ADVERTISEMENT

Honest question - how long is the Freeman contract?

If this is a year like 2007, you have to fire the guy right?
Doesn’t matter. Fired Willingham early. No chance Freeman gets less than 4 years. After Weis he probably gets more than that. The politics of it are too messy.

Priority should be on getting a competent AD and focusing on 2030-ish. It’ll give ND a chance to decide if they want to actually be serious about NLI deals and the new era of college football.

Jack is more concerned with expanding a playoff system that ND won’t qualify for with this coaching staff.

It’s not an answer to your question but all I’ll say is for how much everyone here wants to hate Kelly now, the guy is not wrong in his assessment/frustration in ND not doing some of the things needed to do now in CFB to compete on the level they (allegedly) expect to compete on.

Money should be ZERO object to this school when it comes to the football program as no one would give a crap about this school without it. They should have facilities/support in place that is as good or better than anyone. Their coaching budget should be the same. And yet the beat goes on.

I’d argue it’s different now vs Charlie’s time in South Bend. ND was on long inconsistent run, a lot of bad seasons.

I don’t think you let a new coach implode a program that has won 10 or more games 6 of the last 7 seasons.

It's not freeman.. Its tommy who is cause of failure.. Hopefully Freeman doesn't take too long to replace him otherwise Tommy the dead weight will make freeman drown with him.

Reactions: NDinNJ
It's not freeman.. Its tommy who is cause of failure.. Hopefully Freeman doesn't take too long to replace him otherwise Tommy the dead weight will make freeman drown with him.

Nope...Freeman is the head coach....the buck stops with him.
The Rees offense averaged 37 points a game and won 21 games the last 2 years, he's not the problem.

Nope...Freeman is the head coach....the buck stops with him.
The Rees offense averaged 37 points a game and won 21 games the last 2 years, he's not the problem.
LOL go back and look Tommy never scored any more than 14 points against any good team at full strength..
He made up his stats against cupcakes.. and now he is even failing against cupcakes

Reactions: NDinNJ and Kelso86
I was never a fan of giving the program over to a couple very inexperienced guys. That said, the QB recruiting at ND has been miserable, just downright dreadful.

Whenever I commented on that, I’d get the “you know better then Kelly”, or “Oh, you’re a professional scout.”.

No, I watched some of their films and see who else actually recruited them, not just sent them a canned University interest letter.

OSU had 4-5 five star QBs on the roster or committed last years before Ewers transferred. We have a few guys that were recruited by MAC and CUSA programs.

Reactions: kev2225
I was never a fan of giving the program over to a couple very inexperienced guys. That said, the QB recruiting at ND has been miserable, just downright dreadful.

Whenever I commented on that, I’d get the “you know better then Kelly”, or “Oh, you’re a professional scout.”.

No, I watched some of their films and see who else actually recruited them, not just sent them a canned University interest letter.

OSU had 4-5 five star QBs on the roster or committed last years before Ewers transferred. We have a few guys that were recruited by MAC and CUSA programs.
Exactly! Every big time football school has dynamic, dual-threat quarterbacks. I see them even on teams like Louisville and UCF. Why can't we get one when these small schools in small conferences are able to?

Exactly! Every big time football school has dynamic, dual-threat quarterbacks. I see them even on teams like Louisville and UCF. Why can't we get one when these small schools in small conferences are able to?
Because most of them don’t have the academic qualifications to get in to ND

Does Rees also run the Defense ?

It’s the Head Coach who bears the ultimate responsibility, not the assistants

TR needs to be fired asap, and ND needs to bring in an experienced OC that's going to right the offense. What's Charlie Weis up to?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT