ADVERTISEMENT

LAX Update

Currently in a weather delay in Philly, they didn’t mention a start time

Looks like they are going to get the guys back on the field at 2....The start ASAP after a short warm-up!

***Per the ND Lax twitter***

Lynch has been horrible....Everyone has has been stellar!!

15:00 to go until the repeat is complete!!!

Mike Tyson was involved in some sort of Med Emergency on a flight, now in the hospital. (Last nite)

Great win!

After letting MD take a 2-0 lead early, ND settled in and took over, big time!

As good as our offense has been, our defense requires kudos too. They put the clamps on both of our opponents in the final 2 NCAA games.

And our goalie was spectacular. 16 saves today (he had 18 in last year's championship game).

It was nice to see Coach Freeman at the championship game giving support to the LAX team, as he also did last year. Kudos to Coach Freeman. I am sure Coach Corrigan appreciates the support, as do the players. He's a class act all the way.
I believe I saw coach Shrewsberry come on the field to congratulate coach Corrigan after the game.

Seems like a lot of these young coaches ND has got in the past few years are more involved in supporting everything ND.

Kav or Liam better win the Tewaaraton on the 30th....

Nothing against the other candidates; but considering what Pat and Entenmann did today; there is just no justice if they give it to a guy sitting on his couch eating BBQ instead of two people who stole the show and repeated as champs!

I believe I saw coach Shrewsberry come on the field to congratulate coach Corrigan after the game.

Seems like a lot of these young coaches ND has got in the past few years are more involved in supporting everything ND.

I missed that, but that is great to hear. I read an article a while back with some quotes from the head coaches of other sports at ND commenting about how genuine MF seemed to be, and how nice it was for the head football coach to take notice of their team by showing up at their practices. I think Freeman explained it as you learn by watching other coaches coach. I don't remember the exact quote one of the coaches had about BK, but the gist of it was that in the entire time he was there Kelly never gave them the time of day, so they were shocked to see Freeman show up at their practices. I suspect that says more about Freeman than it does about Kelly. And to be fair to Kelly, he didn't have the same learning curve that MF does.

P.S. I found the article I was thinking of. The quote came from the hockey coach, Jeff Jackson. Here is what it said:

"The head football coach may always be first in line at Notre Dame. It’s just that Freeman doesn’t act that way."

“He’s been at more head coaches’ meetings than any of the other head football coaches combined,” said Jackson, whose 18 hockey seasons span the tenures of Charlie Weis and Brian Kelly. “There would be times with some of the other guys that I would feel like I was standing in a three-foot hole when I was talking to them. That doesn’t happen with Marcus.”

Last edited:
Barstool Sports, led with a headline that stated:

“Notre Dame lacrosse brings back bullying, beats the piss out of Maryland on National TV to win back to back titles”

I couldn’t help but respond to their cheap shot headline.

Here’s my reply !

“How did they bring back bullying?

They play great defense

The officials were seasoned officials and if there were any plays that called for penalties, the officials would have called them .

That’s a terrible headline !

Their goalie, their defense and
their offense are impressive

Give them credit, not the criticism of a sore loser !

They dominated their opponents.

Lacrosse is a physical game

Get over it !

Here’s my reply !

“How did they bring back bullying?

They play great defense

The officials were seasoned officials and if there were any plays that called for penalties, the officials would have called them .

That’s a terrible headline !

Their goalie, their defense and
their offense are impressive

Give them credit, not the criticism of a sore loser !

They dominated their opponents.

Lacrosse is a physical game

Get over it !
I read the article...

While I agree with you that there is a better word than "bullying"...

I don't think it was meant with negative connotation...

The entire article was written casually and it seemed to be that "bully" was being used as a complimentary substitute for "smothering", "commanding", and/or "authoritative"!

The headline leaving much to be desired; the content of the piece itself was 100% positive!....That why I am giving the writer, "Jordie", some benefit of the doubt!

I am a freelancer myself; so I have a full appreciation for how something can look/sound better in your head; but then it sends the wrong message on the page!

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Barstool Sports, led with a headline that stated:

“Notre Dame lacrosse brings back bullying, beats the piss out of Maryland on National TV to win back to back titles”

I couldn’t help but respond to their cheap shot headline.
It was a joke and they were trying to be funny. It wasn't a cheap shot. That is the type of headlines Barstool sports does

They basically said we dominated Maryland with that headline.

It was a joke and they were trying to be funny. It wasn't a cheap shot. That is the type of headlines Barstool sports does

They basically said we dominated Maryland with that headline.
It was a cheap shot !

In the headline they categorized Notre Dame‘s play as bullying !

That’s undeniable !

I read the article...

The entire article was written casually and it seemed to be that "bully" was being used as a complimentary substitute for "smothering", "commanding", and/or "authoritative"!

The headline leaving much to be desired; the content of the piece itself was 100% positive!....That why I am giving the writer, "Jordie", some benefit of the doubt!

I am a freelancer myself; so I have a full appreciation for how something can look/sound better in your head; but then it sends the wrong message on the page!
I agree with you 100%. The author was simply saying ND was on a level different from any other team this year.

I hardly think this passage from the article was derogatory:
"It was one of the most lopsided championships games ever. But that’s just what this Notre Dame team did all season long. Head and shoulders better than anyone else in the country from start to finish. We’ve seen teams go back-to-back before, but we haven’t seen any title defenses that dominant in a long, long time. Guess that’s what happens when you have a roster full of junkyard dogs."

The term "bullying" in the title of the article was meant as a sign of respect, not derision.

It was a cheap shot !

That’s undeniable !
"Bullying" in a good way!!

A demonstration of superiority; not dirty tactics!

Read the same headline with the word "Domination" in place of "Bullying" and I think the true intent is better conveyed!

It was a cheap shot !

That’s undeniable !
In sports that is a good thing. We bullied the shit out of them. Know your source and know the context. It was meant as a compliment

We did bully them and we did beat the piss out of them

Stop with your PC stuff

Reactions: Chitown11
It was a cheap shot !

That’s undeniable !
No it wasn't. You are taking it completely out of context. Don't make it out to be something it is not. It was meant to be used as "dominating" (maybe a better choice of word)

Some here are always looking for a way to take a shot at the Irish

IF our LAX guys were hardnosed and tough MORE POWER TO THEM!

Congratulations!

I read the article...

Read the article as well. Well written, and complimentary to Notre Dame.

The term "bullied" is used a lot in football when one team's offensive line pushes the other team up and down the field.

Reactions: tkirish and Golson5
I agree with you 100%. The author was simply saying ND was on a level different from any other team this year.

I hardly think this passage from the article was derogatory:
"It was one of the most lopsided championships games ever. But that’s just what this Notre Dame team did all season long. Head and shoulders better than anyone else in the country from start to finish. We’ve seen teams go back-to-back before, but we haven’t seen any title defenses that dominant in a long, long time. Guess that’s what happens when you have a roster full of junkyard dogs."

The term "bullying" in the title of the article was meant as a sign of respect, not derision.
Do you think that women, reading that headline, view the word “bullying” in the same context that you and others view it, as a harmless representation of the game?

If ESPN wrote the article, I guarantee you’d take a different position.

Definitions of bullying

The repetitive, intentional hurting of one person or group by another person or group,
The intent to harm a vulnerable person or group.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT