ADVERTISEMENT

Ian Book Top 10 in 2019 Heisman Odds

“switch Lawrence and Book and Notre Dame wins.”

I call bullshit on this, echo. Lawrence wouldn’t have been able to do much while running for his life most of the day. Lawrence had all day to throw for the most part, and when he didn’t, the results weren’t good. He also had the luxury of two circus catch tds. Don’t get me wrong, I think Lawrence is the best qb prospect in the country but when a qb has no time or wr separation, there’s only so much he can do. Playcalling left much to be desired too. Virtually no screens or boots or rollouts to counter venables’ pressure/blitzing.

Reactions: mrwigglesby21
Great QBs put up superstar numbers vs nobodies. That's what they are supposed to do.

Book was superman his first 6 starts and then came down to earth a bit. First 6 starts = produced like the best QB in the league. Next 3-4 starts were really good (just not out of this world good) then he struggled vs Clemson but so did Tua.

My belief is if someone can flash that kind of potential/skill that means the skills exist. Now it's just a matter of becoming more consistent and hopefully getting some more help/some higher end players on offense to really help take his game to the next level.
I agree.

If Trent Dilfer can win a superbowl, Ian Book can win a National Title. Ian Book needed better play calling, better OL performance, and more WR separation. I also continue to put forth that not having arm strength and WR speed allows the CB, S, and D.Coord to be very very aggressive and that hurt our biggest weapon - Dexter.

Ian put all that up vs nobodies.

Good QB. Not a strong enough arm to force a defense to be honest.

With Dex gone, ND has zero gamebreakers on offense. Defenses can stack the box, play man, and bring pressure. Nothing on our offense scares an elite defense, nothing.

I would like to know Ian's hand size. We will find out at combine. Bet their on the smaller size and thus the comfort level and ability to grip and rip, just isn't there. Doug Flutie had large hands for his size therefore he could do more with the ball.

I realize it's a different sport, but Phil Jackson said one of the biggest differences between Jordan and Kobe was hand size. Jordan could palm a ball in a way that not even Shaq could, and benefited tremendously from it.

Arm strength and hand size are holding him back.
Maybe you can recruit a nurse to play QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT