ADVERTISEMENT

LSU Ole Miss

Welp that was quick. LSU scored on a fade on their first play. Hopefully A&M takes care of LSU. The ND win over A&M is really looking impressive, especially with the youth on OL. Major credit to Denbrock and everyone for getting it done.

Ole Miss eliminated. They were getting lots of love…. Now couldn’t hold a lead late. Lost to Kentucky. One less SEC team in the conversation

Fighting Kelly’s remain alive

Ole Miss eliminated. They were getting lots of love…. Now couldn’t hold a lead late. Lost to Kentucky. One less SEC team in the conversation

I don’t know. Ole Miss was #9. How far will they drop? Top 11 teams get in. They still have Georgia and who knows if they can make it to the SEC title game. 10-2 probably gets them in.

Sadly the media acts like the SEC is just so amazing. It’s so overrated.

I don’t know. Ole Miss was #9. How far will they drop? Top 11 teams get in. They still have Georgia and who knows if they can make it to the SEC title game. 10-2 probably gets them in.

Overrated? Still the best conference in college football by far. In the meantime, we play MAC schools and bottom tier ACC schools. Ole Miss would put up 45 on us.

I agree, SEC teams don't drop far after losses. I see Ole Miss dropping 5-6 spots. OSU will still be in the top 10, LSU will move into the top 10.

As far as being overrated, I disagree, the SEC has a bunch of football factories, that's the reality.

Overrated? Still the best conference in college football by far. In the meantime, we play MAC schools and bottom tier ACC schools. Ole Miss would put up 45 on us.
Yes, overrated. You can be the best and overrated at the same time. Just look at the results of the best and worst teams the last two weeks.

Are Vanderbilt and Kentucky just so good that they can beat Alabama and Georgia, or are those teams just maybe not that good? How about Tennessee losing to Arkansas and lucking out against Florida tonight?

Overrated as hell. A media propagated myth.

Evan an LSU win brings out the psychos. You'd think you'd let it pass, but it was a great game, an 'instant classic', and the humanity in you wants to savor it a bit. And you just have a figure out a way to spit on BK anyway. ND fans, salt of the earth, good christian souls....

Evan an LSU win brings out the psychos. You'd think you'd let it pass, but it was a great game, an 'instant classic', and the humanity in you wants to savor it a bit. And you just have a figure out a way to spit on BK anyway. ND fans, salt of the earth, good christian souls....
Moron.

Yes, overrated. You can be the best and overrated at the same time. Just look at the results of the best and worst teams the last two weeks.

Are Vanderbilt and Kentucky just so good that they can beat Alabama and Georgia, or are those teams just maybe not that good? How about Tennessee losing to Arkansas and lucking out against Florida tonight?

Garbage.

I agree, SEC teams don't drop far after losses. I see Ole Miss dropping 5-6 spots. OSU will still be in the top 10, LSU will move into the top 10.

As far as being overrated, I disagree, the SEC has a bunch of football factories, that's the reality.
It’s possible to be the best and overrated as well as the worst and underrated. ND was 4-8 in 2016. They were better than their record. ND was 3-9 in 2007 and worse than their record. Absolutely horrible team in 2007.

Agreed. And it doesn't affect ND in any way. Obviously our schedule does not compare to LSU's or Ole Miss or even Vandy. But just go 11-1, or maybe even 10-2 and we'll make it just fine. And if anything the SEC is so loaded they might just knock each other off, which would be great for ND. But it wouldn't prove or suggest that the conference is overrated.

Reactions: chaseball
It’s possible to be the best and overrated as well as the worst and underrated. ND was 4-8 in 2016. They were better than their record. ND was 3-9 in 2007 and worse than their record. Absolutely horrible team in 2007.
“You are what your record says you are.”

Agreed. And it doesn't affect ND in any way. Obviously our schedule does not compare to LSU's or Ole Miss or even Vandy. But just go 11-1, or maybe even 10-2 and we'll make it just fine. And if anything the SEC is so loaded they might just knock each other off, which would be great for ND. But it wouldn't prove or suggest that the conference is overrated.
Moron.

what in the F are you talking about?

• The SEC destroys the talent rankings,
  • they dominate the other conferences in interconference W-L record (they have by far the best interconference record among the p4 over the last 5, 10, 15+ years),
  • they have more national titles than anybody over the last however many years,
  • they are dominating in the production rankings ( advanced ranking systems in 2024) by occupying most of the top 15 spots
  • and coming into the year they were projected way out infront of everybody in the preseason SP+ projections
  • they have bigger nil budgets, the best coaches, the most elite teams, etdc. etc. etc. etc.
  • Even the bottom of the barrel teams in the SEC are competitive relative to the rest of the FBS
Only on an ND forum would they try to call the SEC overrated. If anything, they are underrated while they are completely running roughshod over college football

Reactions: 4-4-3

Very overrated. Think they drop to 15-17. Miss has beaten Furman, Middle Tenn, Ga Southern and WF. Lost to UK and LSU, beat USCjr. Did not look good in their 3 conf games. See them losing 2 more, why I’m calling them out so early

I'm all for people having a unique take even if it goes against the grain, but remarkable takes require remarkable evidence and those saying the SEC is overrated or not that good or whatever better bring the evidence to the table or you are going to get shot down by the evidence that says otherwise

He isn’t winning out. Not as good as the hype machine says. Lane good for 3-5 losses per year, this year it’s pushing 5
Ole Miss is ranked 6th in F+ to NDs 10th coming into this weekends games.

Ole Miss was in an OT dogfight against LSU on the road (another borderline top 10 team)

these rankings arent based on hype but on actual production adjusted for quality of opponent and for luck.

Because the game was so close, I see both LSU and Ole Miss ranked somewhere in the back half of the top 10 in F+ in the next rankings update.

I'm all for people having a unique take even if it goes against the grain, but remarkable takes require remarkable evidence and those saying the SEC is overrated or not that good or whatever better bring the evidence to the table or you are going to get shot down by the evidence that says otherwise
UF 17 losses in last 32 games. MSU 18 losses in last 31 games. UK 10-9 last 19 games. Ole Miss 12 losses last 3.5 seasons.

Wait, weren’t you shitting on ND’s win over AM? SJB quick to point out that Clark Lea is 12-29 at Vandy.

Kelly 8 losses in 2.5 seasons. Okie back to back losses to Texas by over 30 pts. Auburn 18 losses last 2.5 years. Arky 15-16 last 2.5 years. USCjr 15 losses last 2.5 yrs.

SEC bowl record 17-17 last 3 years

It’s been Bama and UGA, and now Texas is at the table. Great 2-3 teams at top, ESPN over promotes them. Tenn has 17 losses last 3.5 years.

Take a f*cking lap.

Ole Miss is ranked 6th in F+ to NDs 10th coming into this weekends games.

Ole Miss was in an OT dogfight against LSU on the road (another borderline top 10 team)

these rankings arent based on hype but on actual production adjusted for quality of opponent and for luck.

Because the game was so close, I see both LSU and Ole Miss ranked somewhere in the back half of the top 10 in F+ in the next rankings update.
I wipe my a** with your F+ rankings. Ole Miss is top 20, not as good as touted, has a lot of problems.

Reactions: Chitown11
what in the F are you talking about?

• The SEC destroys the talent rankings,
  • they dominate the other conferences in interconference W-L record (they have by far the best interconference record among the p4 over the last 5, 10, 15+ years),
  • they have more national titles than anybody over the last however many years,
  • they are dominating in the production rankings ( advanced ranking systems in 2024) by occupying most of the top 15 spots
  • and coming into the year they were projected way out infront of everybody in the preseason SP+ projections
  • they have bigger nil budgets, the best coaches, the most elite teams, etdc. etc. etc. etc.
  • Even the bottom of the barrel teams in the SEC are competitive relative to the rest of the FBS
Only on an ND forum would they try to call the SEC overrated. If anything, they are underrated while they are completely running roughshod over college football
Many on this and the pay board think ND has a "GOOD CHANCE" of going 11-1. Regardless of whether or not it turns out that way, I can't see that ND's chances of going 11-1 wouldn't be SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER playing in THIS YEAR'S SEC EDITION.

Teams ranked higher than ND have already lost to Vandy and Arkansas. While that doesn't GUARANTEE that ND would also lose to those schools, it still speaks to the OVERALL COMPETITIVENESS of the league.

Bama and Tennessee didn't lose those games because they're crappy teams. Vandy and Arkansas won them because they're BETTER than forecasters -- who are like MOMENTUM INVESTORS IN THE 'STOCK MARKET -- reckoned.

ND would have its work cut out for it in the SEC.

Reactions: chaseball
Many on this and the pay board think ND has a "GOOD CHANCE" of going 11-1. Regardless of whether or not it turns out that way, I can't see that ND's chances of going 11-1 wouldn't be SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER playing in THIS YEAR'S SEC EDITION.

Teams ranked higher than ND have already lost to Vandy and Arkansas. While that doesn't GUARANTEE that ND would also lose to those schools, it still speaks to the OVERALL COMPETITIVENESS of the league.

Bama and Tennessee didn't lose those games because they're crappy teams. Vandy and Arkansas won them because they're BETTER than forecasters -- who are like MOMENTNUM INVESTORS IN THE 'STOCK MARKET -- reckoned.

And you continue to propagate the myth.

Vandy is gritty this year ….and lost to Ga State. Beat a 3-3 VT in OT at home. Arky lost to Okie State and barely beat UAB. It’s because Tenn and Bama have significant weaknesses, and are overhyped…

Bama and Tennessee didn't lose those games because they're crappy teams. Vandy and Arkansas won them because they're BETTER than forecasters -- who are like MOMENTNUM INVESTORS IN THE 'STOCK MARKET -- reckoned.

agreed with all of this.

what bothers me is that ND fans are delusional. In order to feel good about ND they have to tear down the teams and conferences that are at the top of the sport winning at the highest level.

my best indicator to how good the SEC is (using a ranking system that ignores hype because its an automated formula) like F+, there were 8 SEC teams in the top 15 in F+ coming into this weekend.

agreed with all of this.

what bothers me is that ND fans are delusional. In order to feel good about ND they have to tear down the teams and conferences that are at the top of the sport winning at the highest level.

my best indicator to how good the SEC is (using a ranking system that ignores hype because its an automated formula) like F+, there were 8 SEC teams in the top 15 in F+ coming into this weekend.
It really sucks for you that the games are actually played.

‘Tear down teams’? The irony

And you continue to propagate the myth.

Vandy is gritty this year ….and lost to Ga State. Beat a 3-3 VT in OT at home. Arky lost to Okie State and barely beat UAB. It’s because Tenn and Bama have significant weaknesses, and are overhyped…
bra we already have ranking systems that do the "who beat who and by how much" exercise way more comprehensively and sophisticatedly than what you are doing here

How can you argue that the SEC is overrated or not that good when they are dominating the top of these ranking systems (using the same criteria you are here?)

It really sucks for you that the games are actually played.

‘Tear down teams’? The irony
Im not tearing down notre dame, im speaking about notre dame realistically.

Theyve been stuck at the 2nd tier somewhere around 10th for the better part of the last 5 years.

The problem with being stuck at 10th is that you dont win anything for being the 10th best team in the country (nothing at all) so what is the point? Moreover, the top 5 teams in the country are so far and away better that you can't help but point it out and want a better product more competitive product as a ND fan.

ND waves a white flag before the season even gets started based on how far they are away organizationally from the top teams in the country. Its frustrating seeing the data, and knowing how the season is going to play out before it even gets started every year based on the data, and seeing NOTHING being done strategically at the highest levels of the institution to address it.

Last edited:
bra we already have ranking systems that do the "who beat who and by how much" exercise way more comprehensively and sophisticatedly than what you are doing here

How can you argue that the SEC is overrated or not that good when they are dominating the top of these ranking systems (using the same criteria you are here?)
I just did. You pulled a Joe and didn’t state any facts

agreed with all of this.

I have my own system which I've developed for my own AMUSEMENT. It's not perfect by any means, but it tracks other power rating and ranking systems closely enough, while also OFTEN pointing out ANOMALIES that forecasters, in particular, completely WHIFF ON. For instance, how relatively well SEC teams, such as Arkansas and Kentucky, have actually performed so far this season, AT LEAST AS PER LAST WEEK.

In short, my power ranking is a NON-PREDICTIVE yet INDICATIVE measure of a team's NET POWER as measured by its net yardage differential + its net points differential and then either multiplied or divided by an outside but repuatable SOS coefficient. If a team is below the SOS mean, I divide the differential sum by the SOS factor, and if it's above the mean, I multiply it.

This allows me to RANK teams on the basis of how they actually performed as DEMONSTRATED by IN-GAME MEASUREABLES. THERE ARE NO OTHER FACTORS INVOLVED as all that I'm looking at are RESULTS. Everytyhing else is at that point BAKED IN.

I'm also working on an accompanying MEASUREABLE ODDS SYSTEM for use as a PREDICTIVE TOOL, though that is not my own main interest. WHAT INTERESTS ME instead is the development of a SIMILARLY QUANTITATIVE system -- or the employment of an existing one -- to determine PLAYOFF ELIGIBILITY. Something beyond an "EYE-TEST" or "GUT FEELING. I'm assuming, of course, that one is not ALREADY IN USE -- which may or may not be the case. Maybe you know.

But here's my point as per your post. Last week, MY system had SIX SEC TEAMS in the top 15 and TEN in the top 25, which is comparable to the EIGHT (though not specified by name) you cited as listed among the top 15 of the scheme you referenced

From a numbers standpoint, whether or not the SEC is "OVERRATED," it's still the most POWERFUL CONFERENCE. At least as of LAST WEEK. And I'd venture to say, that MY OWN NUMBERS WILL BEAR OUT that that is still the case, inclusive of today's games as well.

Last week, I posted my week 5 calculations on the pay board. If I get to it, I'll post my REVISED half-year calculations on this site some time this week.

I'm not talking GOSPEL here. Just another way of looking at WHAT'S HAPPENING.

10-2 Notre Dame ain't getting in. I don't think there's a chance.

Gotta get to 11-1. Or else it's "Pop Tarts" Bowl vs BYU. No thanks. Disaster scenario.

UF 17 losses in last 32 games. MSU 18 losses in last 31 games. UK 10-9 last 19 games. Ole Miss 12 losses last 3.5 seasons.

Wait, weren’t you shitting on ND’s win over AM? SJB quick to point out that Clark Lea is 12-29 at Vandy.

Kelly 8 losses in 2.5 seasons. Okie back to back losses to Texas by over 30 pts. Auburn 18 losses last 2.5 years. Arky 15-16 last 2.5 years. USCjr 15 losses last 2.5 yrs.

SEC bowl record 17-17 last 3 years

It’s been Bama and UGA, and now Texas is at the table. Great 2-3 teams at top, ESPN over promotes them. Tenn has 17 losses last 3.5 years.

Take a f*cking lap.
You just put it down!

Well done.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Im not tearing down notre dame, im speaking about notre dame realistically.

Theyve been stuck at the 2nd tier somewhere around 10th for the better part of the last 5 years.

The problem with being stuck at 10th is that you dont win anything for being the 10th best team in the country (nothing at all) so what is the point? Moreover, the top 5 teams in the country are so far and away better that you can't help but point it out and want a better product more competitive product as a ND fan.

ND waves a white flag before the season even gets started based on how far they are away organizationally from the top teams in the country. Its frustrating seeing the data, and knowing how the season is going to play out before it even gets started every year based on the data, and seeing NOTHING being done strategically at the highest levels of the institution to address it.
"So far and away better"?

Ohio State beat ND with 1 second left last season, on a play where we had 10
Guys on the field.

Reactions: BGI User 756
10-2 Notre Dame ain't getting in. I don't think there's a chance.

Gotta get to 11-1. Or else it's "Pop Tarts" Bowl vs BYU. No thanks. Disaster scenario.
Or, the SEC is so awesome, or so overrated, take your pick.... that SEC teams will keep beating each other. And there won't be enough 10-2 teams to push ND out. Unless, and here's the part that's going to send ND fans through the roof. That even if LSU went 9-3, or Ole Miss, or even A&M, or take your pick, that they'd get in front of ND at 10-2, on account of their SOS playing in the SEC, which surely must be at least part of the source of this inveterate fear and loathing of the SEC by ND fans.

He isn’t winning out. Not as good as the hype machine says. Lane good for 3-5 losses per year, this year it’s pushing 5
That’s not what you said earlier.

You stated Mississippi was eliminated with. a second loss.

SEC teams aren’t eliminated with two losses. The SEC is too strong top to bottom to say that two losses eliminate any SEC team..

👍

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT