ADVERTISEMENT

Justified (Not for anyone who doesn't care about USC recrutiing)...

what is your confidence level on those you named above? With Tuli’s flip will the staff look at another DT (M Thompson?) to fill TL’s spot?
Pedersen is becoming a force on the recruiting trail. And Sewell going to a program in flux with a new untested H.C.is crazy. But he is a G. and his loss can be overcome.

We really aren't that worried about D-line this year, We are deep and the West is loaded next year. Our focus was on linebacker and defensive backfield. We will add someone if we can but the switch has been anticipated for some time and the coaches haven't done anything dramatic. IF we close with ITS, OG, Willaims, Eziake and Solo the coaches and fans will be thrilled. We would have loved to get Sewell but the whole line returns and again the West is deep there next year. I am not saying we WILL get all five but I am fairly optimistic.

Also there are some who think Solo will sign with UCLA, but I don't see it.

We really aren't that worried about D-line this year, We are deep and the West is loaded next year. Our focus was on linebacker and defensive backfield. We will add someone if we can but the switch has been anticipated for some time and the coaches haven't done anything dramatic. IF we close with ITS, OG, Willaims, Eziake and Solo the coaches and fans will be thrilled. We would have loved to get Sewell but the whole line returns and again the West is deep there next year. I am not saying we WILL get all five but I am fairly optimistic.

Also there are some who think Solo will sign with UCLA, but I don't see it.

How does a kid who has been a USC fan and prospect seemingly all his life give consideration to UCLA? heresy!

How does a kid who has been a USC fan and prospect seemingly all his life give consideration to UCLA? heresy!

No idea. Why would a kid want to play in a half empty Rose Bowl? But some do.

BTW There is one guy who used to be a Rival mod and opened his own board who claims Sewell to SC, but I think its just click bait.

I don't think so but some do. I think SC always wanted him and Tuli flipping to UW (not a big loss to the coaches) opened a spot. There are Solo to UCLA rumors as I mention above. IMO we still get Solo, but I haven't heard from someone really in the know yet.

I am aware of SC pursuing Winston for some time now. There have been threads that SC ought stay on him. Big kid. He is the kind of kid that can be a force inside.
I saw the interview done by PG with Sewell and there was Solo in the background looked like he was solid. He was clowning with OG. I am sure you saw that.

I am aware of SC pursuing Winston for some time now. There have been threads that SC ought stay on him. Big kid. He is the kind of kid that can be a force inside.
I saw the interview done by PG with Sewell and there was Solo in the background looked like he was solid. He was clowning with OG. I am sure you saw that.

Winston was a surprise to me. Here is what our mod said about Solo, "Solo has always been a MIKE for USC and Winston was brought in as a predator."

Winston was a surprise to me. Here is what our mod said about Solo, "Solo has always been a MIKE for USC and Winston was brought in as a predator."

One thing that has been a problem out west is the Mods on sites putting CB’s out when there is little supporting information. Oregon mods seems the most likely to throw out quick CB’s. UW mods also do flippant CB’s It makes following things very confused.

One thing that has been a problem out west is the Mods on sites putting CB’s out when there is little supporting information. Oregon mods seems the most likely to throw out quick CB’s. UW mods also do flippant CB’s It makes following things very confused.

CBs are fun but I follow GM and a couple of insider guys on an invitation only board I am on.

beach

3 of the 5 in, with 2 (Sewell and ITS) still to announce. Those 2 were are big question marks.
And the TE? Ezeike.

Any chance Sewell holds out longer with his decision?

Post decisions edit:
beach, you had it pretty much as it turned out. Everyone except Sewell (geez, what was the kid ?)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT