ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Safety: "we’re going to come out and punish them from the start"

IRISHJD98

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 22, 2007
Chicago
As so it begins again . . . (Link)

Unlike last week's kid, this one can play. 12 INT's in the last two seasons.

"And if Sanders’ feelings weren’t entirely clear, he echoed them when asked another question about whether this game would have any special meaning because of the opponent and the venue.

“This is just a regular game, and we’re going to come out and punish them from the start,” Sanders said."

Last edited:
I like their confidence. I hope our guys have the same confidence, but keep it closed doors.

Nothing like eating crow if EQ blows by you for a long TD / reception for the win (hypothetical).

I've got no problems with his comments. Thy weren't arrogant, they were confident.

Really looking forward to this game!

Absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. And if a ND player said the same, I'd feel the exact same way. DS is a very no-nonsense guy who clearly has a singular focus, so no surprise he doesn't plan on getting caught up in the hoopla in regard to traveling north, ND stadium, etc.

Absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. And if a ND player said the same, I'd feel the exact same way. DS is a very no-nonsense guy who clearly has a singular focus, so no surprise he doesn't plan on getting caught up in the hoopla in regard to traveling north, ND stadium, etc.

I don't have a problem with it either. The kid can play, is experienced, and has earned his confidence. He knows he has to back it up. Good intensity. I'm just having a little fun.

Last week Temple had a 220 lb sophomore inside linebacker making his first start that was predicting a blowout and talking up his own speed. That was a bit different. After the game, he ended up saying that Wimbush, was bigger and had more speed than he expected. He kept mentioning speed. It was funny. Sanders is not going to walk away surprised.

Some of our captains just spoke to the media. I'm sure some reporter trolled them Sanders' comment and questions about the greatness of the SEC. I'll be curious to see how they dodge that, though I'd just as soon have them completely ignore the media this week.

Last edited:
My guess is Coach Smart has spoken to him about that comment. I agree with most on here. That should be a private thought kept between teammates. That should be the mindset, but let your play prove the point.

I am happy they are that confident though. I am not saying it is justified yet, but you don't come in expecting to lose.

Would he say that about Alabama,LSU, or Michigan? Think not. Only one way to change that.

Yawn.......... believe me they will come full throttle. But so will ND. This is a different Irish team. Completely different mentality. It starts with the coach. His mentality this year is " no mercy". If any one saw Irish connection, he said one word over and over. Dominance!! Dominate your opponent. Not let's find a way to win. Not just play your best. Dominate! That's what he said to his team. He may have said that before, but I never heard him say it before they took the field. Now I'm not saying the Irish will dominate Georgia. But the attitude and more importantly the talent for the Irish is there to play toe to toe or better with Georgia. Go Irish!!

Would he say that about Alabama,LSU, or Michigan? Think not. Only one way to change that.

Would he say that about Alabama,LSU, or Michigan?

Hell yes!

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser." Lombardi

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT