ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Over

I took a road trip recently and couldn’t believe how many towns I drove through with a team that recently beat us. Columbus, Cincinnati, Louisville, Marshall…

Also, does our new WR coach not work in the off season?

First of all Michigan as a university does have fairly high academic standards but the football program is run like any SEC team. College football is in a state of flux, it just takes a few pieces to fall in place and ND is right up there with the big boys. Have faith !
^ a g : hope you are well, God Bless, you and yours.

I took a road trip recently and couldn’t believe how many towns I drove through with a team that recently beat us. Columbus, Cincinnati, Louisville, Marshall…

Also, does our new WR coach not work in the off season?
Recruiting on offense is the ultimately responsibility of the head coach and OC. Ask Marcus Freeman and Mike Denbrock what each does in the off season.

Recruiting on offense is the ultimately responsibility of the head coach and OC. Ask Marcus Freeman and Mike Denbrock what each does in the off season.
Yeah this isn't true.

MF is involved in every recruit, offense and defense. But the position coach is crucial to landing a kid

If they aren't close to the position coach, chances of you landing a kid plummets

Yeah this isn't true.

MF is involved in every recruit, offense and defense. But the position coach is crucial to landing a kid

If they aren't close to the position coach, chances of you landing a kid plummets
You have had zero problem incessantly complaining about Brian Kelly being an unimpressive recruiter at Notre Dame. The ultimate responsibility for all recruiting in CFB is on the head coach.

If you want to blame the WR coach, wonderful. Marcus Freeman hired him.

You have had zero problem incessantly complaining about Brian Kelly being an unimpressive recruiter at Notre Dame. The ultimate responsibility for all recruiting in CFB is on the head coach.

If you want to blame the WR coach, wonderful. Marcus Freeman hired him.
Yeah recruiting has improved under MF as a whole

Individual positions I put on the coaches. If we don't get it fixed this year and next year then MF will have to do something about it

Yeah recruiting has improved under MF as a whole

Individual positions I put on the coaches. If we don't get it fixed this year and next year then MF will have to do something about it
Individual coaches are hired by Marcus Freeman.

Individual coaches are hired by Marcus Freeman.
Yeah and they have to do their job. If they don't (Stuckey) it's his job to get rid of them

If this is a problem this year (class isn't over) and next year then he will have to make a decision

Up until Michigan won it all I felt like we had a chance. We haven’t won a championship since 1988. We were irrelevant even in the late 90’s when Michigan won their last. Watching Ohio State win a few was hard to deal with, but Michigan winning it this year was the nail in the coffin.

It’s clear those schools prioritize football more than us. Michigan did it and maintains high academic standards.

The odds we win another title are ridiculously low. Ohio state is reloading. Just added Caleb Downs. We don’t get kids like that and they do yearly. In the first down year in the past two decades, we had a 2nd year coach leading us to losses against schools like Louisville, Kentucky. Last time we played Cincy we got spanked. We can’t even beat Kentucky’s low school. Our young head coach lost to Marshall. Our previous coach and OC bolted for “bigger” lateral jobs. That’s never happened.

We are barely the third best school in the Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky region and we might be 4th or 5th some years (4th this year). We will sooner than later approach half a century without a title.

While I’ll always be a fan and no school will ever replace my Irish, the older I get, the more I realize Father Time passes us by like they did Nebraska, Yale, and Oklahoma. Honestly, I think OK will win one before us. I doubt we ever win one again.

Go Lions!
The sky isn't falling. MF is moving the program in the right direction

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT