ADVERTISEMENT

I like Dabo but man I am losing respect for him

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
He is saying ostarine can come from “anything”. What??? No, it doesn’t!

The following is from the US anti doping website:

There are in fact products that contain ostarine, but only illegal ones. Given that ostarine is not approved for human use or consumption in the U.S., or in any other country, there are no legal medications that contain ostarine. ... For example, ostarine may also be called enobosarm, MK-2866, or GTx-024.

No way in the world coaches did not know. Player are regularly drug tested.

Clemson is now known as juice city

Dabo said he and the players are shocked with the results.

The only shock is you got caught. The only shock is the players didn’t know how to space the use before the drug test

Reactions: Leahylads

There are in fact products that contain ostarine, but only illegal ones. Given that ostarine is not approved for human use or consumption in the U.S., or in any other country, there are no legal medications that contain ostarine. ... For example, ostarine may also be called enobosarm, MK-2866, or GTx-024.

Dabo is class. Relax

Dabo is class. Relax

Dabo is great!

Performance enhancing drugs are a billion dollar industry across every competitive sport (amateur or professional). If there is money to be made or a competition to win, there will be those that are willing to take whatever help they can get in order to reach the top. Some will choose not to. That's their choice.

Swinney probably is shocked that his kids got caught. Head coaches don't have the time, nor the expertise to understand all the doings of their strength staff. Nor do they have the ability to telepathically know what their players are doing when they are at home.

Keep in mind that many of these kids have the dream of making the NFL and the millions of dollars that come along with it, to help them set their families up for the rest of their lives. Many of them are willing to do what some think is morally wrong, and against the rules of "fairplay" to get there. I highly doubt Dabo signed off on anyone giving his kids a performance enhancer... But he's probably guilty, as is almost any head coach, of telling his strength staff to get the Clemson kids as big, fast, and competitive as possible... Then he turns his attention back to program management, game planning, recruiting etc, etc. While ignorance isn't an excuse, in that world it is an unfortunate reality.

Dabo is not showing greatness right now.

Ostarine is NOT found in everything. He said it could be found in hair products? What? Stop Dabo, you know better. Ostarine is found only in illegal black market products.
He should not say lies to cover his players butts.

Be honest and let the test tell the truth.

How much do you want to bet the star player plays anyways because his sample was "tainted" or finding is delayed until after the playoffs. Clemson cheats just like the $EC.

Reactions: NIN Irish
Dabo is not showing greatness right now.

Ostarine is NOT found in everything. He said it could be found in hair products? What? Stop Dabo, you know better. Ostarine is found only in illegal black market products.
He should not say lies to cover his players butts.

Be honest and let the test tell the truth.

Dabo was spinning it just like he was told to do by his boss, while Clemson lawyers up over the next few days and prepares to fight this any way they can. They'll tell him to focus on the game and the AD and his army of lawyers will take it from there.

Reactions: theskibro

Thats just a silly statement. A 340 lbser went off script trying to recover between conference title game and the bowl and took a chance with a supplement that wasnt approved vs a team approved supplement. That doesnt say anything about the team, it says the kid was a moron and should be punished. If it was institutional a lot more than one starter would have been implicated.

Dabo was spinning it just like he was told to do by his boss, while Clemson lawyers up over the next few days and prepares to fight this any way they can. They'll tell him to focus on the game and the AD and his army of lawyers will take it from there.
Wrong!

No one told him what to say. Dabo says what he wants. You simply say we are waiting on test B. Until then no decision will be made. No need to say anything about the drug in question. No need to lie about how the players could have failed the test. Not when the truth is a google away.

Wrong!

No one told him what to say. Dabo says what he wants. You simply say we are waiting on test B. Until then no decision will be made. No need to say anything about the drug in question. No need to lie about how the players could have failed the test. Not when the truth is a google away.

Come on man, you don't think that he was briefed by his athletic department and their lawyers on what to say and what not to say before the press conference? He noted that they've known about it for multiple days.

This billion dollar business. You think Clemson just lets Dabo say what he wants to say when it can effect the school and the program, while he's a highly paid employee?

I'm not saying they fed him a script. I'm saying they likely, strongly encouraged him to start the narrative that the drugs may have entered their systems in "innocent" ways, because that is likely going to be the sob story that they push over the coming weeks, until this story goes away.... Companies spin to avoid shame. Especially if has a chance of hurting their brand and / or costing them money. It's what they do.

Reactions: notredamerises23
I wonder what state the injunction would be filed in. South Carolina? The state where the drug testing was performed? Or in Texas? Did the defendants would be the NCAA.?

I will also add that there are so many "borderline" supplements out there today that it's entirely possible that they were taking something sketchy, but not banned, and that the Ostarine was cut into it. Supplement tampering / supplement dosing is becoming increasingly common. Not trying to give anyone an excuse or an out, but it's crazy how much that market has blown up and how many guys get busted at all levels of sport for taking something somebody told them (and sometimes even believed) was ok, when it's not.

Come on man, you don't think that he was briefed by his athletic department and their lawyers on what to say and what not to say before the press conference? He noted that they've known about it for multiple days.

This billion dollar business. You think Clemson just lets Dabo say what he wants to say when it can effect the school and the program, while he's a highly paid employee?

I'm not saying they fed him a script. I'm saying they likely, strongly encouraged him to start the narrative that the drugs may have entered their systems in "innocent" ways, because that is likely going to be the sob story that they push over the coming weeks, until this story goes away.... Companies spin to avoid shame. Especially if has a chance of hurting their brand and / or costing them money. It's what they do.
No one told him to define how the drug “could have” gotten in the bodies of the players.

The company line is as follows “we are waiting for the B sample to come back”. No one told him say hair products or protein.

This is Dabo the salesman trying to sell us on the innocence of the players.

Did he get advice? Of course he did, why wouldn’t he? Did he lie on his own accord? Yes, of course he did. He definitely does not have a no tolerance rule.

I will also add that there are so many "borderline" supplements out there today that it's entirely possible that they were taking something sketchy, but not banned, and that the Ostarine was cut into it. Supplement tampering / supplement dosing is becoming increasingly common. Not trying to give anyone an excuse or an out, but it's crazy how much that market has blown up and how many guys get busted at all levels of sport for taking something somebody told them (and sometimes even believed) was ok, when it's not.
Come on!

This substance is not used to cut anything.

Just stop Dabo fan guy, just stop.

The players cheated got caught now the have to face the punishment.

You can say all you want everyone is doing it.

You can say all you want Dabo is great.

You can make every excuse on how but bottom line, they failed the test.

No one told him to define how the drug “could have” gotten in the bodies of the players.

The company line is as follows “we are waiting for the B sample to come back”. No one told him say hair products or protein.

This is Dabo the salesman trying to sell us on the innocence of the players.

Did he get advice? Of course he did, why wouldn’t he? Did he lie on his own accord? Yes, of course he did. He definitely does not have a no tolerance rule.

He is the representative of a corporation… Nothing more, nothing less. He may be in complete denial, or lying through his teeth. Regardless, he is briefed on what to say and not to say via the Clemson legal team.

I'm not defending Dabo. My point is that he is one cog in a "spin machine" that starts much higher up than himself.

Come on!

In all likelihood if they appeal it won't be heard before Saturday so look for them to be playing against ND.

Come on!

Nobody is defending the players, Dabo, Clemson, or anybody... I'm just presenting the big picture. They're not going to play man, nor should they. Relax.

Nobody is defending the players, Dabo, Clemson, or anybody... I'm just presenting the big picture. They're not going to play man, nor should they. Relax.
So you post for the past hour on the same subject but tell you are not defending and then tell me to relax?

Umm, what?

I say I am losing respect for Dabo you say “Dabo is great” he was coached on what to say.

I say failed drug test equals suspension, you say “everyone is doing it”.

Great people do not compromise their integrity.

I say I am losing respect for Dabo you say “Dabo is great” he was coached on what to say.

I say failed drug test equals suspension, you say “everyone is doing it”.

Great people do not compromise their integrity.

No... I'm saying "suspend them" and "a lot of people are doing it". Two things can be true at the same time, contrary to some, who are fanatical to the extreme that everything is either "black or white"...

Did you really not know this was happening? Guys get caught in sports all the time. My point is... Sure, suspend them. But don't act surprised and get all holier than thou.

It's a break for ND. Lawrence is excellent. One less monster inside for Sam Mustipher to have to deal with. The other two kids are non factors this year.

Dabo is great!

Performance enhancing drugs are a billion dollar industry across every competitive sport (amateur or professional). If there is money to be made or a competition to win, there will be those that are willing to take whatever help they can get in order to reach the top. Some will choose not to. That's their choice.

Swinney probably is shocked that his kids got caught. Head coaches don't have the time, nor the expertise to understand all the doings of their strength staff. Nor do they have the ability to telepathically know what their players are doing when they are at home.

Keep in mind that many of these kids have the dream of making the NFL and the millions of dollars that come along with it, to help them set their families up for the rest of their lives. Many of them are willing to do what some think is morally wrong, and against the rules of "fairplay" to get there. I highly doubt Dabo signed off on anyone giving his kids a performance enhancer... But he's probably guilty, as is almost any head coach, of telling his strength staff to get the Clemson kids as big, fast, and competitive as possible... Then he turns his attention back to program management, game planning, recruiting etc, etc. While ignorance isn't an excuse, in that world it is an unfortunate reality.

Performing enhancing drugs with oral delivery mechanisms - like this one - have been known to find their way into unregulated food and training supplements as well. More than One protein powder company has been busted for sneaking steroids in. Given the quantity and the single occurrence.....

Performing enhancing drugs with oral delivery mechanisms - like this one - have been known to find their way into unregulated food and training supplements as well. More than One protein powder company has been busted for sneaking steroids in. Given the quantity and the single occurrence.....
Yeah... They were in my oatmeal this am
Are you saying this was a mistake?

They’re not playing so let’s not speculate. Personally I rather beat them at full strength so naysayers can’t say it would have been different if Lawrence played. Without Lawrence I’m moving our margin of victory up to 6 30-24. Anyone know if the spread has moved on this news?

Reactions: NDIRISH53
No... I'm saying "suspend them" and "a lot of people are doing it". Two things can be true at the same time, contrary to some, who are fanatical to the extreme that everything is either "black or white"...

Did you really not know this was happening? Guys get caught in sports all the time. My point is... Sure, suspend them. But don't act surprised and get all holier than thou.

It's a break for ND. Lawrence is excellent. One less monster inside for Sam Mustipher to have to deal with. The other two kids are non factors this year.
Your saying suspend but the great Dabo is giving excuses.

Are players juicing up all the time? Some not all.

The biggest thing is they got caught this rarely happens. Especially days before the biggest game they have played this season.

Your a Dabo fan boy. You even posted a video of Clemson arriving in Texas. Then go onto say mushy stuff about the Clemson players and Dabo. Who in the world is going to post the opponents arriving at the airport and say such good things?

Only a fanboy does that.

No doubt your a ND fan.

But you don’t like Kelly and want him to fail so you can be proven right.

You thought Book would fail and you are still waiting to say I told you so

They’re not playing so let’s not speculate. Personally I rather beat them at full strength so naysayers can’t say it would have been different if Lawrence played. Without Lawrence I’m moving our margin of victory up to 6 30-24. Anyone know if the spread has moved on this news?
Exactly my thought. “Lucky Notre Dame, they only beat the because dexter Lawrence wasn’t playing!”

My sons a bodybuilder. He said it comes from something called SARMS

Why does this stuff come up before big games? do opposing staffs hold this info for future use?
It seems every post season is about this stuff andit really negates the regular season.
Do over! Every team must play 12 more games!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT