ADVERTISEMENT

Jamele Hill Never Disappoints

"she writes. “More revolutionarily, perhaps they could disrupt the reign of an “amateur” sports system that uses the labor of black folks to make white folks rich.”

Burgess Owens would disagree.

https://m.facebook.com/logged_out/watch/?video_id=1243263262508704&refsrc=http://www.google.com/&_rdr
You have an amateur sports system that initially, did not allow Black athletes to compete, let alone be a student at a southern university.

However, once predominantly White institution’s, saw the value in the Black athlete, the flood gates were opened.

HBCU’s were established in the south because of segregation.

Her point is, she would like to see top Black athletes chose HBCU’s over schools like Alabama, LSU. For the simple fact that HBCU’s are hurting financially.

You have an amateur sports system that initially, did not allow Black athletes to compete, let alone be a student at a southern university.

However, once predominantly White institution’s, saw the value in the Black athlete, the flood gates were opened.

HBCU’s were established in the south because of segregation.

Her point is, she would like to see top Black athletes chose HBCU’s over schools like Alabama, LSU. For the simple fact that HBCU’s are hurting financially.
She can make her point without racist overtones.

Reactions: rgc7
What????

The South stood for one thing, White supremacy.

Why would we as a country, honor confederate soldiers that hated everything the North wanted?

It would be like Germany having monuments to nazi soldiers.

What racist comments did she make?

she writes. “More revolutionarily, perhaps they could disrupt the reign of an “amateur” sports system that uses the labor of black folks to make white folks rich.”

Universities are not white folks
There are alot of blacks who are on the BOTs.

Do you make any money from this?

people of all races, religions, and political believes can and are free to go to any colleges they want to !
Attend any school they they want to. Live in any town that they want to, apply for any job that they want to.
I could care less where an athlete ( Black, White, etc. ) decides to go to school. It doesn’t affect me
In the least. Economically, what affects me is the amount of effort that I put into my labor and investments.
I study history to learn from it and to avoid the mistakes of past actions. I also try to learn and emulate
The successful actions so that I can understand current day events and be an educated voter.
I also do not dwell on past or present prejudices against me and my ancestry. I am responsible for
My own destiny. I know my self worth, I make my Own decisions and accept my failures and enjoy my
Successes.
Everyone can do and should do the same thing. The same opportunities are there for every one
Today. No one needs to be a victim, but if one chooses to be that is their choice !

people of all races, religions, and political believes can and are free to go to any colleges they want to !
Attend any school they they want to. Live in any town that they want to, apply for any job that they want to.
I could care less where an athlete ( Black, White, etc. ) decides to go to school. It doesn’t affect me
In the least. Economically, what affects me is the amount of effort that I put into my labor and investments.
I study history to learn from it and to avoid the mistakes of past actions. I also try to learn and emulate
The successful actions so that I can understand current day events and be an educated voter.
I also do not dwell on past or present prejudices against me and my ancestry. I am responsible for
My own destiny. I know my self worth, I make my Own decisions and accept my failures and enjoy my
Successes.
Everyone can do and should do the same thing. The same opportunities are there for every one
Today. No one needs to be a victim, but if one chooses to be that is their choice !
This is exactly what Burgess Owens is saying.

Burgess Owens is right on the money ! He is a perfect example of what every one should aspire to !

Burgess Owens is right on the money ! He is a perfect example of what every one should aspire to !
Funny, you guys find one Black man to support YOUR views.

But you disregard/dismiss any and all Black people that speak opposite of your views and then you go onto call them racist.

she writes. “More revolutionarily, perhaps they could disrupt the reign of an “amateur” sports system that uses the labor of black folks to make white folks rich.”

Universities are not white folks
There are alot of blacks who are on the BOTs.

Do you make any money from this?
80%-90% of all division one university’s, are ran by White people.

That’s from Athletic director’s to the President’s.

80%-90% of all division one university’s, are ran by White people.

That’s from Athletic director’s to the President’s.
More direct quotes from her article:

“About 30 Division I schools each bring in at least $100 million in athletic revenue every year. Almost all of these schools are majority white—in fact, black men make up only 2.4 percent of the total undergraduate population of the 65 schools in the so-called Power Five athletic conferences. Yet black men make up 55 percent of the football players in those conferences, and 56 percent of basketball players.”

“Black athletes have attracted money and attention to the predominantly white universities that showcase them. Meanwhile, black colleges are struggling. Alabama’s athletic department generated $174 million in the 2016–17 school year, whereas the HBCU that generated the most money from athletics that year, Prairie View A&M, brought in less than $18 million.”

Funny, you guys find one Black man to support YOUR views.

But you disregard/dismiss any and all Black people that speak opposite of your views and then you go onto call them racist.

More direct quotes from her article:

“About 30 Division I schools each bring in at least $100 million in athletic revenue every year. Almost all of these schools are majority white—in fact, black men make up only 2.4 percent of the total undergraduate population of the 65 schools in the so-called Power Five athletic conferences. Yet black men make up 55 percent of the football players in those conferences, and 56 percent of basketball players.”

“Black athletes have attracted money and attention to the predominantly white universities that showcase them. Meanwhile, black colleges are struggling. Alabama’s athletic department generated $174 million in the 2016–17 school year, whereas the HBCU that generated the most money from athletics that year, Prairie View A&M, brought in less than $18 million.”
This is what liberty is
Personal choice.
I see you left out her racial overtones

Where do I call anyone “ Raciest “ ?
Are you serious? Do you not pay attention to your own time on this board?

Multiple times, throughout this thread, deadirishpoet called Mrs. Hill a racist and a bigot. You, you are the one that “liked” his post. By you liking the post you are agreeing with him, calling her, a racist and a bigot.

Funny thing is, despite the fact that her comments are blatant racism, nobody will do anything about it. Typical liberal double standard.

Hill racist? Absolutely no doubt about it.
Who has she personally ever discriminated against?

When exactly did she say hatful words towards another race?

This is the definition of racism:

Racism is the belief that some races are better than others, and the actions that can happen from those beliefs. For example, during The Holocaust, Nazis in Germany believed that some races did not even deserve to exist.

Funny thing is, despite the fact that her comments are blatant racism, nobody will do anything about it. Typical liberal double standard.

Racism is the belief that some races are better than others, and the actions that can happen from those beliefs. For example, during The Holocaust, Nazis in Germany believed that some races did not even deserve to exist.

When has she ever, done this?

Hill racist? Absolutely no doubt about it.

When has she done this?

Are you serious? Do you not pay attention to your own time on this board?

Multiple times, throughout this thread, deadirishpoet called Mrs. Hill a racist and a bigot. You, you are the one that “liked” his post. By you liking the post you are agreeing with him, calling her, a racist and a bigot.
Lol
Why did ESPN let her go?

When has she done this?

She’s the one bringing up race by saying things such as “White Colleges, Black Athletes.” The action she is suggesting is basically segregation.

Lol
Why did ESPN let her go?
Get your facts straight:

She was suspended for posting this about Trump, "white supremacist who has largely surrounded himself w/ other white supremacists."

She returned to ESPN then later resigned on her own. She was never going to be fired.

After she resigned ESPN gave the following statement:

Connor Schell, ESPN's executive vice president for content, issued a statement praising Hill as "an exceptionally talented writer, storyteller host and commentator whose unique voice has made ESPN's many platforms better over the last 12 years."

"As she moves forward into the next phase of her career, with the desire to produce content outside of sports, we wish her the best and thank her for her work.”

She’s the one bringing up race by saying things such as “White Colleges, Black Athletes.” The action she is suggesting is basically segregation.
THIS IS ALL ABOUT RACE! What are you talking about????

Would ESPN say that about a racist they fired?

Connor Schell, ESPN's executive vice president for content, issued a statement praising Hill as "an exceptionally talented writer, storyteller host and commentator whose unique voice has made ESPN's many platforms better over the last 12 years."

"As she moves forward into the next phase of her career, with the desire to produce content outside of sports, we wish her the best and thank her for her work," he said.

Are black universities diverse?

Absolutely not proportional to the population, that’s for sure. They’re losing money and need to find a new stream of revenue. There’s nothing wrong with saying that or trying to find a way to generate more money. Saying ND should only give scholarships to white athletes is. Just like saying black athletes should abandon white universities. You’re drawing a line and basically advocating for segregation.

Absolutely not proportional to the population, that’s for sure. They’re losing money and need to find a new stream of revenue. There’s nothing wrong with saying that or trying to find a way to generate more money. Saying ND should only give scholarships to white athletes is. Just like saying black athletes should abandon white universities. You’re drawing a line and basically advocating for segregation.
No, it is saying, you better support your own because no one else will.

THIS IS ALL ABOUT RACE! What are you talking about????

Then fvck off. I’ll root for ND no matter what color skin is under the helmet. I’m surely not tuning in to watch Jackson St as I have no ties or interest in doing so. See where that gets you.

Then fvck off. I’ll root for ND no matter what color skin is under the helmet. I’m surely not tuning in to watch Jackson St as I have no ties or interest in doing so. See where that gets you.
This thread is all about race. That was my point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT