ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Brady to Panthers

Didn't they also show Vince Vaughn on the LSU sideline and the TV guys said that he was an LSU fan? I thought he was an Irish fan? What gives?

I swear last night they said he was coming back.
I believe Bleacher Report used the phrase "backing out of his contract". So Coach O gets less than 24 hours of celebration, then has to deal with this.

I believe Bleacher Report used the phrase "backing out of his contract". So Coach O gets less than 24 hours of celebration, then has to deal with this.

This is the reality of being a major D1 head coach. If he's as good as people are starting to think he'll have no problem finding a replacement and keeping that program ticking optimally. Given all of the talent/excitement/popularity surrounding that program right now he should have no problem attracting the best talent to come work for him. Is Chip Long still available ? :p

This is the reality of being a major D1 head coach. If he's as good as people are starting to think he'll have no problem finding a replacement and keeping that program ticking optimally. Given all of the talent/excitement/popularity surrounding that program right now he should have no problem attracting the best talent to come work for him. Is Chip Long still available ? :p
Interesting that LSU just put together probably the most impressive and dominant season we’ve seen in modern college football, but most people (including myself) doubt that this can be sustained in the SEC west.

We’ll soon find out if Coach O is truly among the best of the best in the business or if he just struck gold in 2019. Credit is due to him either way for bringing in that gold (burrow, Brady)

Interesting that LSU just put together probably the most impressive and dominant season we’ve seen in modern college football, but most people (including myself) doubt that this can be sustained in the SEC west.

We’ll soon find out if Coach O is truly among the best of the best in the business or if he just struck gold in 2019. Credit is due to him either way for bringing in that gold (burrow, Brady)
LSU has been trending up since coach O took over. Every national championship season requires a certain percentage of good luck. The development of Burrow and the hire of Brady definitely played a big part in it, but the overall roster, and a great defensive staff/roster also were in place to help put the program over the top.

The way LSU is recruiting they should have no problem being major contenders going forward.

Generally speaking, coordinators are overrated across the board

Last edited:
I read that he was staying at LSU yesterday and today he accepts a pro OC position.

This was the first year that he had major responsibilities and he had a 61 year old co OC calling most of the plays.

The money offered by the NFL plus the pension must have turned his head. LSU loses Burrow and Brady the same year. Will they hire Long (I am joking)?

Honestly, love coach O but I could see him turning out just like Les Miles. Who knows time will tell, it's hard to win, but to win year to year is a different level. I'm rooting for him to do well, I can just see it turning around back to the dreaded 10-3, 11-2 seasons everyone hates.

Never underestimate how much NOT having to recruit 17 year olds can mean to a coach.
winner winner. it's pretty well known that Brady hated the recruiting aspect of the job LSU certainly not blindsided by a move they pretty much expected.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT