ADVERTISEMENT

I like Dabo but man I am losing respect for him

Dabo is a 1st class jerk
balltouch.0.gif

You know him personally?
What if ND loses? Then the retest clears DL but, CU beats ND w/o their best player?
How about that?

At the end of the day...3 players got caught with a banned substance in their system that is not available in any legal products in the United States. That means they are deemed ineligible. Whether it was intentional or not is irrelevant.

It’s a substance that should not be available in legal substances, but you have a lot to learn about the unregulated supplement industry if you think protein powders and other weightlifting supplements are not tainted. A notable bodybuilder’s brand name Protein powder he was marketing (Lee Librada?) got busted a couple years ago because the company was including testosterone in the protein powder - bodybuilders were raving about the results while using the stuff for a reason. John Jones tested positive for a banned substance after using over-the-counter erection pills. These kids probably tried a supplement that had that crap in it. At least one supplement currently on the market uses a Lilly bulb extract that causes positive tests for amphetamines due to the similar chemical composition. It’s the Wild West in your local GNC.

But, I bet it’s a lot more fun to accuse some kid you’ve never met of being a cheater.

Reactions: d1042
I guess anyone that tests positive is innocent then? I have no idea if this guy intentionally took PEDs, but to call him an innocent bystander is just as wrong as calling him a cheater. None of us know jack about the truth.

Reactions: Leahylads
I guess anyone that tests positive is innocent then? I have no idea if this guy intentionally took PEDs, but to call him an innocent bystander is just as wrong as calling him a cheater. None of us know jack about the truth.

I agree with none of us knowing jack about the truth. I disagree that a mentality of innocent until proven guilty is the wrong starting point - why is giving him the benefit of the doubt the same as calling somebody a cheat?

Ultimately it doesn’t matter. A PED is either positive or negative, it doesn’t consider why.

Because he’s tested positive. That’s not made up. It’s in his system. I believe him that he doesn’t know how it happened but to think that all these guys are oblivious is a bit gullible, imo. What should you say if you got caught w/ PEDs in your system, that you did it? Of course not.

Because he’s tested positive. That’s not made up. It’s in his system. I believe him that he doesn’t know how it happened but to think that all these guys are oblivious is a bit gullible, imo. What should you say if you got caught w/ PEDs in your system, that you did it? Of course not.

A ped test is a yes or a no, not a why. Given that he has never - to our knowledge - tested positive before, and (as you acknowledge) you “don’t know jack,” assume whatever you want. It’s an assumption, and you know what those do.

Reactions: d1042
From ESPN:

“The substance, ostarine, is not approved by the FDA and is not legally for sale in the United States. There have been instances, however, of the drug being used in supplements without being included on the label.“

It’s like I knew.

“A ped test is a yes or a no, not a why. Given that he has never - to our knowledge - tested positive before, and (as you acknowledge) you “don’t know jack,” assume whatever you want. It’s an assumption, and you know what those do.”

I still have no clue what your point is. You came sprinting in to defend the guy as if you know that he’s innocent. His test proves he took an illegal substance, but you’re pretty certain that he did it unknowingly w/ your comment about how it must be great to accuse a kid that they don’t know. So the people that are accusing him of wrongdoing are a-holes but the people that are defending him when the test is positive are good, righteous people cuz they’re siding w/ the idea that he did it unintentionally? He may very well have taken it unknowingly but to rag on people that think he knew is assuming he’s innocent & you don’t know jack either, neither do they, all they can go on is the positive test. Do you think all the players that test positive did it unknowingly or is it just a feeling you have w/ this particular guy?

^ there must be a scientific measure or way to determine or differentiate an intentional introduction of a substance from a trace ingrediant ingestion. Heck, there are foods on the shelf at the supermarket that contain stuff most are unaware of.

In general, any occurance, the question should be, is it at a level where it constitutes an influence on performance. If the answer is-no, then why suspend a player?

It’s a substance that should not be available in legal substances, but you have a lot to learn about the unregulated supplement industry if you think protein powders and other weightlifting supplements are not tainted. A notable bodybuilder’s brand name Protein powder he was marketing (Lee Librada?) got busted a couple years ago because the company was including testosterone in the protein powder - bodybuilders were raving about the results while using the stuff for a reason. John Jones tested positive for a banned substance after using over-the-counter erection pills. These kids probably tried a supplement that had that crap in it. At least one supplement currently on the market uses a Lilly bulb extract that causes positive tests for amphetamines due to the similar chemical composition. It’s the Wild West in your local GNC.

But, I bet it’s a lot more fun to accuse some kid you’ve never met of being a cheater.

I'm not accusing him of being a cheater. The positive test is.

Stop making ridiculous excuses. All these bowls games and all these tests and all these kids taking all these supplements and you're so freaking naive that you think it's just bad luck that just 3 kids out of 20 on the same team get pinched for the same illegal drug at the same time.

You have a lot to learn about not being an easy mark.

Reactions: NIN Irish
I'm not accusing him of being a cheater. The positive test is.

Stop making ridiculous excuses. All these bowls games and all these tests and all these kids taking all these supplements and you're so freaking naive that you think it's just bad luck that just 3 kids out of 20 on the same team get pinched for the same illegal drug at the same time.

You have a lot to learn about not being an easy mark.

Only an internet warrior like you worries about being a mark.

“A ped test is a yes or a no, not a why. Given that he has never - to our knowledge - tested positive before, and (as you acknowledge) you “don’t know jack,” assume whatever you want. It’s an assumption, and you know what those do.”

I still have no clue what your point is. You came sprinting in to defend the guy as if you know that he’s innocent. His test proves he took an illegal substance, but you’re pretty certain that he did it unknowingly w/ your comment about how it must be great to accuse a kid that they don’t know. So the people that are accusing him of wrongdoing are a-holes but the people that are defending him when the test is positive are good, righteous people cuz they’re siding w/ the idea that he did it unintentionally? He may very well have taken it unknowingly but to rag on people that think he knew is assuming he’s innocent & you don’t know jack either, neither do they, all they can go on is the positive test. Do you think all the players that test positive did it unknowingly or is it just a feeling you have w/ this particular guy?

I’m not defending him, I’m pointing out that you- and most of the lame brains on here, have an unhealthy fascination with young men, and a poor command of the facts.

I don’t know what he did, but I’m not hot to trot throwing stones at some kid.

“I’m not defending him, I’m pointing out that you- and most of the lame brains on here, have an unhealthy fascination with young men, and a poor command of the facts.

I don’t know what he did, but I’m not hot to trot throwing stones at some kid.”

“Unhealthy fascination with young men”?

You are a strange one, indeed.

Ftr, I said that it’s believable that he didn’t know what he was taking. You dismissed the fact that he tested positive though and ragged on anyone that called him a cheater. What kind of command of the facts has someone calling someone innocent when they’ve tested ‘guilty’? And you’re calling me a lame brain? Go f yourself, weirdo.

“I’m not defending him, I’m pointing out that you- and most of the lame brains on here, have an unhealthy fascination with young men, and a poor command of the facts.

I don’t know what he did, but I’m not hot to trot throwing stones at some kid.”

“Unhealthy fascination with young men”?

You are a strange one, indeed.

Ftr, I said that it’s believable that he didn’t know what he was taking. You dismissed the fact that he tested positive though and ragged on anyone that called him a cheater. What kind of command of the facts has someone calling someone innocent when they’ve tested ‘guilty’? And you’re calling me a lame brain? Go f yourself, weirdo.

Your momma.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT