ADVERTISEMENT

Kiser coming back!

He's a needed piece to make sure guys get lined up right. It's hard replacing the entire lb corp. This is a great development.
I think Golden will overplay him like he did with Marist and Bertrand and never take him out. While more talented guys are sitting on the bench.

If he uses him in a rotation, okay. If he gets all the snaps then it's a disappointing development

He’s a hard worker and a good young man but he has hurt us at times with his slow lateral play and coverage. I’ve been hoping to see someone supplant him for it feels like years. If no one can beat him out for the starting job, that’s more of an indictment on the talent behind him.

He’s a hard worker and a good young man but he has hurt us at times with his slow lateral play and coverage. I’ve been hoping to see someone supplant him for it feels like years. If no one can beat him out for the starting job, that’s more of an indictment on the talent behind him.
I agree normally. But Golden likes veterans and he likes smart players.

I think it's more about Golden than the talent

I get that I suppose. Like I said, know he is a hard worker from everything I’ve seen and read the past 3-4 years, seems as you said to be an intelligent young man who carries himself well.

I’ve just always been a bit perplexed there weren’t more talented guys than him and Bertrand that could break through.

I do appreciate both young men and their efforts at ND though, good folks for sure.

I get that I suppose. Like I said, know he is a hard worker from everything I’ve seen and read the past 3-4 years, seems as you said to be an intelligent young man who carries himself well.

I’ve just always been a bit perplexed there weren’t more talented guys than him and Bertrand that could break through.

I do appreciate both young men and their efforts at ND though, good folks for sure.
And DJ Brown.... they kept saying they needed these guys to line up the defense and for communication.

I think Golden will overplay him like he did with Marist and Bertrand and never take him out. While more talented guys are sitting on the bench.

If he uses him in a rotation, okay. If he gets all the snaps then it's a disappointing development
Nonsense. He is a good player. He should play a lot.

I don't know how many times I have heard Belichik and Saban wishing they had more not so smart players! 🤣🤣🤣

With the lack of on field experience in the ND LB core, getting Kiser back is helpful.

I can’t think of a good reason ND will not field a National Championship caliber defense next season.

Reactions: tbone3114
With the lack of on field experience in the ND LB core, getting Kiser back is helpful.

I can’t think of a good reason ND will not field a National Championship caliber defense next season.
Agree w you, but Mills and Watts returning will be important. Seems like they’ll be back, but nothing confirmed yet.

As per his tweet.

Now get X and we'll have a good defense next year. Kiser is so smart, a leader and a damn good LB. Perfect guy to 'coach up' our young Linebackers.
Hes Joe Schmitt par deux. Don't need a 5th year average speed LB who tackles 7 yards downfield. Get the young guys in there. Wish he left..

You finally make some sense, after the ad nauseam about your BFF Riley L.

I’ve been clamoring for our younger linebackers to play as much as anyone here. An yet, once I saw them play, I understood why they weren’t. Snead for example, got easily blocked on runs as he lacked size and strength,etc…. I still am anxious to see our young guys play, and I think we have the most talented linebacker room in several years. Kiser will be a captain and the leader in this room, and likely play in the middle on typical running downs, and rotated out on passing downs. He’s a very good asset.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Yes, Joe Schmidt was such a nightmare. Who wants to coach a kid who is smart, works hard, unselfish, understands the scheme and performed better than anyone else at his particular position?

I get you need to be bigger, faster, stronger to win Nattys. But the kid was the best ND had at that particular moment in time.

Reactions: Pennick4 and Telx1
Hes Joe Schmitt par deux. Don't need a 5th year average speed LB who tackles 7 yards downfield. Get the young guys in there. Wish he left..
You really don't know much about football, do you? Kiser is the king of productivity-per-snap. Despite logging significantly fewer snaps than fellow linebackers Bertrand and Liufau, Kiser had 22 more stops than Liufau over the past two years and 40 less than Bertrand. In the last 25 games, Liufau has had 1,241 snaps, Bertrand 1,197 and Kiser 663.

Yes, Joe Schmidt was such a nightmare. Who wants to coach a kid who is smart, works hard, unselfish, understands the scheme and performed better than anyone else at his particular position?

I get you need to be bigger, faster, stronger to win Nattys. But the kid was the best ND had at that particular moment in time.
Which is pretty pathetic for a top Div 1 football team if thats the best you got.

You really don't know much about football, do you? Kiser is the king of productivity-per-snap. Despite logging significantly fewer snaps than fellow linebackers Bertrand and Liufau, Kiser had 22 more stops than Liufau over the past two years and 40 less than Bertrand. In the last 25 games, Liufau has had 1,241 snaps, Bertrand 1,197 and Kiser 663.
If you call productivity for a LB to make tackles 6-8 yards downfield, then OK. Hes great!

I’m glad he’s back. The LB group will need leadership. Lots of young talent there. Kiser doesn’t have to play every snap.

Kiser
Bowen
Sneed
Ausberry
Ziegler
KVA

Who do you guys think will start?

If you call productivity for a LB to make tackles 6-8 yards downfield, then OK. Hes great!
I am sure coach Freeman and coach Golden are thrilled that Kiser is back.
Coach chitown/rear end needs to get his eyes checked.

I’m glad he’s back. The LB group will need leadership. Lots of young talent there. Kiser doesn’t have to play every snap.

Kiser
Bowen
Sneed
Ausberry
Ziegler
KVA

Who do you guys think will start?
Jack Kiser for certain will start, from there, who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT