ADVERTISEMENT

Ian Book 5th year prospects

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
I don't think Ian book is much of an NFL prospect which means a 5th year might be a realistic possibility. I know people want more upside at the QB position but Ian book is an excellent under appreciated ultra efficient quarterback that can lead a playoff/nc caliber roster.

Just curious what the board thinks of an Ian book return in 2020. Both on how realistic of a possibility it is and whether or not you even want him to return next season for a 5th year?

I don't think Ian book is much of an NFL prospect which means a 5th year might be a realistic possibility. I know people want more upside at the QB position but Ian book is an excellent under appreciated ultra efficient quarterback that can lead a playoff/nc caliber roster.

Just curious what the board thinks of an Ian book return in 2020. Both on how realistic of a possibility it is and whether or not you even want him to return next season for a 5th year?
Its realistic.

Not sure

Just curious what the board thinks of an Ian book return in 2020. Both on how realistic of a possibility it is and whether or not you even want him to return next season for a 5th year.
Most likely he returns ....NFL requires ability to throw deep.

Reactions: mirer03
I worry what Phil and Brandon will do if Book comes back. It's so hard, or next to impossible to keep all of you QB's happy.

Reactions: cgaynor
I worry what Phil and Brandon will do if Book comes back. It's so hard, or next to impossible to keep all of you QB's happy.
I think they’ll sit, improve and wait their turn. They should both get plenty of reps. If they can’t be Book out, then they shouldn’t be upset. They both have plenty of eligibility.

Reactions: IrishMike409
I can’t think of a reason he will not be the ND starting QB next year, short of injury. Nor can I think of a reason why any ND fan would not want him back year.

I can’t think of a reason he will not be the ND starting QB next year, short of injury. Nor can I think of a reason why any ND fan would not want him back year.

I have no problem if he comes back but I want a quarterback who can stretch the field better than Book does now. If he fixes that piece, then he should start but if not, give Phil or another QB a shot.

I have no problem if he comes back but I want a quarterback who can stretch the field better than Book does now. If he fixes that piece, then he should start but if not, give Phil or another QB a shot.

I don’t understand that logic. Do you think Phil should start next week against Michigan?

I don’t understand that logic. Do you think Phil should start next week against Michigan?

I'm saying Book has things he can improve on if he comes back next year and I hope he worked on them on their off week. If Phil is the better QB, then he should play but like you I'm just a poster not the coach who makes the decisions.

He will be back, where else is he going to go? And Of course ND will want him back.. he has the arm to stretch the field, just doesn’t see the field very well, doesn’t go through his progressions and doesn’t feel the pocket very well. Makes some crucial plays on his feet but his inability/unwillingness to not panic and make big throws isn’t enough to beat the elite.

He will be back, where else is he going to go? And Of course ND will want him back.. he has the arm to stretch the field, just doesn’t see the field very well, doesn’t go through his progressions and doesn’t feel the pocket very well. Makes some crucial plays on his feet but his inability/unwillingness to not panic and make big throws isn’t enough to beat the elite.
He doesnt have a strong arm

Already did a thread on this.

Please lord no.... Move along.

We've got to get better QB play and there's no way to know if Phil is all that and a bag of chips on the sideline.

The problem here is Kelly waited 1 year too late to sit Wimbush and play Book. That messed the whole cycle up.

I guarantee you Phil thought he would be the number 1 backup this year behind Wimbush and take the reins next year.

Phil was way too good in Western PA high school football to be sitting one more entire year. He needs a chance to stretch those legs and arm out.

Why couldn’t he? Illinois just did it with a far weaker supporting cast.
Hilarious...

The same old shit.

The know it all's that really know all of nothing.

Damn near the entire board said I was crazy for telling y'all Book would start by week 3.
Some responses were there's a reason he's the backup. Kelly knows best and is playing Wimbush for a reason. Blah blah blah.

The amnesia here is so funny.

Now it's like WTF would we do without Book.

R
I
D
I
C
U
L
O
U
S

Hilarious...

The same old shit.

The know it all's that really know all of nothing.

Damn near the entire board said I was crazy for telling y'all Book would start by week 3.
Some responses were there's a reason he's the backup. Kelly knows best and is playing Wimbush for a reason. Blah blah blah.

The amnesia here is so funny.

Now it's like WTF would we do without Book.

R
I
D
I
C
U
L
O
U
S
Ouch!

Kizer captained a 4-8 team....
BK coached the 4-8 team.

38 drop backs for passing in a hurricane.

Ripping the face off a center for muffing a snap while standing in water over his ankles.

C
L
A
S
S
I
C

1 continuity at the position is only an upside.
2. This staff has shown their gonna play the guys who give them the best chance to win.

I think they’ll sit, improve and wait their turn. They should both get plenty of reps. If they can’t be Book out, then they shouldn’t be upset. They both have plenty of eligibility.

Its likely at least one transfers.

Kelly coached a 4-8 team! still blaming the 20 yr old!!
I don’t want to blow this out, but do you really think Kizer is a leader? I supported Kizer and still would, but looking back, he was overrated. Just didn't have “it”. Book does.

I don’t want to blow this out, but do you really think Kizer is a leader? I supported Kizer and still would, but looking back, he was overrated. Just didn't have “it”. Book does.
I like book, but if we were picking teams and the two options you had to pick from were kizer and book youd be nuts to take book.

Both were accurate, both could run, one can hit a deep ball consistently.

I like book, but if we were picking teams and the two options you had to pick from were kizer and book youd be nuts to take book.

Definitely would take Kizer

Good post, and I agree w a lot of what you said. However, I would take Book.

Just seems like Book makes plays when we really need them. When the chips are down, I trust Book.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT