ADVERTISEMENT

It makes a ton of sense putting recruiting stars by 18 years olds......

those that keep crying that ND can never win another NC until we recruit like Alabama are frankly just plain pathetic.

ND will never recruit like Alabama. Will never happen.

ND can win NC's doing as we are as LONG as we have a very good coaching staff that is VERY GOOD at developing players.

Yes that is the harder way but it is the BETTER way.

For those MORONs that claim this is not possible -

I take Iowa as an example on a lower level of how it can be done.

Iowa almost never has a recruiting class much better than say 30 or so. Now and then they creep into the 20's but that is very rare.

They almost never get a SNIFF at a 5 star. Hardly ever a 4 star.

They concentrate on 3 stars and develope them very well. Look at the number of 3 star players that Iowa has in the NFL.

And guess what - Iowa is a steady top 20 team that every few years actually contends for the Big Ten.

So if they can do that with only 30 ranked classes what can ND do with classes that are around the TOP 10?

Finish in the top 10?....

Interesting topic, with a lot of data points on both sides.

This topic is only interesting to bias ND fans whose program can't recruit the very top tier talent anymore. There's no data points on the side that is dismissive of the prospect evaluations.

I liken the logic to an NFL GM for example, firing all of his scouts and drafting talent blindly. The NFL GM in this case is the fans on this site, and the scouts are the collective billion dollar recruiting industry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mihalko35
Blah blah blah, flip the channel over to the SEC Network. All your belly aching and statistical BS is boredom on steroids.

The fact is ND is 12-0 and one of 4 teams in the CFP. Texas A&M, LSU & Ohio State are recruiting mutants? Then why are they in the parking lot looking in?

Must be some crappy coaching and player development going on there! Not to mention it takes your argument and slides it right where the sun never shines.

Go get your Clemson pom poms out wannabe, they are your last and best hope to keep a sliver of your credibility with the few remaining sycophantic dimwits you have left in your corner.

Reactions: Pennick4
I'm confused! Lovie Smith when he got to the Bears wanted players with more speed and got rid of some of his space eaters on defense but yet the defense improved under Lovie Smith as they got smaller and ended up going to the Super Bowl????

But according to you inflated high school player weights and heights correlates to winning football teams. Then if this is the case then why isn't Chris Stewart who was 6'5 and 351lbs coming out of high school a ND legend who should have been kicking the sh*t of of other teams players from day one. Why was he not announced to today's Pro Bowl like Zach Martin? Wasn't Zach about half Chris Stewart's size and only a 3 to 4 star recruit coming out of high school?

How are the Patriot's always playing in Super Bowl's if they are always drafting near the bottom of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds every year? Were Chris Hogan and Julian Edelman 5 star recruits?

Everything must be attributed to ND's "lack" of recruiting as to why we've lost games in the past and it couldn't possibly have been poor play calling, a poorly coached defense and a sub-par strength and conditioning program under Longo.

Well since Alabama has more recruiting stars next to their names then let's not even bother showing up! I have no faith in Romeo Okwara to get by their 5 star tackles because he's only 245lbs and was a 3 to 4 star recruit.

It was a great season regardless! Let's hand Alabama the national tile the next five years without playing a game as they have the best recruiting classes.

It is size with ability. Bama, UGA and Clemson seem to have cornered the market.
If it was just size, Then Roseanne and Oprah would have been All Americans!

numerically, there will obviously be more 3&4 stars that pan out. There are usually only 25 or so 5*’.
If a single 5* flops that is 20%!

Example: if you are making 2$ an hour and you get a 1$ raise : 50% raise Wow!
Or
If you were making a 1000$ a day and got a 100$ raise: justa mere 10%; ahhh!

Blah blah blah, flip the channel over to the SEC Network. All your belly aching and statistical BS is boredom on steroids.

The fact is ND is 12-0 and one of 4 teams in the CFP. Texas A&M, LSU & Ohio State are recruiting mutants? Then why are they in the parking lot looking in?

Must be some crappy coaching and player development going on there! Not to mention it takes your argument and slides it right where the sun never shines.

Go get your Clemson pom poms out wannabe, they are your last and best hope to keep a sliver of your credibility with the few remaining sycophantic dimwits you have left in your corner.
Yeah man, A&M and LSU both got new coaches in the last 2 years because of crappy coaching/player development.

numerically, there will obviously be more 3&4 stars that pan out. There are usually only 25 or so 5*’.
If a single 5* flops that is 20%!

Example: if you are making 2$ an hour and you get a 1$ raise : 50% raise Wow!
Or
If you were making a 1000$ a day and got a 100$ raise: justa mere 10%; ahhh!
Your math isn't great but its not terrible Perse.

The "data points" on the side of "recruiting rankings don't mean anything/aren't indicators of success" are anecdotal at best and not actually dispositive of anything. This constant argument is like dealing with anti-vaccers

Sadly, the people whom you disagree with, by and large, cannot understand what you just said. They really don’t understand why they are making a statistically and logically bereft case.

Sad.

I love that you think posting is some kind of popularity contest. As if I give a shit what other people think. I've said it numerous times... Think for yourself. Make your own points and observations and participate in the discussion.

If I wanted to win a popularity contest or see how many likes I could collect, I'd simply write post after post about ND being an annual title contender. I'd start thread after thread about why Ian Book should have won the Heisman. I'd give a delusional, over the top evaluation of every one of ND's recruits and I'd start a new thread every day about ND ascending back to the top of college football... I have no interest in drowning in blue and gold Kool Aid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT