ADVERTISEMENT

IIO &NDfarley

TXND30

Future coach
Nov 10, 2011
Gentleman,

I need some advice. My nephew who has been basically a basketball player for the last 3 yrs. He played with Jordan Johnson on the same AAU team out of St Louis and they remain good friends. My nephew has excepted the fact that he is not a basketball player at the D1 or 1AA level. He has always been a good football player but it wasn’t his focus until this last year and this summer.

As of now he is 6’3 215lbs he has added 40lbs since last winter a-lot of strength and agility along with it. He plays OLB and TE/Hback. Personally I think his future in today’s offense is the “Super Back”. I am doing my best to help him with recruiting but I know we are late to the process. He plays in small town USA. The process is so different from when I went through it, the coaches had to actually call your house back then.

He is a project Guy, he is not going to come in and play right away. He still has to many basketball tendency’s on defense though they benefit him on offense. He needs minimum of 2 yrs to physically develop. With his frame he could easily be 260+ and he is a great student.

My question is how do I help him being so late to today’s recruiting? Being from such a small town with not elite competition how do you get coaches to look 2-3 yrs down the road? Not “what can you do right now?”

Thanks for the advice

If he has film of his play, he can go to HUDL and make a video of his highlights and even use a pointer or graphics to single him out put it on YouTube and or send the DVD to specific position coaches at schools he would like to play for. In other words, you got to Market yourself especially if you're an unknown.

Gentleman,

I need some advice. My nephew who has been basically a basketball player for the last 3 yrs. He played with Jordan Johnson on the same AAU team out of St Louis and they remain good friends. My nephew has excepted the fact that he is not a basketball player at the D1 or 1AA level. He has always been a good football player but it wasn’t his focus until this last year and this summer.

As of now he is 6’3 215lbs he has added 40lbs since last winter a-lot of strength and agility along with it. He plays OLB and TE/Hback. Personally I think his future in today’s offense is the “Super Back”. I am doing my best to help him with recruiting but I know we are late to the process. He plays in small town USA. The process is so different from when I went through it, the coaches had to actually call your house back then.

He is a project Guy, he is not going to come in and play right away. He still has to many basketball tendency’s on defense though they benefit him on offense. He needs minimum of 2 yrs to physically develop. With his frame he could easily be 260+ and he is a great student.

My question is how do I help him being so late to today’s recruiting? Being from such a small town with not elite competition how do you get coaches to look 2-3 yrs down the road? Not “what can you do right now?”

Thanks for the advice

Care to PM me your email? I have all kinds of recruiting connections and spent years developing kids in the game of football. I'd be happy to help in a more private format.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT