ADVERTISEMENT

Here to eat crow. But it wasn’t pretty either.

After the opening fumble, the first quarter was great. The rest of the game was pretty much so-so in my book on a lot of different fronts.

People have brought up a lot of issues with this team, from the disappointing performance of the DL; the injury attrition and youth of the OL; Leonard's shortcomings; coaching blunders, and even questions about conditioning (because we sure as hell seem to be seeing guys' knees pop out more than would be expected.) I think all of them are reasonable concerns, as it seems there are just more questions than answers at this point.

We need the bye, but even with that, I just don't going undefeated the rest of the way. Probably looking at 9-3 with some post-Christmas, pre-New Year's bowl game for a shot to go 10-3.
Agree that we need the bye badly. The 1st 5 weeks have been an emotional roller coaster for this team. We need 2 weeks to get guys healthy. Realign a few position groups (OL, Secondary, DL). Then let the staff assess current state, and build a realistic gameplan for the next 3 weeks (we have another bye in early November).

You mentioned 9-3. Where do you think the 2 losses are? Probably USC.....and who else?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT