ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: 2021 Notre Dame Football Recruiting Tidbits

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** Other than the Irish potentially adding a second running back in the 2021 class (which there's nothing new to report on at this time), I've pretty much shut the door on Notre Dame landing more commitments on offense. Well, maybe the door should be kept cracked? A source informed me today that the Irish have remained in contact with Ocala (Fla.) Trinity Catholic offensive tackle Caleb Johnson. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up that the Irish will flip Johnson, but Notre Dame never stopped recruiting him. They've checked in and haven't been overbearing.

*** Johnson committed to Auburn in May, a month before he was hoping to take an official visit to Notre Dame, but that was of course wiped out due to the pandemic. If that visit would've been able to occur, then Notre Dame very well may have Johnson on its commitment list right now. Auburn has lost some momentum on the recruiting trail and maybe the Tigers' season is derailed enough to where Johnson rethinks his pledge. That's the scenario I see to where Johnson decommits.

*** Notre Dame recruiting coordinator Brian Polian has had contact recently with Frisco (Texas) Lone Star class of 2021 athlete and Oklahoma State commit Jaden Nixon. I would assume that Nixon is a potential running back option for the Irish, but he's also played some defensive back during his high school career. Nixon has 46 carries for 289 yards and five touchdowns through three games of his senior season thus far. Notre Dame's contact with Nixon (and the following prospect) is fairly preliminary.

*** Another class of 2021 prospect in the Lone Star State who has heard from Notre Dame recently is Penn linebacker commit Nick Morris Jr. He plays for Austin Westlake and has had an impressive senior season thus far and netted an offer from Oklahoma State recently. Notre Dame defensive analyst Nick Lezynski has been in contact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News