ADVERTISEMENT

Heistand vs Quinn

ftnfan62

I've posted how many times?
Aug 1, 2010
Sure this will start a war, but I am the only one that feels Quinn did more with less?

He didn’t have a back like Dex to make his stats look great yet there where less sacks and some beautiful holes.

Also some of the blocking down field where OL was moving up to the second level with the TE’s where impressive.

It’s probably like saying something negative about Lou but I don’t really want Harry back.

What would Quinn have looked like with Quentin, Mcglenchy and Josh Adams this year?

Maybe it’s that I didn’t think Harry was that great. I see Wisconsin lines, Georgia lines, etc. I never saw anything special at ND since Moore left. IMHO.

Reactions: Pennick4
I liked Hiestand and would take him over Quinn. Two concerns though are that the OL didn't do great against top 10 teams, but then again almost every position group didn't play that well. I'm also reading that part of why he left ND is that he didn't want to recruit, despite doing so well in that department. I would still take him back unless Kelly gets the vibe Hiestand doesn't want to recruit.

Sure this will start a war, but I am the only one that feels Quinn did more with less?

He didn’t have a back like Dex to make his stats look great yet there where less sacks and some beautiful holes.

Also some of the blocking down field where OL was moving up to the second level with the TE’s where impressive.

It’s probably like saying something negative about Lou but I don’t really want Harry back.

I could write paragraphs about how wrong this is...

HH did better with Mustipher, Kraemer, & Hainsey as first time starters & underclassmen then Quinn did with them as 3 year starters & upperclassmen. In fact, all three regressed in their third year, under Quinn.
The run blocking has been atrocious under Quinn. And that’s against worse competition.

Better backs make lines look better. Name a back on this team that sniffs the field with Adams or Dex?

Like I said, its probably me but I never saw under Harry us have a dominating line. I remember just as many 3 &1's that were stopped. If Quinn aint the guy, go get the Wisconsin line coach.

Things are moving the right way for ND....hate to go backward.

Realistically, if they could get along they could be a powerful tandem. Let Quinn coach tackles and tight ends, while focusing on recruiting (which Hiestand hates). Let Hiestand coach centers and guards, while focusing more on development and his reputation of creating elite NFL OL.

If egos were set aside they could be a wonderful tandem for the next couple years because they both specialize in different areas.

Reactions: Kelso86
Realistically, if they could get along they could be a powerful tandem. Let Quinn coach tackles and tight ends, while focusing on recruiting (which Hiestand hates). Let Hiestand coach centers and guards, while focusing more on development and his reputation of creating elite NFL OL.

If egos were set aside they could be a wonderful tandem for the next couple years because they both specialize in different areas.

That’s what kind of happened before when Quinn was offense game coordinators (or something like that) & HH was OL coach.

Reactions: IrishMike409

Love this idea. Do you think it's a realistic outcome?

Better backs make lines look better. Name a back on this team that sniffs the field with Adams or Dex?

Like I said, its probably me but I never saw under Harry us have a dominating line. I remember just as many 3 &1's that were stopped. If Quinn aint the guy, go get the Wisconsin line coach.

I think some of that was play calling tbh.

How did they compare on false starts?
What can a OL coach do about false starts? There seemed to me there were a hell of a lot of false starts this year. Is that coaching and if so how do you change that? Asking because I don't know.

Yes, HH’s line’s didn’t hold up against elite teams, but they often dominated lesser teams. I view the issue of struggling against better teams as systematic within BK’s system vs blaming HH.

There OL won the Joe Moore Award for the best OL in the country what 2 years ago. So Heistand did something right. He also had 2 stud linemen to work with which Quinn does not have. I do think the linemen this year are not as good as year past.

There OL won the Joe Moore Award for the best OL in the country what 2 years ago. So Heistand did something right. He also had 2 stud linemen to work with which Quinn does not have. I do think the linemen this year are not as good as year past.
His top 6 OL were all pretty high 4 stars and mostly upperclassmen

What can a OL coach do about false starts? There seemed to me there were a hell of a lot of false starts this year. Is that coaching and if so how do you change that? Asking because I don't know.
Discipline in everything you do starts in training and practice

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT