ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman year 1 = FAIL

Jack Swarbrick needs to be fired. Michigan and USC have dominant programs and ND is pathetic and it’s under his watch.

Reactions: rgc7
Year 1 of Freeman is better than year 1 of Kelly.
Freeman is going to win big @ ND
Not with USC on the schedule. They’ll be even better the next few years. ND hasn’t won a major bowl game since the 1993 season. New blood is desperately needed at ND for them to have a fighting shot.

Reactions: football1irish
Not with USC on the schedule. They’ll be even better the next few years. ND hasn’t won a major bowl game since the 1993 season. New blood is desperately needed at ND for them to have a fighting shot.
Why are you telling us? Email Father Jenkins your concerns.

Reactions: NDinNJ
The whole coaching staff should be left at LAX. Pathetic effort tonight but Jack will keep things running smoothly to not interrupt Motor City Bowl prep.
Nothing pathetic about it. We lost to the number 6 team in the country by 11.

We could have been in it or won but some mistakes.

It wasn't embarrassing though

Reactions: HotCarNut
They lost four games by a combined 29 points. They were never blown out in any game this year, in fact they were in every game, and their compete level is excellent, they don’t back down, Herbstreit alluded to this. They had no business losing to Marshall or Stanford but those things do happen. The QB situation was a huge detriment, Buchner wasn’t good and Pyne isn’t good either. They also need an influx of talent at WR. This team is still heavy with players from the BK era. Freeman is going to have to put a stamp on the staff by getting a more polished offensive coordinator.

Year 1 of Freeman is better than year 1 of Kelly.
Freeman is going to win big @ ND
What year 1 coach did worse than the last year of the prior coach? …. freeman! 11-2 last year(would have been 12-1 if Kelly didn’t bail) and freeman hopefully goes 9-4….he took a talented healthy program and coached like crap. There is promise regarding recruiting but not much promise with coaching ability shown

Email Father Jenkins your concerns.
Jack Swarbrick needs to be fired. Michigan and USC have dominant programs and ND is pathetic and it’s under his watch.
Michigan averaged 4 losses a year Harbaugh's first 6 years and fans wanted him fired. USC stepped in shit and got lucky with Caleb.

Freeman took over a team with zero QB experience and had to build his first staff as a coach.

He did an amazing job. He has no Rolodex, hey come coach for me. I’m great. He has no 5 star Heisman. He played 3 top 10 teams, more than BK EVER played in a year.

He has a top 5 recruiting class. They NEVER got blown out.

Future is bright. Process all the data before you jump. BK did what he always does, lays an egg on a big stage when he has the better team.

MF will get better, he will recruit better, this will be a run like Lou. It’s all about recruiting. We got a recruiter.

I give MF a solid A- for his 1st year. ND football is in good hands.
When you lose to Marshall and Stanford at home and finish 8-4 at Notre Dame, A- simply was not earned. B for me.

Notre Dame should beat Marshall and Stanford at home with Golson playing QB.

When you lose to Marshall and Stanford at home and finish 8-4 at Notre Dame, A- simply was not earned. B for me.

Notre Dame should beat Marshall and Stanford at home with Golson playing QB.

You also played 3 top 10 teams, 2 away. That’s a tougher draw than we have had in years. An A would have been this year at 10-2. An A- is probably just the let down loss to Marshall.

I’d give them a B for assembling a new staff, losing QB1 and some terrific wins down 0-2.

Losing sucks. Always has and always will. However, no one on that team quit. That says a lot. I watched all the way through. Even when the players were shaking hands I watched. Did anyone notice the look on Bertrand’s face as he was walking off the field? He looked like he really hurt. I don’t mean physically. I mean you could see the hurt on his face after that loss. That tells me how bad he wanted to win. I think that’s a glimpse into the culture MF is instilling. Give MF time. I really believe he will get it rolling.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Losing sucks. Always has and always will. However, no one on that team quit. That says a lot. I watched all the way through. Even when the players were shaking hands I watched. Did anyone notice the look on Bertrand’s face as he was walking off the field? He looked like he really hurt. I don’t mean physically. I mean you could see the hurt on his face after that loss. That tells me how bad he wanted to win. I think that’s a glimpse into the culture MF is instilling. Give MF time. I really believe he will get it rolling.
With some posters they try to show their extensive knowledge of the game by screaming "Fire the coach" after any loss. Actually, it shows how little they know.

It's so predictable after a loss.

The off season will be interesting to see which assistants leave. While TR gets all the heat, Washington needs to go. DL never lived up to expectations.

The off season will be interesting to see which assistants leave. While TR gets all the heat, Washington needs to go. DL never lived up to expectations.
Perhaps they weren’t that good to start with…..Freeman will recruit his own dude’s!

Kelly got a 6-6 team and first year had them 8-5…. freeman got a 11-1 team that is very experienced this year and turned it into 8-4…. One of the worst first year coaching wise for an ND team… everyone thought he would bring a bolt of energy to our team and instead they played slow and missed tons of assignments

What year 1 coach did worse than the last year of the prior coach? …. freeman! 11-2 last year(would have been 12-1 if Kelly didn’t bail) and freeman hopefully goes 9-4….he took a talented healthy program and coached like crap. There is promise regarding recruiting but not much promise with coaching ability shown
You're an idiot

who does ND lose to graduation or the draft? Foskey will be hard to replace!

Notre Dame will beat the condoms next year...I've been hearing forever how USC has better players, program, etc....and yet they still have a losing record against us....

And Riley is no Carroll...

Reactions: HarlemIrish
You really don't understand coaching or culture, do you?

Reactions: BGI User 756
Kelly got a 6-6 team and first year had them 8-5…. freeman got a 11-1 team that is very experienced this year and turned it into 8-4…. One of the worst first year coaching wise for an ND team… everyone thought he would bring a bolt of energy to our team and instead they played slow and missed tons of assignments
QB....QB....

Ya know, if our only two losses were OSU and USC, I’d disagree with you. But the other losses were inexcusable.

After losing last year's bowl game, I think winning our upcoming bowl game is important for the perception of the program.

Reactions: BM16
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT