ADVERTISEMENT

I wouldn't mind the sideline dancing if

Hire somebody that has all the best qualities of Rockne, Leahy, Parseghian, and Holtz with a love for ND that eclipses that of Jerry Faust, and I'll be happier than Winnie the Pooh in a cave full of honey. I got so mad after that coach opted for a field goal over going for a first down or TD in that situation. The only time our defense stopped Navy and they screwed up again. I had no doubt Navy would run out the clock. It doesn't matter if you lose that game by one or four points. If you fail to pick up the first down, you at least have them pinned deep in the territory. TRY TO WIN THE GAME COACH!!! I turned off the darn game and went to take 2 Bayer Extra Strength for my splitting headache. I really don't care who they hire as long as that thing gets the ax. How do you place the game in the hands of a defense that hasn't stopped their defense all day? I still can't see straight Bodi!

Reactions: Bodizephax
Hire somebody that has all the best qualities of Rockne, Leahy, Parseghian, and Holtz with a love for ND that eclipses that of Jerry Faust, and I'll be happier than Winnie the Pooh in a cave full of honey. I got so mad after that coach opted for a field goal over going for a first down or TD in that situation. The only time our defense stopped Navy and they screwed up again. I had no doubt Navy would run out the clock. It doesn't matter if you lose that game by one or four points. If you fail to pick up the first down, you at least have them pinned deep in the territory. TRY TO WIN THE GAME COACH!!! I turned off the darn game and went to take 2 Bayer Extra Strength for my splitting headache. I really don't care who they hire as long as that thing gets the ax. How do you place the game in the hands of a defense that hasn't stopped their defense all day? I still can't see straight Bodi!
you are way too dependent on logic. Start emoting and enjoy the ride.

Reactions: Ara64
Unfortunately I'm way too mad for my own good right now. What I saw yesterday was worse than Jerry Faust or Tyrone Willingham laughing on the sidelines while their team was getting humiliated on the field. He chose defeat over possible victory.

Exactly Ara. I know you've given Kelly the benefit of doubt more than most of us, but yesterday's decision to go for the FG was just the latest in a season of really inexplicable in game decisions. In fact that series stunk as Kelly should have made the decision that we were in four down territory at the onset and called plays accordingly. Giving the ball while behind with five minutes left to a team that had consumed nine minutes in one drive in the third qtr was beyond nuts. The players and fans deserve better!

Exactly Ara. I know you've given Kelly the benefit of doubt more than most of us, but yesterday's decision to go for the FG was just the latest in a season of really inexplicable in game decisions. In fact that series stunk as Kelly should have made the decision that we were in four down territory at the onset and called plays accordingly. Giving the ball while behind with five minutes left to a team that had consumed nine minutes in one drive in the third qtr was beyond nuts. The players and fans deserve better!
it just seems like the sheer pattern and numbers of "Tulsa Moments" that we get from Kelly indicates that he truly believes that he can reinvent the wheel or make a better mouse trap. When maybe two out of ten of these bonehead decisions works...he seems to double down...damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT