ADVERTISEMENT

If a 4-8 Head Coach

dagimpper1

ND Expert
Nov 25, 2009
In his 7th season is retained. That's proof that the wine and cheese tasters running ND have given up on fb. And do i think these people are capable of hiring a new coach (if by some chance BK is let go). Probably not.

Reactions: end_23
In his 7th season is retained. That's proof that the wine and cheese tasters running ND have given up on fb. And do i think these people are capable of hiring a new coach (if by some chance BK is let go). Probably not.
No truer words have been spoken here. Sad, but true. ND football is done because the people running it either don't care or they have no vision.

I agree that Kelly should step aside. But who is ND going to realistically going to hirer? I'm ready for a change.

First and foremost Jack Swarbrick will have to be fired, since he's already said "Kelly will be leading the team out of the tunnel in 2017". Unless, of course, he changes his mind. If not, after letting him go, Fr. Jenkins either has to either promote from within or search for another AD. Then his new AD has to begin an immediate search for the next HC. I think this guy should be given serious consideration as a worthy candidate:
http://wmubroncos.com/coaches.aspx?rc=787&path=football

Michigan State isn't firing Dantonio under the same circumstances.

ND went 10-3 last year, so Kelly gets another year to fix it. Just like MSU is doing since they went to the playoffs last year.

I think Kelly will be kept if he goes 9-4 in 2017. 8 wins or less and he may be let go.

Watch recruiting.

my particular interest is Adebo. I am watching Adebo closely, if he bolts then that is a major happening.

Last edited:

ND went 10-3 last year, so Kelly gets another year to fix it. Just like MSU is doing since they went to the playoffs last year.
Dantonio is a better coach than Kelly. In their case they're slumping but show flashes of fire. In ND's case, the only fire they have shown is dumpster.

Reactions: perseverare

Here we go another comparison of Kelly and Dantonio.

Mark Dantonio
7-6, 9-4, 6-7, 11-2, 11-3, 7-6, 13-1, 11-2, 12-2, 3-8. 4 Bowl wins and 5 losses. Won a Rose Bowl and a Cotton Bowl. His teams have finished in the top 10 4 times and in the top 25 6 times.

Brian Kelly
8-5, 8-5, 12-1, 9-4, 8-5, 10-3, 4-7. 3 Bowl wins and 3 Bowl losses. No major bowl wins. His teams have finished in the top 5 once and in the top 25 3 times.

In Dantonio's first 7 years he had 3 seasons with 10+ wins (11, 11 and 13). He had finished in the top 10 twice and had won a major bowl (Rose).

MSU's record the 5 previous years before Dantonio. 4-8, 5-6, 5-7, 8-5, 4-8
ND's record the 5 previous years before Kelly. 6-6, 7-6, 3-9, 10-3, 9-3

Hard to argue Dantonio took over a better situation.

Dantonio has earned the luxury of being excused for having a bad year, Kelly used up his "mulligan" in 2013 and 2014 when the teams under-performed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT