ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread ND vs FSU

Run blocking is poor so far, but I sort of like the imaginative offensive play calling.

D has had lots of pressure but has led Qb off the hook a couple of times.

We never seem to have plays for 3rd and short, 4th and short. No short yardage package.

Does ND have anyone on offense besides Mayer and Williams who can run or catch a pass? They might want to open up the playbook and find out. The Noles are keying on two guys....If I can see it...maybe the coaches can? Getting ugly out there.

Reactions: ZVZ
SLOPPY PLAY ON MANY FRONTS

TIME TO GET IT TOGETHER !

Why are we running the ball so much?? Coan is fine, we don't need to keep running like we're supposedly committed to doing. Let's just go back to leading with the pass. We looked great on that first drive.

Why are we running the ball so much?? Coan is fine, we don't need to keep running like we're supposedly committed to doing. Let's just go back to leading with the pass. We looked great on that first drive.
Don't worry.....the way things are going....the Irish will be throwing the ball soon enough.

About a half dozen times, our defenders have hit the qb but not wrapped him up, allowing him to squirt forward and avoid the sack or reduce the damage.

Not really surprised. Lots of new parts for ND this year. Kind of nervous about the offensive line, though.

Coan doesn't seem to have that nose for the first down marker...several throws where the receiver came up just short. Zip for 4 on third down. I just don't see the weapons on offense. Mayer and Williams. Thats about it. And it clearly isn't enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT