ADVERTISEMENT

How many years have to pass before a player is considered a bust in the NFL?

jtefel1

All Star
Mar 19, 2009
I would say 3 or 4 years, maybe a bit longer in some cases, right?

Welp, Mike Farrell thinks players are busts after 1 year.

"Last year I picked five players projected to go in round one of the 2016 NFL Draft who I thought would be flops. Of the five, four were actually drafted in round one, while the last went in round two. Here are the results..

1. DB Vernon Hargreaves III – Hargreaves was drafted No. 11 overall by Tampa Bay, and while Bucs and Gators fans saw him play quite a bit, he didn’t play that well. He led the league in targets, receptions given up and yardage given up and tied for sixth with six touchdowns scored against. That’s not just among rookies but every corner in the league. No other cornerback allowed more than 1,000 yards receiving. The playing time was impressive, but the play was not.

2. OT Ronnie Stanley – Wrong on this one so far. I thought Stanley, who was drafted No. 6 by the Baltimore Ravens and started 12 games, was the best rookie in the AFC North. Based on year one, he could be a star.

3. LB Leonard Floyd – Floyd was drafted No. 9 overall by the Chicago Bears and registered seven sacks as a rookie, impressive stuff. I felt he would be swallowed up a bit by massive tackles in the NFL, but he could be on his way to becoming the next Vic Beasley.

4. DT Robert Nkemdiche – Nkemdiche was drafted No. 29 by Arizona and was unimpressive with zero impact his rookie year, drawing criticism from head coach Bruce Arians for a lack of maturity. He could be out of the league in a couple of years.

5. RB Derrick Henry – Henry didn’t make it to round one and was drafted by the Tennessee Titans in round two (pick No. 45 overall). Working behind DeMarco Murray, who had a great season, Henry was impressive with 490 yards rushing and five touchdowns. I keep second guessing him and he keeps delivering."

cfc.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.