ADVERTISEMENT

Go Irish. Beat Beavers

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
I used to own a ski condo near Vail Colorado and Beaver Creek Resort and there was a Liquor store named Beaver Liquors 🤣🥱😜

Today I WANT OUR GIRLS TO BEAT THE BEAVERS into peltmission.

Gonna be tough one

Reactions: NDinNJ
That is an unfortunate name for a women's team. I suppose you are ready for if Oregon State beats ND and faces South Carolina.

Gotta feel for them. They played as tough as they could. Just wasn’t in the cards. Hopefully a full healthy roster next year will get them to the next level. Great season regardless of today. Awesome job ladies !!! Proud to be a Notre Dame fan. Go Irish ☘️!!!

The fact this team won the ACC tourney and came this close in the sweet 16 with a six person rotation and no center is an incredible accomplishment. Congrats ladies for a great season, and thank you for giving us one hell of a run to finish the year.

Congrats to the ladies - This was an outstanding season! I was hopeful that they would win the game on today and in my view should have. Call me a sore loser, but the Hannah Hildago nose ring fiasco cost her close to five minutes of game action and she was not the same after that.

It seemed to cause a lot of pain as they were seemingly trying to surgically remove the nose ring on the bench. This is something that should have been brought to the attention of Coach Ivey prior to the start of the game. I have seen many players wearing the nose ring through the years, including this year. Hannah has been wearing the nose ring all year and now the refs selectively chose to enforce this rule - It sucks.

I would say you better look out - next year's team is going to be a beast!!!
Go Irish!!!!!

I used to own a ski condo near Vail Colorado and Beaver Creek Resort and there was a Liquor store named Beaver Liquors 🤣🥱😜

Today I WANT OUR GIRLS TO BEAT THE BEAVERS into peltmission.

Gonna be tough one
....I live in Colorado and I have been in this store......they have logo hats and tee-shirts that are pretty graphic....use your imagination...yeah, that's it.....

Reactions: theskibro
....I live in Colorado and I have been in this store......they have logo hats and tee-shirts that are pretty graphic....use your imagination...yeah, that's it.....
Fillmore and Beaver are neighborish towns in the middle of nowhere Utah.. a lot of fun with those two

Congrats to the ladies - This was an outstanding season! I was hopeful that they would win the game on today and in my view should have. Call me a sore loser, but the Hannah Hildago nose ring fiasco cost her close to five minutes of game action and she was not the same after that.

It seemed to cause a lot of pain as they were seemingly trying to surgically remove the nose ring on the bench. This is something that should have been brought to the attention of Coach Ivey prior to the start of the game. I have seen many players wearing the nose ring through the years, including this year. Hannah has been wearing the nose ring all year and now the refs selectively chose to enforce this rule - It sucks.

I would say you better look out - next year's team is going to be a beast!!!
Go Irish!!!!!
Now if she had only been wearing those gaudy fake eyelashes...

• Haha
Reactions: irishalice
Keep your damn nose rings and jewelry off during a basketball game
Separate issue. She had worn it all season without question from anyone,anywhere. The officials told her before the game she needed to cover it up and she complied. Then inexplicably during the natural flow of the game she was told it had to be removed. Officials completely botched the entire situation and should be reprimanded for their inconsistency in their decision making. Not the reason ND lost but it certainly impacted their performance.

Separate issue. She had worn it all season without question from anyone,anywhere. The officials told her before the game she needed to cover it up and she complied. Then inexplicably during the natural flow of the game she was told it had to be removed. Officials completely botched the entire situation and should be reprimanded for their inconsistency in their decision making. Not the reason ND lost but it certainly impacted their performance.
Keep your damn nose rings and jewelry off during a basketball game

I think something like a nose ring needs to not be worn in a game

THAT SAID

Why was it not a problem in the first 2 NCAA games?
Why was it not a problem in the regular season and in the ACC Tourney?

Why was the team not told BEFORE THE GAME BEGAN?

It is interesting the posters who seem to not want to ask those questions.

Reactions: BGI User 756
This is the kind of thing that doesnt get enforced unless someone rats on you
yeah or a biased official decides to push it when no one else is

BUT a nose ring is KIND OF OBVIOUS is it not?

selective enforcement is a hallmark of biased and incompetent officiating

Don't wear a nose ring during a basketball game and you take it out of the officials hands. Simple solution.

No other player on the court was wearing one

This. The OSU coach complained
My recollection is Hildago had a collision of sorts with an Oregon St player with a foul being called on Hildago. The Oregon St player acted as though she was hurt around the face, and their coach complained, and the next thing I saw was Hildago upset on the bench having the damn nose ring cut off. She was off her game from that point on. I don’t think any jewelry should be allowed: nose rings and earrings and necklaces, etc… for men and women basketball.

True. Hidalgo had terrible game. Her turnover when we had chance to go up was killer. But what a season for the ND Women. Adversity. No quit

I really wanted to use the headline “Irish lick Beavers”. But like real life, not to be

My recollection is Hildago had a collision of sorts with an Oregon St player with a foul being called on Hildago. The Oregon St player acted as though she was hurt around the face, and their coach complained, and the next thing I saw was Hildago upset on the bench having the damn nose ring cut off. She was off her game from that point on. I don’t think any jewelry should be allowed: nose rings and earrings and necklaces, etc… for men and women basketball.
I read somewhere that the OSU coach was also surprised the rule was enforced, so either he lied or he didn't complain.

I'm surprised it was so hard to remove. My son had one when he served in the Air Force. He obviously didn't wear it when on duty.

Don't wear a nose ring during a basketball game and you take it out of the officials hands. Simple solution.

No other player on the court was wearing one
why am I not surprised you ignore the officials inconsistency here?
Pretty much your modus operandi

Reactions: theskibro
I had to follow most of the game on gametracker and had no clue about "Nosering Gate" until after the game. Did wonder about her being out of the game for several minutes though.
I find it hard to believe that a nose stud covered by a bandaid (or without) would cause any discomfort or injury. I call it strategy by the Beaver coach to prevent Hannah from getting into her rhythm. It worked!
As far as the no jewelry rule goes...enforce it all season. I did read on X yesterday that one of the South Carolina players wears two noserings, so if true will be interesting to see if they are removed, or just bandaided.

Last edited:
why am I not surprised you ignore the officials inconsistency here?
Pretty much your modus operandi
Because that part doesn't matter to me. You are not supposed to have rings or jewelry on during a basketball game.

Don't wear them and it won't be a problem. Very easy solution

Because that part doesn't matter to me. You are not supposed to have rings or jewelry on during a basketball game.

Don't wear them and it won't be a problem. Very easy solution
no wonder; corrupt and incompetent officiating is no problem to you; explains a lot

no wonder; corrupt and incompetent officiating is no problem to you; explains a lot
No. I'm just the type of person that doesn't use excuses to blame my problems or issues on other people. I like to take responsibility for my own actions

I see the type of person you are though.... you're one of those play the victim types

Explains a lot

I think something like a nose ring needs to not be worn in a game

THAT SAID

Why was it not a problem in the first 2 NCAA games?
Why was it not a problem in the regular season and in the ACC Tourney?

Why was the team not told BEFORE THE GAME BEGAN?

It is interesting the posters who seem to not want to ask those questions.
They are valid questions

yeah or a biased official decides to push it when no one else is

BUT a nose ring is KIND OF OBVIOUS is it not?

selective enforcement is a hallmark of biased and incompetent officiating
For what it's worth, a friend of mine who works at ND and follows women's basketball closely told me the refs in that game had officiated at several other games at ND this season, and she never noticed any bias. I think someone made a stink and the order came down to enforce the rule.

For what it's worth, a friend of mine who works at ND and follows women's basketball closely told me the refs in that game had officiated at several other games at ND this season, and she never noticed any bias. I think someone made a stink and the order came down to enforce the rule.
Well let’s be clear. This is not about wearing jewelry or not. That is a bigger over arching topic that needs to be addressed as a rule or not.

This is also not about sour grapes or what could have been

This is about the tournament not informing teams of what is permitted and not permitted prior to start of play. That did not happen. And according to some reports- if true - some teams are wearing jewelry and not being disciplined.

What happened to Hannah is bull shit and if I was Ivey And ND Admin I would raise holy hell. Fuk NCAA, a useless organization

Well let’s be clear. This is not about wearing jewelry or not. That is a bigger over arching topic that needs to be addressed as a rule or not.

This is also not about sour grapes or what could have been

This is about the tournament not informing teams of what is permitted and not permitted prior to start of play. That did not happen. And according to some reports- if true - some teams are wearing jewelry and not being disciplined.

What happened to Hannah is bull shit and if I was Ivey And ND Admin I would raise holy hell. Fuk NCAA, a useless organization
👍

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT