ADVERTISEMENT

Herbstreit - says ND still has playoff chance

IrishBlessings

ND Expert
Jun 25, 2013
Kirk Herbstreit just was asked of the teams who lost on sat - who has the best chance to maybe still make the playoffs.

He said ND. Said the loss to TX in double OT and on the road should not impact them too bad - assuming they can win out.

That is the question - can ND win out ?

With the D. That we all saw - impossible to happen.

Totally agree......however even if ND wins out......I think after one game the best teams appear to be: bama, clemson/fsu, osu/mich, and texas/a&m/houston........but THAT IS WHY WE PLAY ANOTHER GAME this week!!!

BEAT the puppy dogs!!!

Reactions: Bodizephax
Even if we win out, with our D I think our chances are very slim of making the playoffs.

What will the playoff committee think of a 11-1 team that won its all of its 11 games with scores like 49-47?

Kirk Herbstreit just was asked of the teams who lost on sat - who has the best chance to maybe still make the playoffs.

He said ND. Said the loss to TX in double OT and on the road should not impact them too bad - assuming they can win out.

Yeah. I heard other sports pundits on ESPN and other outlets surprisingly say that ND still has a realistic shot. I understand many Irish fans around the globe question this insanity and have lost faith in BK and BVG. All we can do, as fans, is to enjoy each game, one week at a time, see how the defense develops, and hope that no serious injuries come our way. That's about all we can do.

A lot of the experts think much more highly of Texas than fans here do. They also think much more highly of Notre Dame than most "fans" here do too.

I'm not thinking much of Texas at this point. They will not face another defense like the one they faced last Sunday under those conditions. The word is out. The Longhorn offense is now on film. Any DC worth his salary will now make necessary adjustments and then again during the game. That's not to say their rookie QB won't be a good one someday and Coach Strong won't be successful. I'm saying they will be decent this season and nothing more. When the TV booth guy yelled out "Texas is back", not only was that inappropriate, it was premature.

A lot of the experts think much more highly of Texas than fans here do. They also think much more highly of Notre Dame than most "fans" here do too.
Really? The experts had them as un-ranked...

I'm not thinking much of Texas at this point. They will not face another defense like the one they faced last Sunday under those conditions. The word is out. The Longhorn offense is now on film. Any DC worth his salary will now make necessary adjustments and then again during the game. That's not to say their rookie QB won't be a good one someday and Coach Strong won't be successful. I'm saying they will be decent this season and nothing more. When the TV booth guy yelled out "Texas is back", not only was that inappropriate, it was premature.

Visions of Tate Forcier. We chased him all over the place, and he made play after play on the run. After our game every opponent just kept him in the pocket, he couldn't do a thing.

Notre Dame will not win out. Won't happen. Don't get me wrong. I would love for them to win out. I simply do not see the defense being able to stop anyone. Ever since the North Carolina game 2 seasons ago, BVGs defense has been lousy. There is nothing at all to point to that says they will be good, nothing. They need a different coach for the defense and better players on defense. Until that happens , nothing will change.

Comical reading this board....winning out,....playoffs...BVG.....geezus start by winning one game..every saturday..you think Bama is going undefeated? Me neither, and OSU??? Umm they played like Kent State or somebody...guess Wisconsin is playoff bound huh?? Michigan ..let's see who did they beat??? Oh yeah that tough Hawaii team

Let the season play out...and like l said a million times..guys it's just football...spend time with your family, go take a nature walk in a forest preserve, or take your kids to a movie...anything!!! Just stop fixating on a football game! If they win GREAT..if not oh well.

Forget the defensive schemes...

We tackle like flag football champions.

This is on BVG and ultimately on BK.

It's pathetic. I guarantee you right now there are high school coaches who had some of these players getting pissed they are watching the very player they had regress by leaps and bounds.

BVG is stealing his paycheck. He is doing the team, university, alumni, fan, etc...a total disservice.

I seriously can't stress to you enough what a ridiculously piss poor display of coaching this has become. Ever since he's been on our sideline our defense has tackled like garbage. Total garbage.

Last year one player chose to defy the coach and tackle correctly. Sheldon Day.

You all remember the substitute brought in the temple game with a one on one tackle opportunity near the pilon?

He didn't get out athleted, or bull over by a more powerful human...no no no...
It was such a horrid attempt of a tackle I believe Justin Yoon might have put forth a more formidable effort.

Yet again Notre Dame showed just how thorough the coaching staff was with teaching the simple form tackle. Sarcastically of course I say that because we're too giddy with x and o football that we apparently don't give a **** about the most important of all...TACKLING❕

P.s .
If the other team can't score ..they can't beat you. That is tongue in cheek but you get the idea because we'll try to score 55 points but don't really care about stopping the other squad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT