ADVERTISEMENT

Losing causes the little things to all get noticed

IrishBlessings

ND Expert
Jun 25, 2013
When teams lose all things seemed to get noticed. Team appears to lack discipline - poor tackling game after game - a player getting a taunting penalty on a special teams play, a lack of discipline pull down hold an the kickoff which cost the team at TD etc.

I also notice that a fair number of players play w/ untucked jersey's - when I watch Alabama - no player has an untucked jersey. Same goes for Stanford and Michigan State. I'm not sure on Ohio State - but, I'd venture to say that Urban wants all players to have their jersey's tucked in.

I know it sounds trivial - but the team plays sloppy and undisciplined.

Reactions: sluggo69 and 88ND
that's not trivial. spot on. Respect is lacking because Leadership is weak.

Can you think back to the Packers Lombardi era? The players, grown men, had respectful fear of Lombardi.
They lived to 'please' or get approval from their 'coach'. Now times have changed but ND displays a 'lack of' on Saturdays. The post game pressers making excuses or trying to convince everyone that their 'obvious' is because they are 'stupid' and just cannot grasp the overall.

Accountability and responsibility were the said foundations of the regime coming in: we are waiting!

Last edited:
When teams lose all things seemed to get noticed. Team appears to lack discipline - poor tackling game after game - a player getting a taunting penalty on a special teams play, a lack of discipline pull down hold an the kickoff which cost the team at TD etc.

I also notice that a fair number of players play w/ untucked jersey's - when I watch Alabama - no player has an untucked jersey. Same goes for Stanford and Michigan State. I'm not sure on Ohio State - but, I'd venture to say that Urban wants all players to have their jersey's tucked in.

I know it sounds trivial - but the team plays sloppy and undisciplined.
Ya know...something else about those jerseys..those players you are speaking of ...a couple things....Bama and osu jerseys are Nike and ours are now UA and they are a different cut. that's OK but it looks some of our players could be wearing the wrong size too.

Something else though, I see those wearing untucked jerseys wearing like a night gown long looking under t shirt.
Holy hell let's start there. Get the scissors out and cut that t shirt so it comes down like a half shirt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT