ADVERTISEMENT

I had no problem watching every other top 10 team....

Harpo Marxist

I've posted how many times?
Sep 11, 2002
they are all on the networks....Notre Dame? LOL. This had better get fixed. ND is screwing the pooch by allowing this elitist extortion. You want fants to support this team? I can watch Nebraska or MSU.....but not ND? Ridiculous.

they are all on the networks....Notre Dame? LOL. This had better get fixed. ND is screwing the pooch by allowing this elitist extortion. You want fants to support this team? I can watch Nebraska or MSU.....but not ND? Ridiculous.
and the peacock stream was horrible, constantly freezing, it was painful watching the game. I know it's not my Internet because I have youtubeTV as my primary TV and no issues with it.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
I tend to agree. What made ND a national brand with fans from all over was their accessibility/exposure. Having games on Peacock (and I have Peacock) takes away from that and quite frankly, does seem like NBC is using ND as a money grab.

Peacocks streaming has not gotten any better since it came out either. Always has been glitchy.

I tend to agree. What made ND a national brand with fans from all over was their accessibility/exposure. Having games on Peacock (and I have Peacock) takes away from that and quite frankly, does seem like NBC is using ND as a money grab.

Peacocks streaming has not gotten any better since it came out either. Always has been glitchy.
Jack is Weak the new guy? Might be set up to disk n stuck with a peacock crapping all over

That's incorrect, because #8 Washington @ Michigan State is also only on Peacock. There's a Big Ten game every week on it.

I spent a small fortune on USC tickets. Would have thought that Notre Dame would at least throw me a crumb with the Central Michigan game. I guess I paid my tuition. Won't happen again.

Didn't they broadcast one game last year exclusively on Peacock as well? I'm wondering if it is just an effort to direct the audience in that direction because streaming is the future.

I was thinking the same thing today.
NBC is becoming an embarrassment across the board

Didn't they broadcast one game last year exclusively on Peacock as well? I'm wondering if it is just an effort to direct the audience in that direction because streaming is the future.

Streaming better get their act together. It was originally a cheaper alternative to cable. $70/mon for HULU Live is a complete rip off and they’re going to start losing customers. I know as soon as the season is over, I’m canceling

UNLV. And then that game wasn’t available in March when I wanted to rewatch it after paying for the spring game.

CBS = SEC
ABC= ESPN
FOX....I'm not sure
NBC= GET LOST

I seen Pitt vs Syracuse last weekend on CW.....a smaller brand but it's terrestrial so if they go all in on ND just maybe....... that's if ND doesn't want to remain on terrestrial television and then just sales out to Amazon or something of that ilk I'm not sure where the future is

Last edited:
Streaming better get their act together. It was originally a cheaper alternative to cable. $70/mon for HULU Live is a complete rip off and they’re going to start losing customers. I know as soon as the season is over, I’m canceling
Yes Louisville

Agreed !

That’s why I advocate for boycotting Peacock !

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
I didn’t have even one glitch. I do use Xfinity and they are aligned with NBC.

Unfortunately NBC is not really where to put your bet. ND should sign with ESPN for some whopper of a deal. You would get them to start pushing ND for championships and Heisman. NBC treats ND just like they would some curling contest.

Georgia. OSU, Tenn, LSU, Mich....all the big boys can be seen on TV. But not ND. Me and my pocketbook won't forget this.

Georgia. OSU, Tenn, LSU, Mich....all the big boys can be seen on TV. But not ND. Me and my pocketbook won't forget this.
Harpo,

Please don’t take this as an insult but Peacock is $4.99 a month. I got it to watch the games as I have two kids in travel sports and a lot of fall Saturday’s at ball fields and VB courts.

You can watch the one game that isn’t broadcast and cancel it, five bucks to watch a single game is worth it to me. I like that I can watch all the home games via stream though, for the reasons mentioned above.

After the season I’ll cancel it u til next year. In the end I’ll spend $15 bucks for the three months. I spend that much taking my kids for ice cream.

Reactions: echowaker
Harpo,

Please don’t take this as an insult but Peacock is $4.99 a month. I got it to watch the games as I have two kids in travel sports and a lot of fall Saturday’s at ball fields and VB courts.

You can watch the one game that isn’t broadcast and cancel it, five bucks to watch a single game is worth it to me. I like that I can watch all the home games via stream though, for the reasons mentioned above.

After the season I’ll cancel it u til next year. In the end I’ll spend $15 bucks for the three months. I spend that much taking my kids for ice cream.
Its the principle of the thing. ND was the only high profile team not on network TV. There is a monetary explanation for that....and it isn't $4.99. ND should get the same deal everybody else gets.

All those other teams are part of conferences that have broadcast deals with the networks. ND has a deal with NBC which owns Peacock . The game was easily available to view if one chose to view it.

All those other teams are part of conferences that have broadcast deals with the networks. ND has a deal with NBC which owns Peacock . The game was easily available to view if one chos to view it.
I'm not dying on this hill, Echo.....just gets in my crawl. I spend $$ on the Irish....so i think I've paid for an opinion. Thats about it

I'm not dying on this hill, Echo.....just gets in my crawl. I spend $$ on the Irish....so i think I've paid for an opinion. Thats about it
No problem, I get it. No different than anything else. I'm going next Saturday and it ain't gonna be cheap with the accommodations we've secured. Thankfully we have a ticket connection. It's all a choice.

and the peacock stream was horrible, constantly freezing, it was painful watching the game. I know it's not my Internet because I have youtubeTV as my primary TV and no issues with it.
It was seriously GARBAGE. I stream tons of stuff, concerts, sports, youtubetv, all are perfect. That was difficult to watch.

All those other teams are part of conferences that have broadcast deals with the networks. ND has a deal with NBC which owns Peacock . The game was easily available to view if one chose to view it.
I believe the point they are trying to convey is, Notre Dame has a national footprint. It built its footprint in the early days by traveling east and west to play Army, USC, etc. With television, it's the same concept. Sure it's easy for most of us to pay $5/month for a service, but what about those families throughout the country that can't? What about that 10 year old kid that loves watching Notre Dame on Saturdays, and couldn't this Saturday because his family can't afford cable, let alone Peacock?
I can tell you, as a child growing up, my parents wouldn't have paid the subscription. We didn't get cable TV until I was in High School.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
I didn’t have even one glitch. I do use Xfinity and they are aligned with NBC.

Unfortunately NBC is not really where to put your bet. ND should sign with ESPN for some whopper of a deal. You would get them to start pushing ND for championships and Heisman. NBC treats ND just like they would some curling contest.

I also use Xfinity and get Peacock as part of that. But I had glitches.

FWIW I also disagree with making TV, especially sports, so expensive.

It's a nickel and dime culture. Soccer, my favorite sport actually, is doing the same thing, even worse. Some national team games I need to temporarily subscribe to Fubo, which can be $90/month.

Yet fans keep coming and paying. So many college football even travel and tailgate to root for schools they never even attended. Paying $$$...yet we have distribution of income problems in the USA, that living wage thing!

😀

Sorry for the rant, too much time this morning.

😀

To heck with it. Its becoming clear that a small congruent will horde what was once a simple pleasure, and then sell it regardless of quality hunger game style. There are places where local teams can't be seen by local communities for free That is astounding to me
Thank God there are a group of people out there that will not stand for this and allow you to get these games for free. I'm glad they haven't figured out how to keep you from listening to it AM radio
Big money has destroyed everything it touches it wasn't going to take long before it touch college football I imagine not so long from now it will poison high-school sports aswell.
I tip my hat to the pirates out there who are on the sport fans side

Bleh I just had a problem with the NBC Saturday night game was Purdue Syracuse.

Actually not a bad idea but NBC and Big10 better get with it if that's the best product they can get in the evening slot.

I think it's silly that ND - OSU doesn't qualify for the big 10 night slot since ND is the home team. I think they should be able to provision a top matchup when ND is the home team against a highly ranked big 10 ten team.

I couldn't get it on U Tube. Said it wasn't available in my area[Southern Indiana]. So I had to sit through those awful refs listening to it on radio.

Its the principle of the thing. ND was the only high profile team not on network TV. There is a monetary explanation for that....and it isn't $4.99. ND should get the same deal everybody else gets.
Washington is above us and was on Peacock. Texas was on the Longhorn network, who has that? Not me. Want Michigan on the big 10 network? That's not very popular around the country

Reactions: deadirishpoet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT