ADVERTISEMENT

Kizer named the starter.

No brainer. Congrats DK. We still support MZ. There will be a time when MZ is asked to step up and contribute. One play away. I hope he has the right attitude on the sideline and stays involved. The NBC cameras will be on him and a sour distant look will not come off very good.

Kizer is the starter. Does that mean Zaire will get the 2nd series like in the UT game?

Also, who is going to play defense? Thats one area that really, really needs improvement.

Well, for one thing, if the defense doesn't get any better (I believe they will), the offense then has to make every trip into the Red Zone count. That's a lot of pressure on one unit. When was the last time any of us were this excited about an Irish QB based on actual performance and not on potential or press clippings?

Reactions: IrishBlessings
Kizer said he respects Malik and his senior leadership. We will have to see how Malik takes this but I believe the best Quarterback won.
Maybe Kizer can also play safety?

I believe the Irish would have won if Kizer played the whole game. I am not the only one. We have to win with what we got that means we will be in a lot of shootouts this year.

I heard some former players (not ND) on the radio say that DK is the offensive leader, not MZ. It's now DK's offense and the guys on offense will now follow him. Does this sound reasonable? So, can MZ still be a team leader by example? The world is watching and so will the NBC cameras. BK , BVG, and MZ will be the NBC spotlight.

Great news for Irish fans ! Kizer said today that he was named the starter.

In Kizer I trust !

We are going on a 11 game winning streak and make the playoffs ! We would have beat Texas if Kizer started the whole game !

Kizer is a stud and will be up for the Heisman this year !
Surprised it took the staff this long to name him the starter. He is the best QB in CFB, let alone the team, in my opinion. Coach Kelly needs to grow a pair and start youth when they are better than older players.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Well, maybe Kelly can get him in the game a few times to run against an 8 man front like he did at Texas. I feel sorry for MZ. Kelly set him up to fail.

Great news for Irish fans ! Kizer said today that he was named the starter.

In Kizer I trust !

We are going on a 11 game winning streak and make the playoffs ! We would have beat Texas if Kizer started the whole game !

Kizer is a stud and will be up for the Heisman this year !

Had dummy boy listened to my sage advice we may have overcome his and Uncle Rico's calamity of errors... PS kudos to the resident board self proclaimed HS coaches...others that didn't see the error in this clear lack of HC leadership...

Both Qb's to play against Texas.

"Uh, umm, uh umm, uhh umm, uh, umm...execution...."

Mistake # 1 for potty mouth. "I'm indecisive". (It'll be interesting to see who takes the field first.)

Mistake # 2 may likely be winning the toss and electing to receive...
cgvr,Aug 17, 2016

https://notredame.forums.rivals.com/threads/both-qbs-to-play-against-texas.87272/

Zaire sure didn't look happy on Sunday night. I hope he doesn't become a cancer in the locker room. Zaire also needs to be on the field, just not at QB.

Zaire sure didn't look happy on Sunday night. I hope he doesn't become a cancer in the locker room. Zaire also needs to be on the field, just not at QB.

Zaire was promised the job back in the locker room on the day he was injured. Then, I believe, kelly promised him that Kizer would start the first half versus Texas and that he would start the second....
Zaire couldn't get rolling and appeared out of sort.... He may have felt sleighted.... There may be something simmering....wouldn't surprise me...
Zaire dismantled Texas.... What a game that was....

MZ has to understand that this isn't youth football where everyone gets a participation trophy and everyone plays. You have to earn your position every snap of every practice and game. BK had no idea at the time when MZ went down that he had a diamond in the rough as a back up QB. This is the 100% correct decision. Quite frankly, it should have been made at half time of the Texas game. We all love MZ but now he has to take on a different role for now. I feel for the lad. I really do.

MZ has to understand that this isn't youth football where everyone gets a participation trophy and everyone plays. You have to earn your position every snap of every practice and game. BK had no idea at the time when MZ went down that he had a diamond in the rough as a back up QB. This is the 100% correct decision. Quite frankly, it should have been made at half time of the Texas game. We all love MZ but now he has to take on a different role for now. I feel for the lad. I really do.
Well, there is a whole thread of folks agreeing with the 2 qb decision. Others saw the flaw in it. That indecisiveness helped TX win....
Our HC better pull his head out of his rear end. We need to be flawless. Hopefully, we can rain hell on Polian.
PS Brian is a world class guy, very sophisticated, well mannered and fun....
He was a tremendous recruiting asset for ND.

Agreed ... Pollian might be one of the best recruiters ND has had in the post-Holtz era.

He was also responsible for convincing a USC fan/USC lock to fly further east from hawaii and play for the irish.

Zaire was promised the job back in the locker room on the day he was injured. Then, I believe, kelly promised him that Kizer would start the first half versus Texas and that he would start the second....
Zaire couldn't get rolling and appeared out of sort.... He may have felt sleighted.... There may be something simmering....wouldn't surprise me...
Zaire dismantled Texas.... What a game that was....
There may be something simmering in your head. You are a boob.

Reactions: Bodizephax
I will be sure to see if Folston has his socks at the proper level. If not, ND will be in trouble.. Lol.
You are a dopey putz.
He can't face it that you were right and he was DEAD wrong. I guess he can't talk down to people anymore after being SO WRONG. But then again, when you called him out that his username was wrong, you know he is an idiot

For anyone who does not know, their was a RB with the number 44 who was named Penick.

:(

What has me a little stunned and somewhat concerned was the rant by MZ's dad on social media about the decision to start DK. It was uncalled for and highly inappropriate. I hope this nonsense doesn't make its way to the locker room.

What has me a little stunned and somewhat concerned was the rant by MZ's dad on social media about the decision to start DK. It was uncalled for and highly inappropriate. I hope this nonsense doesn't make its way to the locker room.
Wow I did not hear about that.

He can't face it that you were right and he was DEAD wrong. I guess he can't talk down to people anymore after being SO WRONG. But then again, when you called him out that his username was wrong, you know he is an idiot

For anyone who does not know, their was a RB with the number 44 who was named Penick.

:(
Sarah_dumb_And_dumber.

Sarah_dumb_And_dumber.

Here is a picture of Sarah. She is cgvr's new wife.
deborahasher.jpg

I will be sure to see if Folston has his socks at the proper level. If not, ND will be in trouble.. Lol.
You are a dopey putz.
You'll never understand discipline, excellence, team....which is why you and MR Potato Head belong together.

If true it stems from porky promising the family in the locker room post injury that it was his job when he got healthy....

Stick to fluffing and folding. Your lack of intelligence is overwhelming.

On 2 QBs....

"'The fact that the brainless cvgr doesn't like the decision makes me feel very confident that this is the right move."
15 Pennick44, Aug 17, 2016"

PS The self proclaimed coach from Fl bragged about doing laundry with an NFL has been... That's an all time great.... Lastly, when I was at ND we had maids and laundry service.... I'm guessing some of your family members were involved in those enterprises....

On 2 QBs....

"'The fact that the brainless cvgr doesn't like the decision makes me feel very confident that this is the right move."
15 Pennick44, Aug 17, 2016"

PS The self proclaimed coach from Fl bragged about doing laundry with an NFL has been... That's an all time great.... Lastly, when I was at ND we had maids and laundry service.... I'm guessing some of your family members were involved in those enterprises....
I was waiting for a pregame report from you regarding the neatness of the uniforms so I could place a bet based on you analysis.
Now we know c stands for clueless. Thanks for the laughs.
Fluff and fold.

I was waiting for a pregame report from you regarding the neatness of the uniforms so I could place a bet based on you analysis.
Now we know c stands for clueless. Thanks for the laughs.
Fluff and fold.

Just admit that Porky's indecisiveness at naming a QB may have contributed to our opening day loss..... Would you like for Kizer to have those extra possessions back? PS if we play like we did today for the rest of the season you can bank on 3-5 more losses....

Just admit that Porky's indecisiveness at naming a QB may have contributed to our opening day loss..... Would you like for Kizer to have those extra possessions back? PS if we play like we did today for the rest of the season you can bank on 3-5 more losses....
Dumbo... I will take 47 pts each and every Sat. Good win today.
How did the uni's look today?

Dumbo... I will take 47 pts each and every Sat. Good win today.
How did the uni's look today?

We scored 37 in regulation. With a well coached team 37 should be enough.

With a team coached by corpses 47 should be enough.

We scored 37 in regulation. With a well coached team 37 should be enough.

With a team coached by corpses 47 should be enough.
You made my point. The offense did their job. Wow you are dumb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT