a really good comparison... There are a lot of people that are super high on both of them and expect them to be the next great coaches. With that said, freeman had some shocking big struggles at times this year, and Scheyer has some major issues with his HAND PICKED team this year.

You can also tell both are/were really shocked with how bad their respective teams have played at times. Both said they didn't expect it or see it coming in prep or build up.
I'll disagree and here is why. Freeman has performed better as the season has gone on. He is a quick learner and has the respect of his team and coaching staff. He knew early that Golden had to simplify his defensive scheme. He is recruiting at a higher level then Kelly. In his first year on the job. I've seen him get on players and officials. He also knew he needed to go into the portal for a qb. Which I agree with. His 2024 class is looking great. His 2023 receiver class is better then anything Kelly recruited.

Reactions: BGI User 756

Coaches say that all the time when they start slow. Vets or rookies. Meaningless

I'll disagree and here is why. Freeman has performed better as the season has gone on. He is a quick learner and has the respect of his team and coaching staff. He knew early that Golden had to simplify his defensive scheme. He is recruiting at a higher level then Kelly. In his first year on the job. I've seen him get on players and officials. He also knew he needed to go into the portal for a qb. Which I agree with. His 2024 class is looking great. His 2023 receiver class is better then anything Kelly recruited.
I have not seen him get on players and he only started talking to officials more later in the season.

I think we can all agree we peaked vs clemson, but Navy happened after clemson, USC happened, South Carolina (that was a really really bad team) happened. Those were 3 games we played bad to end the season. yes we won 2 because the teams were terrible. But we barely won those games and they should have been blowouts.

What do you mean by he knew early on golden had to simplify scheme? Our best defensive game might have been our first game of the season. We didn't solve our third and long issue all season. We kept doing safety blitzes from egypt all season. Our lbs were never able to get home all season. We didn't learn how to contain or tackle a running QB last year or this year. Not sure if these are golden issues or freeman issues because it's still mostly freemans scheme with some golden wrinkles.

Coaches say that all the time when they start slow. Vets or rookies. Meaningless
sure but what's crazy is how bad ND played a few games this year and how bad duke has played a few games this year. With the talent both teams have, only coaching and prep could lead to that poor level of play.

Duke right now feels like ND after Marshall. Yes Freeman definitely got the team to improve, but never to the point we thought we'd be pre season. Does Scheyer get duke to improve to where they compete in the ACC and can win road games.

I have not seen him get on players and he only started talking to officials more later in the season.

I think we can all agree we peaked vs clemson, but Navy happened after clemson, USC happened, South Carolina (that was a really really bad team) happened. Those were 3 games we played bad to end the season. yes we won 2 because the teams were terrible. But we barely won those games and they should have been blowouts.

What do you mean by he knew early on golden had to simplify scheme? Our best defensive game might have been our first game of the season. We didn't solve our third and long issue all season. We kept doing safety blitzes from egypt all season. Our lbs were never able to get home all season. We didn't learn how to contain or tackle a running QB last year or this year. Not sure if these are golden issues or freeman issues because it's still mostly freemans scheme with some golden wrinkles.
South carolina wasnt bad to end the year. Either was Boston College. This was definitely Goldens defense, not Freemans. Wrong again

sure but what's crazy is how bad ND played a few games this year and how bad duke has played a few games this year. With the talent both teams have, only coaching and prep could lead to that poor level of play.

Duke right now feels like ND after Marshall. Yes Freeman definitely got the team to improve, but never to the point we thought we'd be pre season. Does Scheyer get duke to improve to where they compete in the ACC and can win road games.
Duke has more talent than we do.

9 and 4 is not poor

Did their most important player get hurt?

South carolina wasnt bad to end the year. Either was Boston College. This was definitely Goldens defense, not Freemans. Wrong again
We didn’t play close to the team South Carolina had playing well at the end of the season

BC lost 6 of their last 7, only beat nc state due state not having their qb

You definitely saw goldens thumb print on it but you saw freeman’s too

OMG when are you 2 girls going to start pulling hair and scratching each other's eyes out? The feminine energy around here is just a little too much to take.

Between Kelly and Freeman haters, this place is rapidly turning into "Mean Girls 2" sequel

This past season Freeman lost 2 games; Kelly would not have lost. How do I know this? Well, the 2 games I am referring to, are Marshall and Stanford, Marshall and Stanford were both unranked, and Kelly beat 59 unranked teams in a row on the way out the door. Longest streak in the nation.

To Freeman's credit he has recruited more "ranked elite HS players" (4 stars or better) than Kelly did here at ND.

So, the only questions to be answered are:

#1 will Freeman learn how to get his team ready every week and avoid the boneheaded losses to unranked and inferior opponents. Especially at home.

#2 will those highly ranked "elite HS players" be developed and turn into "elite" college players for ND on Saturdays.

The answers to those questions will come on the 100 yard long and 53 1/3 hard wide field. The rest is just pure speculation, conjecture and hot air.

Reactions: Get Nasty

Like I said on a post above. Toss that sh*t against the wall...

😂 can't handle the heat? It's an anonymous internet forum. You are the biggest joke on this forum, Everyone, and I literally mean EVERYONE on this forum is laughing at you right now.
🤣😂😆😂🤣😂🤣
He is the biggest loser, idiot, laughing stock on any message board I've been a part of. Guarantee he spends his time away from here arguing with compete strangers on Facebook. No way he only does it here. NO WAY

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
Whitehead played in game 4 of the season. Who cares about the off season. Lively has played in 12 of Dukes 15 games

I dont think you have a clue
Your excuse for Buchner vs South Carolina was he was out for 2.5 months lol

He is the biggest loser, idiot, laughing stock on any message board I've been a part of. Guarantee he spends his time away from here arguing with compete strangers on Facebook. No way he only does it here. NO WAY
nah, people like you are on Facebook supporting Biden and liberal agendas… I stay away

Stats and facts mean nothing to people like you; no reason to engage

nah, people like you are on Facebook supporting Biden and liberal agendas… I stay away

Stats and facts mean nothing to people like you; no reason to engage
You just proved my point. Bringing politics into it for zero reason. I feel like Pavlov, and I just rang the bell, and here you come slobbering all over yourself. Pitiful.

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
You just proved my point. Bringing politics into it for zero reason. I feel like Pavlov, and I just rang the bell, and here you come slobbering all over yourself. Pitiful.
Spot on .. as if Biden had anything to do with this "discussion" ... and u use that description with some reservation. Thus guy is the ultimate whiny asshole. Guy knows absolutely nothing about UND or FB

Reactions: cancandodo
Your excuse for Buchner vs South Carolina was he was out for 2.5 months lol
You're comparing a QB playing against a team that had played a full season to a basketball player playing in game 4

You've never played sports in your life have you LOL

And Buchner was out 3.5 months not 2.5

Patterson Hart and many others were all hurt pre season.

You're comparing a QB playing against a team that had played a full season to a basketball player playing in game 4

You've never played sports in your life have you LOL

And Buchner was out 3.5 months not 2.5

Patterson Hart and many others were all hurt pre season.
Mid September to end of November? He was throwing leading into usc game…. Hmmm … check yo math

Ive played against ND at nd (nd didn’t offer me scholly but I tried my hardest, did go on official there) i know practice matters and missing all camp as a true frosh or any class for that matter is crushing

And Patterson and hart didn’t play as well this year as last… wonder why

Mid September to end of November? He was throwing leading into usc game…. Hmmm … check yo math

Ive played against ND at nd (nd didn’t offer me scholly but I tried my hardest, did go on official there) i know practice matters and missing all camp as a true frosh or any class for that matter is crushing

3.5 months no games

You're full of shit, your lack of knowledge about everything does explain you not going to UND, but you are a message board bullshitter about having played any sport. Sure you can post anything you want on a message board, but its clearly bullshit. You need help, that is clear

Or you brought up Facebook which used to be all politics not long ago and is now just a mechanism to TikTok … so yeah enjoy your social media

You're full of shit, your lack of knowledge about everything does explain you not going to UND, but you are a message board bullshitter about having played any sport. Sure you can post anything you want on a message board, but it’s clearly bullshit. You need help, that is clear
Hell, I had to go to doctors today due to injuries from 20 years ago in college impacting me today

But hey, believe what you want

Just say it, you’re scared of the knowledge I have and ability to evaluate, it’s ok to be intimidated

I remember meeting Michael Jordan in college, so I get it… I’m here for you if you want to discuss

Hell, I had to go to doctors today due to injuries from 20 years ago in college impacting me today

Just say it, you’re scared of the knowledge I have and ability to evaluate, it’s ok to be intimidated

I remember meeting Michael Jordan in college, so I get it… I’m here for you if you want to discuss
Like I said, your full of shit. Your knowledge level is zero, and that's being kind. Like I said you clearly don't know shit. No doubt your doctors appointment was to get your head examined. And that explains it. Keep up the stupidity, it's entertaining

Last edited:
Reactions: BGI User 756

Did you get on your knees or just use your hands?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT