ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Hamilton NFL Combine

Playing in that game would have not helped him at all. He's still going to get drafted, probably 3rd or 4th round. And I hope he does great, it will only help us if he does. Plus he's a good kid and carried us this year and has been great for 2 years. Good luck to him
Maybe it did effect him. If the Irish won that game with Kyren making big plays like he did all season he would have become a legend at ND and what a exclamation point in ND finally winning a big bowl game. Plus more exposure for scouts.
That could lead to future money. Now he has lost a little respect among quite a few Irish fans (not the majority--but still)
Manti and Michael Floyd are Irish legends for how they turned the Irish from losers to winners. Those two players gave there all for ND. And are Irish legends in my book.

Reactions: IrishBeer
Maybe it did effect him. If the Irish won that game with Kyren making big plays like he did all season he would have become a legend at ND and what a exclamation point in ND finally winning a big bowl game. Plus more exposure for scouts.
That could lead to future money. Now he has lost a little respect among quite a few Irish fans (not the majority--but still)
Manti and Michael Floyd are Irish legends for how they turned the Irish from losers to winners. Those two players gave there all for ND. And are Irish legends in my book.
The point about respect from ND fans is valid.

But it improving his stock from scouts is not accurate

Did Riddick, Wood, Clausen, Tate, Floyd, Te’o, Quinn, Denson, Bettis, Eiffert, Martin, Tuitt, Tuck, Day, Harrison Smith, Brindza, Ismail, Young, Brown, Fuller, Smardzija, Rudolph, Carslson, Fisano, Montana, Laws, Taylor, Zorich, Zbikowski, Ndukwe, Jones, Claypool, St. Brown, Theismann, Rice, Kizer, Book, Watters, Brooks, Adams, Dex Williams, Walker, Grant, Allen, Folston, Hughes, Owusu, Gilman, Tillery, Fisher, Kramer, Lyght, Nelson, etc. etc. etc. get hurt in their bowls or last games and lose draft stock? Did any of them hold back in their final game? If you asked any one of them, would they say they regret playing?

You know what sitting out means? It means I think I’m so cool and important and I’m better than all of the players on that above list.

Last edited:
Did Riddick, Wood, Clausen, Tate, Floyd, Te’o, Quinn, Denson, Bettis, Eiffert, Martin, Tuitt, Tuck, Day, Harrison Smith, Brindza, Ismail, Young, Brown, Fuller, Smardzija, Rudolph, Carslson, Fisano, Montana, Laws, Taylor, Zorich, Zbikowski, Ndukwe, Jones, Claypool, St. Brown, Theismann, Rice, Kizer, Book, Watters, Brooks, Adams, Dex Williams, Walker, Grant, Allen, Folston, Hughes, Owusu, Gilman, Tillery, Fisher, Kramer, Lyght, Nelson, etc. etc. etc. get hurt in their bowls or last games and lose draft stock? Did any of them hold back in their final game? If you asked any one of them, would they say they regret playing?

You know what sitting out means? It means I think I’m so cool and important and I’m better than all of the players on that above list.
Yeah thats what it means. So dumb

Kyle put up good numbers in the vertical and broad jumps, and also had an excellent time in the 3-cone drill, but I expected him to run a faster 40 time. His official time was 4.59. I didn't think he would run a sub 4.40, but I thought he would run somewhere in the mid 4.4 range. I wonder if he will run the 40 again at ND's Pro Day, or if he will just let that 40 time number stand. I don't think Kyle's time hurt his draft stock, but I guess we will see how that plays out.

With Kyle's height and long arms, he is probably getting to the appointed place at about the same time as a guy who runs much faster anyway.

At the end of the day I tend to agree with those who say fast 40 times at the Combine are overrated. They don't call the NFL Combine the "Underwear Olympics" for nothing. Mike Mamula is a cautionary tale about putting too much stock in the Combine results.
so what's his football speed?

it matters not - most scouts are drooling over a ball-hawking, monster-sized baller at safety. if they are not, based on his 40 time, they should find a new job. he's a game changer, and it's apparent to even casual evaluators.

Reactions: Golson5
so what's his football speed?

it matters not - most scouts are drooling over a ball-hawking, monster-sized baller at safety. if they are not, based on his 40 time, they should find a new job. he's a game changer, and it's apparent to even casual evaluators.
Speed is a critical factor at every position in the NFL except QB.

Average time for Safeties is 4.54

His time will improve when he doesn’t stumble and runs without weaving.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT