ADVERTISEMENT

It's not over - BK says staff is working to get a grad transfer

Bumpdaddy

ND Expert
Oct 20, 2014
In his interview with Weekday Sportsbeat, CBK said they are looking at adding 1 last player to the 2017 roster in the form of a grad transfer and they already have someone in mind. He wouldn't confirm what position they were looking at but he said it would be someone at a "skill position." My guess is he is looking at a CB.

In his interview with Weekday Sportsbeat, CBK said they are looking at adding 1 last player to the 2017 roster in the form of a grad transfer and they already have someone in mind. He wouldn't confirm what position they were looking at but he said it would be someone at a "skill position." My guess is he is looking at a CB.

I am thinking safety. In any event, a DB with a Rover type a little behind that.

Cody Riggs #2 would be nice.

Reactions: Pennick44
We got Steve T that way and it changed our whole season. An experienced guy like that can make a world of difference.

I would think a safety would make more sense than anything else, especially if we could somehow find a quality Free Safety
(though there aren't usually a lot of NFL quality Free Safeties looking to transfer)

We're fairly deep at CB for 2017, even though we lack a proven shut-down player. I don't think adding another CB from the types of players you normally get through Grad-Transfers would really help this group all that much
  1. Vaughn
  2. Watkins
  3. Crawford
  4. Love (unless he moves to safety)
  5. Pride
  6. Coleman
  7. White (unless he moves to safety)

Reactions: Bumpdaddy
I'm hoping for a grad transfer on the Dline. Someone who was stuck behind some really good Dline at their school. Maybe a DE with some SACKS!!! under his belt.

Would like to see a QB with some experience to come in as a backup.

If Winbush goes down we go from thin to anemic

Reactions: ndnd
I say get 3-4 grad transfers -- there will be attrition of some kind between now and August (always is -- academics, legal issues, simply want more playing time elsewhere)....

We don't know that. Most everyone thought that we had nobody behind Malik in 2015 after Golson flew the coop. Now "nobody" might be drafted in the first round of the NFL draft.

Only have 3 on scholarship-----and one isn't even there yet--------that defines thin .

Only have 3 on scholarship-----and one isn't even there yet--------that defines thin .

I think we technically have 4 on scholarship, since Montgomery Van Gorder was awarded a scholarship last year.

And I think that's really pretty typical

Reactions: Pennick44
I guess Hardballs doesn't need his services with his new 5 and high 4 star WR recruits!

career: 6 rec. 18 yrds (not sure how UM will move the ball on offense now!)
maybe with 2 seasons the ND staff is thinking position change?

Reactions: NDskins

Most grad transfer QB's, transfer to play. ND is thin at QB but I'd be surprised. I'm thinking corner.

Looks like the qb battle is Book vs Wimbush. Should make the spring game interesting.

Looks like the qb battle is Book vs Wimbush. Should make the spring game interesting.

I don't think it's even a competition. Wimbush is the starter at this point, though the coaches may not state that to the media until after the spring game.

Hopefully Book can develop quickly into a competent backup as only a RS Frosh, and then go from there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT