ADVERTISEMENT

Justified (Not for anyone who doesn't care about USC recrutiing)...

beachcardinal

All Star
Jan 30, 2006
Please do not read and then whine about it.

What a weird year Now ITS is trending to us. I actually have good sources on recruiting (once again not me, I am no insider) and guys that were rock solid a month in advance in most years are spinning like tops. Strange. No idea if true but it seemed like you would be interested.

What a weird year Now ITS is trending to us. I actually have good sources on recruiting (once again not me, I am no insider) and guys that were rock solid a month in advance in most years are spinning like tops. Strange. No idea if true but it seemed like you would be interested.

what did you say here

Reactions: okane and nemeth#5
Some of the CB’s are just crazy fluid. ND targets are or have been doing the same thing.
What is says is that guys in the know, don’t spend much time in there.

I am a bit confused as to why we would be interested in this...

ummm...ok tough guy...was just curious as to why this is on an ND board, was not being a d*ck. Was ND ever really in play with this kid?
I agree with you.... but Beach did warn us on the title that this is not for anyone who is not interested in USC recruiting...... which if you are interested in USC recruiting maybe you should hang out at their page?

Reactions: justified1
ummm...ok tough guy...was just curious as to why this is on an ND board, was not being a d*ck. Was ND ever really in play with this kid?

I am not being confrontational on the matter, just pointing out that this was a continuation of a discussion previously posted. A few posters were interested the fortunes of ND’s chief rival and engaged in a civil exchange. This should not be upsetting to you.

There are plenty of toxic threads where posters are trash talking or trashing each other if that is your driver. But heretofore this thread and it’s successor thread had been civil exchange.

Reactions: cancandodo
Despite the warning I seemed to have "triggered" some posters, oh well. I guess my post was badly written. What iI tried and failed to say was that people that are normally extremely good at naming those who will be present in class well in advance are changing there positions almost daily. We expected to be done with recruiting last week but are bringing in as many as three OVs this weekend. In addition I learned today that twp players are transferring which will open spots under the 85 limit, unless the coaches already knew that.

Because ND is a rival I respect, I am interested in ND recruiting, especially as to those recruit we both want. I believe some here are interested in SC recruiting. What I don't understand is why anyone would be compelled to criticize rather then just not reading the post. I would handle this by private message if I could but the free site does't seem to allow this. There must be a way that some of you who are so concerned can place me on ignore. I would recommend you do so.

Reactions: NDskins
Despite the warning I seemed to have "triggered" some posters, oh well. I guess my post was badly written. What iI tried and failed to say was that people that are normally extremely good at naming those who will be present in class well in advance are changing there positions almost daily. We expected to be done with recruiting last week but are bringing in as many as three OVs this weekend. In addition I learned today that twp players are transferring which will open spots under the 85 limit, unless the coaches already knew that.

Because ND is a rival I respect, I am interested in ND recruiting, especially as to those recruit we both want. I believe some here are interested in SC recruiting. What I don't understand is why anyone would be compelled to criticize rather then just not reading the post. I would handle this by private message if I could but the free site does't seem to allow this. There must be a way that some of you who are so concerned can place me on ignore. I would recommend you do so.

For your information, I now follow you so in order to not further stir up toxins, no need to place the poster in your title. As to private messages, we get what we paid for.
(who are the transferees? Is Cook one?)

Keep posting man I enjoy the info.....it’s amazing what gets people going these days

I am not being confrontational on the matter, just pointing out that this was a continuation of a discussion previously posted. A few posters were interested the fortunes of ND’s chief rival and engaged in a civil exchange. This should not be upsetting to you.

There are plenty of toxic threads where posters are trash talking or trashing each other if that is your driver. But heretofore this thread and it’s successor thread had been civil exchange.
Love the use of "heretofore" just nailed it.

For the untriggered. Looks like Wiliams and Sewell to Oregon. So far as I can tell in this weird year.

Crazy.

beach
I get the feeling Williams is shying away from the big stage. He was reluctant, warmed up, but again backed away. As for Sewell, just no idea what he is thinking. He could get on the field early at USC. He is a G, so that doesn’t sting as would a LT.

Last edited:
Crazy.

beach
I get the feeling Williams is shying away from the big stage. He was reluctant, warmed up, but again backed away. As for Sewell, just no idea what he is thinking. He could get on the field early at USC. He is a G, so that doesn’t sting as would a LT.
We are actually OK at d and O lines this here so long as we score big next year. The classes are great next year out West and the coaches re gambling that we will get our share then.

I don't think people were criticizing as much as just being confused. I don't follow recruiting as most here. Do you have names positions that ND/USC are battling for?

I don't think people were criticizing as much as just being confused. I don't follow recruiting as most here. Do you have names positions that ND/USC are battling for?
You can look on each player's offer sheet. Irvin, Solo, come to mind with others. If people are confused well ok. Hard to understand when the thread is addressed to a particular poster to follow up on a question he asked earlier and specifically says it is about SC recruiting. But I guess people can be confused easily.

For example I have always been confused as to why someone who doesn't care about the subject of a thread would open and read just to post they don't care about it.

Being a Notre Dame board, any Irish fan can open any topic and make any comments whether they like the topic or not. When the ND board gets inundated with FSU, ACC football, and USC recruiting news, some get suspicious. Others don't have a problem. No right or wrong answer. If someone is going to start a FSU, ACC football, or USC thread, expect feedback. Open forum. Open ideas. Open comments. Open topics. This is what being free feels like.

Of the players mentioned, those that commit and become team members will very likely appear in South Bend on a college football gameday. That sounds like it would be of interest to the board.

Being a Notre Dame board, any Irish fan can open any topic and make any comments whether they like the topic or not. When the ND board gets inundated with FSU, ACC football, and USC recruiting news, some get suspicious. Others don't have a problem. No right or wrong answer. If someone is going to start a FSU, ACC football, or USC thread, expect feedback. Open forum. Open ideas. Open comments. Open topics. This is what being free feels like.

I do expect it, but as I stated I don't understand it. To open a thread where the topic is clear and then express the thought that the thread isn't of interest confuses me. I am not suggesting that anyone should refrain from posting anything.

When I post here it is because I believe it will be of interest to a respected Rival. I may be wrong in a particular choice, The easy way for those concerned is to place me on ignore

No need for ignore. We are mostly adults here. I say post what you want and the court of public opinion will decide. But you have to understand if it's not totally relevant to ND, then expect push back. Same goes for that FSU/ACC pain in the neck. His comments are rarely relevant to ND.

I do expect it, but as I stated I don't understand it. To open a thread where the topic is clear and then express the thought that the thread isn't of interest confuses me. I am not suggesting that anyone should refrain from posting anything.

When I post here it is because I believe it will be of interest to a respected Rival. I may be wrong in a particular choice, The easy way for those concerned is to place me on ignore

Why keep explaining it?

TRIGGER WARNING YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THIS:

Justified: OK to keep going with our conversation if we have five more rides I am going with: OG, Solo, ITS, Ezeike and Williams. Not positive we have room for Ezeike.

TRIGGER WARNING YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THIS:

Justified: OK to keep going with our conversation if we have five more rides I am going with: OG, Solo, ITS, Ezeike and Williams. Not positive we have room for Ezeike.

Well, some kicker is going to become a walkon?:D

Sewell will wallow in anonimity.

Can't say but trust your instincts. Also
Letuligasenoa flipped to UW today, I think.

what is your confidence level on those you named above? With Tuli’s flip will the staff look at another DT (M Thompson?) to fill TL’s spot?
Pedersen is becoming a force on the recruiting trail. And Sewell going to a program in flux with a new untested H.C.is crazy. But he is a G. and his loss can be overcome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT