ADVERTISEMENT

Grading our Schedule after Week 1

Original_Irish

Posts Like A Champion
Apr 27, 2010
I think that our schedule became a lot easier from what I saw after week 1. NC State was a dark horse team that everyone was picking over South Carolina. I thought they looked ok but really shot themselves in the foot.
Somehow we are a 6.5 point favorite against Georgia. I don't necessarily believe that but I think that game is more winnable than we thought during the spring and summer.
North Carolina lost to a Cal team that had to travel across the country and essentially play at 9 in the morning.

Michigan State might be better than expected and Stanford might be a top 10 team again. But overall I think the schedule looks more manageable now.

Now feel free to add your "It's only the first week and its a long season" comments below.

I'm very surprised to see the Irish favored by a TD over UGA. I think most of us would be very happy to play well and just get the W!

You are forgetting about USC and Navy which were both losses last year.

Too early to tell anything yet. The key to a number of our games will be just how well our coaching staff
Can fill some obvious defensive weaknesses that Temple was able to take advantage of on Saturday.
While our offense looked very explosive and played just about a penalty free game, if we have to win
In shootouts against a number of teams on our schedule, I think that we will have a decent to good season.
If the defense is really good, we should have one of our best seasons in years.
Defense wins championships ! How the D plays next week will be a great indicator of just how well our season can be !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT