ADVERTISEMENT

Jamele Hill Never Disappoints

I've seen fans advocate for Catholic athletes to attend Catholic universities...

The time and en
White people at major universities wanted nothing to do with Black people. Until they realized how much money they as a university could make off of them.

That’s not true !

That was never the motivation for enrolling black students/athletes.

You’re probably repeating what some politically motivated professor told you.

Reactions: rgc7
The time and en

That’s not true !

That was never the motivation for enrolling black students/athletes.

You’re probably repeating what some politically motivated professor told you.
Okay, what was the motivation?

Bear Bryant got crushed by USC with Black athletes and said “we have to get some of those”. This is just one example.

We live in a weird time. We do not see anywhere near the out right racism that existed in this country at one time. However, outright hatred for Blacks and minority’s is alive and well in this country.

We still have senators and public officials that believe honoring the confederate flag and confederate monuments should be “allowed” in this country.

Even though what those symbols stood for is pure hatred.

I work all over the country and i dont see it.

Case in point:
I was in lousiana in june fir a month. Dickerson equal amount of blacks and whites i didnt see any tensions while at restaurants as they mingled
Then i was in Memphis in july the same
Now im working in St Louis again im not seeing it.

I'm not saying everything is peachy, but i think you will find the radicals on both sides seem to get the attention while what I'm experiencing is not being expressed enough and thats the shame

We live in a weird time. We do not see anywhere near the out right racism that existed in this country at one time. However, outright hatred for Blacks and minority’s is alive and well in this country.

We still have senators and public officials that believe honoring the confederate flag and confederate monuments should be “allowed” in this country.

Even though what those symbols stood for is pure hatred.

Those monuments aren’t symbols of “pure hatred”, that’s just your distorted view,....... again, probably learned from some politically motivated professor.

You evidently believe in revisionist history and champion ISIS’s efforts to destroy antiquities in Syria and elsewhere.

Why wouldn’t southerners want to preserve monuments commemorating southern war heroes ?

The Civil War wasn’t solely about slavery, other material issues were involved that evidently you’re not aware of.

Bear Bryant got crushed by USC with Black athletes and said “we have to get some of those”. This is just one example.

That’s absolutely not true.

That’s a pure myth, Alabama already had a black football player at the time that the USC game was played.

Exercise some due diligence and do some quality research before you post

I work all over the country and i dont see it.

Case in point:
I was in lousiana in june fir a month. Dickerson equal amount of blacks and whites i didnt see any tensions while at restaurants as they mingled
Then i was in Memphis in july the same
Now im working in St Louis again im not seeing it.

I'm not saying everything is peachy, but i think you will find the radicals on both sides seem to get the attention while what I'm experiencing is not being expressed enough and thats the shame
I guess you forgot what happened in Charleston 2017.

Get your head out the sand.

The only President to ever be asked to show his birth certificate was who?

That’s absolutely not true.

That’s a pure myth, Alabama already had a black football player at the time that the USC game was played.

Exercise some due diligence and do some quality research before you post
Okay, did research, proved my point.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/281557/

“The first game would open their 1970 season and would be played on September 12 at Legion Field in Birmingham. Alabama was coming off a poor season under Bryant (they were 6-5) and was taking on, in USC, a team that some thought had a shot at the national title. And, far more significantly, Bryant was, for the first time, inviting an integrated team from outside the state to play in Alabama against one of the last schools in the country with an all-white team”.

Those monuments aren’t symbols of “pure hatred”, that’s just your distorted view,....... again, probably learned from some politically motivated professor.

You evidently believe in revisionist history and champion ISIS’s efforts to destroy antiquities in Syria and elsewhere.

Why wouldn’t southerners want to preserve monuments commemorating southern war heroes ?

The Civil War wasn’t solely about slavery, other material issues were involved that evidently you’re not aware of.
What????

The South stood for one thing, White supremacy.

Why would we as a country, honor confederate soldiers that hated everything the North wanted?

It would be like Germany having monuments to nazi soldiers.

I guess you forgot what happened in Charleston 2017.

Get your head out the sand.

The only President to ever be asked to show his birth certificate was who?

I am awear of Charleston and it been hashed out to nausea on the board, but that is not all over america. It was one small spot

My recent experiences where in major cities and there were no issue as people interacted with each other.

And Obama's birth certificate i never taken seriously, but i did his constitutional actions since you've brought him up.

I am awear of Charleston and it been hashed out to nausea on the board, but that is not all over america. It was one small spot

My recent experiences where in major cities and there were no issue as people interacted with each other.

And Obama's birth certificate i never taken seriously, but i did his constitutional actions since you've brought him up.
So what exactly is your point?

Are you saying racism is dead because you see white and black people holding hands and singing Kum-ba-ya?

Reactions: 8th Man
What????

Why would we as a country, honor confederate soldiers that hated everything the North wanted?

Slavery was not the main reason for the civil war
So what exactly is your point?

Are you saying racism is dead because you see white and black people holding hands and singing Kum-ba-ya?

No I've stated that but it not as bad as you make it.
If it is that bad where you live you should move.
That's my point

That's my point
How exactly do “I make it”? What have I posted that Portrays any falsehoods?

YOU’RE WRONG AGAIN.

John Mitchell was not the first black football player to come to Alabama.

Wilbur Jackson preceded him and was enrolled at Alabama in the fall of 1970, PRIOR to the USC game.

So using Wikipedia is what you call research.
They both enrolled in 1971. Show me something to back your facts

Patirish I’m waiting.

Wait no longer.

I already proved you wrong on your claim that Alabama didn’t recruit black players until after the USC game.

People who lived history usually know more about the realties of the past than people who have no personal experience and use Wikipedia as their resource........ like you.

Wait no longer.

I already proved you wrong on your claim that Alabama didn’t recruit black players until after the USC game.

People who lived history usually know more about the realties of the past than people who have no personal experience and use Wikipedia as their resource........ like you.
Alabama had ZERO Black players on their team when they played SC.

They both enrolled in 1971. Show me something to back your facts

Not true.

And you didn’t even know about Wilbur Jackson until I brought him to your attention.

Wilbur Jackson was enrolled in 1970, PRIOR to the USC game.

Get your facts right BEFORE you post.

Alabama had ZERO Black players on their team when they played SC.

So now your changing your story after I proved you wrong on your initial claim.

Wilbur Jackson was ineligible to play in the USC game, but he had been recruited as an Alabama football player and enrolled at Alabama PRIOR to the USC GAME.

You’re a fraud !

How exactly do “I make it”? What have I posted that Portrays any falsehoods?
Geez
Because I am not experiencing the hate you pound your chest with that exsist.
I don't see it and i am working where people of a races mingle throughout the country
without any issues.
Anti-Semitic attacks have spiked and i dont feel the need to condemn people who have nothing to do with the slavery of Jews or the hatred towards them.
I look at people as individuals and not a race

What????

You’re not only ignorant on football history, but history in general.

Each time you comment on history you detract from the total sum of human knowledge on that subject.

You have no understanding of the agrarian society represented by the south, the issue of States Rights and other issues.

Your analogy with Nazi’s is so flawed that it’s embarrassing.

You are aware that not all German soldiers were Nazi’s, aren’t you.

Since you’re such an expert on history, in Africa, who captured and sold blacks into slavery ?

And, were there any black slaveholders in the south ?

Use your source of preference, Wikipedia, and see if you can find the answers.

So now your changing your story after I proved you wrong on your initial claim.

Wilbur Jackson was ineligible to play in the USC game, but he had been recruited as an Alabama football player and enrolled at Alabama PRIOR to the USC GAME.

You’re a fraud !
My story has not changed. Bear was crushed by SC then opened the flood gates to Black players. How many Black players played against SC?

You’re not only ignorant on football history, but history in general.

Each time you comment on history you detract from the total sum of human knowledge on that subject.

You have no understanding of the agrarian society represented by the south, the issue of States Rights and other issues.

Your analogy with Nazi’s is so flawed that it’s embarrassing.

You are aware that not all German soldiers were Nazi’s, aren’t you.

Since you’re such an expert on history, in Africa, who captured and sold blacks into slavery ?

And, were there any black slaveholders in the south ?

Use your source of preference, Wikipedia, and see if you can find the answers.
No slaves in the North.

Not all Germans were Nazis. Just like our country was split.

How offensive for a country to have monuments honoring people who believed Blacks were less than human. Having those monuments up in the face of Black Americans is appalling.

Reactions: 8th Man
No slaves in the North.

Not all Germans were Nazis. Just like our country was split.

How offensive for a country to have monuments honoring people who believed Blacks were less than human. Having those monuments up in the face of Black Americans is appalling.

You’re so misguided that it’s stunning, you’re beyond ignorant!

The above is a direct quote from you.

Bear Bryant never spoke those words, that a pure lie on your part.

Alabama had already recruited and enrolled a black football player PRIOR to the USC game. Every football historian knows that.
You didn’t.

And now you’re trying to change your story.

You’re an ignorant fraud !

The above is a direct quote from you.

Bear Bryant never spoke those words, that a pure lie on your part.

Alabama had already recruited and enrolled a black football player PRIOR to the USC game. Every football historian knows that.
You didn’t.

And now you’re trying to change your story.

You’re an ignorant fraud !
Thank you for your kind words. I truly appreciate your efforts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/explor...yant-and-the-color-barrier-covert-racism/amp/

“After that season Alabama offered its first scholarship to a black player in the school’s history. In 1971 Alabama offered a scholarship to Wilbur Jackson a black player from Alabama to play running back for the Crimson Tide. That same year the first black player played for Alabama, John Mitchell a junior college transfer student (Browning). After that season and the breaking of the color barrier at Alabama, it opened the door for more black players to receive scholarships and to play football at the University of Alabama”.

Thank you for your kind words. I truly appreciate your efforts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/explor...yant-and-the-color-barrier-covert-racism/amp/

“After that season Alabama offered its first scholarship to a black player in the school’s history. In 1971 Alabama offered a scholarship to Wilbur Jackson a black player from Alabama to play running back for the Crimson Tide. That same year the first black player played for Alabama, John Mitchell a junior college transfer student (Browning). After that season and the breaking of the color barrier at Alabama, it opened the door for more black players to receive scholarships and to play football at the University of Alabama”.

Your source, like you, is incorrect.

Wilbur Jackson was a freshman in 1970, not 1971.

You want to perpetuate a lie, a myth, you believe in revisionist history, I don’t.

You want to continue lying to advance your narrative.

You’re a fraud !

I don't know why anyone would waste their time trying to educate someone so filled with hatred. Really no point.
No quote would ever satisfy him; no cite would ever be enough. Just ignore the troll.

So, because 50 years ago colleges in one part of the country would not allow black students, today's black students should consider race when choosing their college and should attend HBCUs? Is that your logic? Let's just chuck those 50 years of racial and ethnic diversity progress? Isn't the ultimate goal to reach a social situation where people don't use race in their decision making processes, where society evolves to being aracial? Stuff like she's proposing doesn't get us closer to that goal, it gets us further away from it.

If a white person is not admitted into a university it has nothing to do with race.
Seriously? When colleges purposely make admissions decisions with a goal of creating a more racially and ethnically diverse student body, which is very common, there are, by definition, students who are being admitted for racial reasons and students who are denied admission for racial reasons. There's no way around that, as long as the university has a finite number of spots in the student body. It's just math.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
So, because 50 years ago colleges in one part of the country would not allow black students, today's black students should consider race when choosing their college and should attend HBCUs? Is that your logic? Let's just chuck those 50 years of racial and ethnic diversity progress? Isn't the ultimate goal to reach a social situation where people don't use race in their decision making processes, where society evolves to being aracial? Stuff like she's proposing doesn't get us closer to that goal, it gets us further away from it.
What happen to being an individual?

“However, outright hatred for Blacks and minority’s is alive and well in this country.”

Is there any outright hatred from blacks and minorities towards whites or are only whites the meanies? Let me guess, blacks & minorities are justified. That seems to be the go-to response. Carry on defending the indefensible. Hill is a racist jackass.

Seriously? When colleges purposely make admissions decisions with a goal of creating a more racially and ethnically diverse student body, which is very common, there are, by definition, students who are being admitted for racial reasons and students who are denied admission for racial reasons. There's no way around that, as long as the university has a finite number of spots in the student body. It's just math.
You started this post with miss quotes.

Everything you said in your initial post was a miss-quote. Which in turn, caused posters to go after a journalist that in reality said nothing controversial.

Post the actual article before you make up lies.

That's my point

Claiming the Civil War was not over slavery is like stating that the US didn't enter WWII because of Pearl Harbor. Slavery is mentioned as the primary motive in the various articles of secession.

Reactions: Zorich 88
Claiming the Civil War was not over slavery is like stating that the US didn't enter WWII because of Pearl Harbor. Slavery is mentioned as the primary motive in the various articles of secession.

I didnt say slavery wasn't a part, but there were other factors.
Slavery is mentioned as the main part by some. Others say the Civil war was about taxation and states rights.
Niether one of us were there, but both can agree we are glad it no longer exists

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT