ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman year 1 = FAIL

Agreed. Jumped to conclusions after the Clemson game. ND didn’t have one quality win all year and got smoked in the two big road games.

No matter who the coach ND will never have any talent. That’s the biggest issue. Florida and California athletes aren’t coming to Indiana.

We now get an off-season to read message board bingo for why this season was a disappointment.

Having been on this board since the Davie era, some of the past favorites have been:

-bad luck with injuries
-brutal schedule
-Lack of recruiting from the previous coach
-It’s the coordinator’s fault!

If you have the right coach, you win. If you don’t, you play message board bingo for 3-4 years.

Ranked fifth pre season and go 8-4…. Awful coaching
Pre season polls mean NOTHING. Am I happy with 8-4? NO. How we lost to Marshall, Stanford, and somehow almost let Navy win, I have no explanation.
But 8-4 with a QB with limited abilities, and an OC that can't get out of his way, I'll be ok with it. Now next year....8-4.....is not acceptable.

Pre season polls mean NOTHING. Am I happy with 8-4? NO. How we lost to Marshall, Stanford, and somehow almost let Navy win, I have no explanation.
But 8-4 with a QB with limited abilities, and an OC that can't get out of his way, I'll be ok with it. Now next year....8-4.....is not acceptable.
TR will be coaching up and developing DP …..look for huge improvement next year!

Win a bowl game and go 9 and 4.

This team would beat last years team. Schedule and qb.

If we had Coan we would be 10 and 2

Reactions: jongon
8-4 is freeman fired… 9-3 is pass if recruiting still good, 10-2 ok, 11-1 or better is expectation

Win a bowl game and go 9 and 4.

This team would beat last years team. Schedule and qb.

If we had Coan we would be 10 and 2
Last years team end of year with Kelly whips freeman’s team this year east

Nasty would like coaches to be fired after every loss. Lol.

8-4 is a disappointment but I think Freeman became a better coach throughout the year. He’s recruiting better than his predecessor so let’s give him more time. Next year will probably be bumpy too but I would better results.

Pre season 5, kinda easy schedule.
Solid coaching goes 10-2… we’re 8-4 due to crap coaching, next year is huge,
No excuse to be worse than 10-2… 11-1 should be bar

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT