ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday for Stanford Game

IowaIrish1

Posts Like A Champion
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2015
This is something I think could really help boost a possible playoff seed. Contenders for that week are OSU vs UM and Baylor vs TCU. Both these games would be top 2 on the list as of today, but it's a long way away. Irish finish the season with a prime time win over a 1 loss Cardinal would go a long way.

Of course...they could also lose one of the next four game and this is all moot.

I think most likely is UM vs OSU. People talk about SEC bias, but if both UM and OSU are undefeated before this weekend, it's a guarntee gameday is there. I think the ND vs Standford game is a likely second again if both are undefeated. I can't see Baylor and TCU winning out until this weekend, at least one will have a loss, they're both running the gauntlet.

Also with the game being an ABC
/Espn choice it will be prime time whether GameDay is there or not.

Well UM has 2 losses so that cancels that argument. Especially saying Game Day will probably in Columbus for the MSU game the week prior. The Oklahoma vs Oklahoma could potentially have big game implications as well. But if TCU and Baylor are undefeated then its a mute point. But the crew of Gameday probably would prefer to be in Palo Alto on November 28 for the weather alone.

I think most likely is UM vs OSU. People talk about SEC bias, but if both UM and OSU are undefeated before this weekend, it's a guarntee gameday is there. I think the ND vs Standford game is a likely second again if both are undefeated. I can't see Baylor and TCU winning out until this weekend, at least one will have a loss, they're both running the gauntlet.
scUM has two losses. What in the hell are you talking about?

Reactions: SALittleGiant513
Big rivalry for sure and if both teams win out it will be a top 15 match up but I think there will be bigger GameDay choices insofar as new locations and higher rated battles.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Can't believe Harbaugh versus Myer will sway this one way or the other if UM is not in the top ten, unless all the other possible scenarios likewise lose along the way.

Harbaugh vs Meyer and the game has tradition and playoff ramifications as well. Tough to top.
Espn being at MSU/OSU the week before makes it increasingly unlikely. Also every game OSU plays would technically have playoff implications at this point if you are saying the Michigan game does.

I don't think ND Stanford is the favorite for that week of the season. Back to back with the same school would be extremely unusual.

If Baylor and TCU are undefeated that is where they will be. All of the B12 hype has been building around getting one of those two in the play off this year.

If UM wins out and OSU stays undefeated game day will be there.

However....if Baylor and TCU are undefeated that game will have even more meaning than any one game of anyone's all year. That will truly be a win and in game.

Baylor and TCU won't both be undefeated. Both may have two losses at that point.
If Clemson beats Florida St, battle of Florida won't get the call.
Bedlam only if OSU has one or fewer losses and Oklahoma doesn't take another hit.

The odds are in the Irish favor. BEAT PITT!!

This is something I think could really help boost a possible playoff seed.

I don't see how ESPN Gameday somehow being at the site of our game helps us get into the playoff. I think people are overvaluing how much people care about that show.

Reactions: Pennick4
Everyone knows that if you want to get into the CF playoff, you need to have a senile old man put on a smelly mascot head when thousands boo him 8 hours before the game.

It's not about the playoff. It's another contribution to recruiting. I haven't watched, beyond an occasional 2 minute click-by in years, but it has value to kids in terms of the perceived importance of the participating teams and the attention they can receive in the future. If ESPN Gameday was at all of a notable school's games, they would have the number one recruiting class. Period.

It's not about the playoff. It's another contribution to recruiting. I haven't watched, beyond an occasional 2 minute click-by in years, but it has value to kids in terms of the perceived importance of the participating teams and the attention they can receive in the future. If ESPN Gameday was at all of a notable school's games, they would have the number one recruiting class. Period.

For starters I doubt that there is one kid on the west coast that wakes up before 9 after a Friday game to watch anything..... game day included. Other than that your post is just very dumb. Yeah, college game day influences recruiting.... Find one reference to a recruit mentioning college game day as a recruiting point of interest or anything for that matter. Thanks for the chuckles and I look forward to more lunacy from you.

For starters I doubt that there is one kid on the west coast that wakes up before 9 after a Friday game to watch anything..... game day included. Other than that your post is just very dumb. Yeah, college game day influences recruiting.... Find one reference to a recruit mentioning college game day as a recruiting point of interest or anything for that matter. Thanks for the chuckles and I look forward to more lunacy from you.

It's about more brand exposure you F'in moron. I don't care what time West Coast kids wake up. We recruit NATIONALLY, and Gameday isn't a regional show and it's mentioned all week long. There are a few people on this site that i despise, but you are the only one I wish I could meet in real life to personally show my contempt, Long Island bouncer boy .

It's about more brand exposure you F'in moron. I don't care what time West Coast kids wake up. We recruit NATIONALLY, and Gameday isn't a regional show and it's mentioned all week long. There are a few people on this site that i despise, but you are the only one I wish I could meet in real life to personally show my contempt, Long Island bouncer boy .

Find one recruit out of the tens of thousands available that had his school selection influenced by espn college game day.... Or, just admit you are full of crap.

Thanks for the chuckles and I look forward to more lunacy from you.

Find one recruit out of the tens of thousands available that had his school selection influenced by espn college game day.... Or, just admit you are full of crap.

Thanks for the chuckles and I look forward to more lunacy from you.

Since your slow. Let's try a different approach. Explain to me how being involved with Gameday is a bad thing.

Since your slow. Let's try a different approach. Explain to me how being involved with Gameday is a bad thing.

You're the one saying it influences recruits. Find one recruit that has made a remark in line with your thoughts....

Have fun with that.... Thanks for the comedy.... ESPN culture hahahaha

Last edited:

It's definitely not a bad thing, but the idea that if they showed up to every team's games, then that team would have the number one recruiting class without any further work is a bit absurd.

Your the one saying it influences recruits. Find one recruit that has made a remark in line with your thoughts....

Have fun with that.... Thanks for the comedy.... ESPN culture hahahaha

I've known you're an idiot for a while now, but I'm really amazed that you're so stupid as to not understand why ND getting more attention on ESPN is a good thing. "I was invited to post here by Wax, because I'm what you call an intellectual bar-raiser. The kids HATE ESPN I tell you!"

Last edited:
It's definitely not a bad thing, but the idea that if they showed up to every team's games, then that team would have the number one recruiting class without any further work is a bit absurd.

Well they wouldn't show up if a team was 4-8, 0-12. 3-9. We're talking about the impact on a good teams recruiting. Why does that have to be explained? ND 11-1,10-2 on Gameday for 12 weeks would have the #1 class, unless all of the 4 and 5 star players were academically CGVRs.

yeah i doubt any kid has decided based on # of times on gameday. But, gameday does raise the exposure of a game and is always involved with games and programs that are important. Hence, why it helps.

Well they wouldn't show up if a team was 4-8, 0-12. 3-9. We're talking about the impact on a good teams recruiting. Why does that have to be explained? ND 11-1,10-2 on Gameday for 12 weeks would have the #1 class, unless all of the 4 and 5 star players were academically CGVRs.

There's a difference between correlation and causation. ND being on Gameday doesn't cause our recruiting class to be number one. Gameday may be there because ND's having a good season, which means more likely than not we'll have a great recruiting class, but you may as well say that if ND finishes in the Top 5 every year, we'll have one of the best, if not the best, recruiting class.

I've known you're an idiot for a while now, but I'm really amazed that you're so stupid as to not understand why ND getting more attention on ESPN is a good thing. "I was invited to post here by Wax, because I'm what you call an intellectual bar-raiser. The kids HATE ESPN I tell you!"

“If ESPN Gameday was at all of a notable school's games, they would have the number one recruiting class. Period.”

Your whole premise is simply nonsensical. The ESPN Game Day experience is a weekly marauding vaudeville college football carnival. Localizing it to one institution would marginalize, regionalize and change the whole basis of the show which is built around college football traditions, school spirit, major match ups and so much more.

Notre Dame can currently tell recruits that we air our games virtually every weekend on major network stations. NBC also offers us “impressions” during the week. In fact those impressions can be found on other stations too. That’s a very powerful and relevant recruiting tool.

Telling recruits that Lee Corso puts on funny hats and costumes every weekend at ND while making college football picks will hardly move the needle for a recruit. Your deranged thought that stationing game day at one locale would generate ongoing #1 recruiting classes is among the silliest things I’ve ever seen here.

However, your ongoing defense of it was sillier.

You do realize we have admissions don’t you? Many 4 - 5 star recruits aren't even considered prospects due to academics.

In your world, How many of those 4 and 5 star recruits would say the reason for choosing ND was because he doesn’t like the picks Desmond Howard makes on game day? or some other reference to the show?

“Mom Dad, I’ve reached a decision. I am going to choose ND over Stanford because college game day is there every weekend.” hahaha

I don't doubt you went to ND, but it was most likely for a game.

“If ESPN Gameday was at all of a notable school's games, they would have the number one recruiting class. Period.”

Your whole premise is simply nonsensical. The ESPN Game Day experience is a weekly marauding vaudeville college football carnival. Localizing it to one institution would marginalize, regionalize and change the whole basis of the show which is built around college football traditions, school spirit, major match ups and so much more.

That's a good point. If Gameday was at every Notre Dame game, at some point the luster of being on Gameday would wear off.

That's a good point. If Gameday was at every Notre Dame game, at some point the luster of being on Gameday would wear off.

Can you imagine watching the steam run out of ND students participation week in and week out? "The bloom is off the rose". I'm guessing espn would eventually have to hire extras... The whole notion/premise is preposterous.
ESPN College game day live week 11 at ND during a 7-4 season..... I'm sure this would arc our recruiting....

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT