ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s pump the breaks

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
Ian Book had a fantastic game against one of the worst pass defenses in the nation. Proclaiming him “the second coming of Joe Montana” isn’t fair. Obviously Stanford is a more formidable adversary. Some on this board want Ian named NFL MVP after one game.

Reactions: die4irish
Ian Book had a fantastic game against one of the worst pass defenses in the nation. Proclaiming him “the second coming of Joe Montana” isn’t fair. Obviously Stanford is a more formidable adversary. Some on this board want Ian named NFL MVP after one game.
Agree, but his accuracy was off the charts in the game other than the deep ball (his weakness). He throws a very soft deep ball but has to put so much effort into it he loses a lot of accuracy. I would have been impressed with his accuracy in a shell drill let a lone against an actual power 5 bad defense. If he can keep his accuracy we'll be good. No question he's not going to have all day like he had vs wake, and he will be challenged a lot more physically.

I think Ian is closer to John Huarte than the Comeback Kid. Shredding apart one of the worst pass defenses in the nation is notable work. The WF DC was fired the next day. Ian did exactly what was asked of him. I give him the game ball if I had one, but they are too expensive to be giving out anyway. We have not heard the last of BW IMO. I've heard on radio from an ND Insider that Chip Long is more comfortable with Ian and that is why the change was made. This is all fine and dandy but the OL has to show up and be consistent and these WR drops need to stop. The Michigan game should give our players the confidence to know they can do this Saturday night.

AMEN.

Wow, I guess I really missed the true concept of this post. I thought you were pumping the commercial breaks and was wondering if you get paid to do so. After reading the comments, I know understand you want to pump the brakes. Honest mistake.

SU can be thrown on also.
The thing is the schedule looks like a walkover if ND gets by SU.
Any loss after that would be a big big upset.

I think Ian is closer to John Huarte than the Comeback Kid. Shredding apart one of the worst pass defenses in the nation is notable work. The WF DC was fired the next day. Ian did exactly what was asked of him. I give him the game ball if I had one, but they are too expensive to be giving out anyway. We have not heard the last of BW IMO. I've heard on radio from an ND Insider that Chip Long is more comfortable with Ian and that is why the change was made. This is all fine and dandy but the OL has to show up and be consistent and these WR drops need to stop. The Michigan game should give our players the confidence to know they can do this Saturday night.
Huarte....No,no...more like Coley O'Brien...

The excitement stems from watching a great, but inaccurate kid throw balls in the dirt to another great kid being highly accurate. You'll see this was the one thing holding the offense back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT