ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman’s seat heating up?

nd4life211

Go Irish
Oct 10, 2022
This could be premature, but we won 10+ from 2017 until 2021. Expectations are high here and Freeman has shown his inexperience multiple times in the past two years. I think the best option is for us to cut our losses and hire a sure thing. This should be confirmation that this is the last place to learn on the job.

Freeman hasn’t been horrible, but we’re treading water here. The Parker hire was beyond baffling and he needs to own that.

What about a guy like Leipold or Kleiman? Look at what these guys are doing with 2 and 3 stars! They have won everywhere they have been and won big. These are guys that have similar career paths as a guy like Kelly did, probably even more successful at prior stops. i would hate to see other sleeping giants pick these guys up and turn the corner.

Unfortunately, I don’t think Freeman’s seat is even warm, but I could be wrong.

This could be premature, but we won 10+ from 2017 until 2021. Expectations are high here and Freeman has shown his inexperience multiple times in the past two years. I think the best option is for us to cut our losses and hire a sure thing. This should be confirmation that this is the last place to learn on the job.

Freeman hasn’t been horrible, but we’re treading water here. The Parker hire was beyond baffling and he needs to own that.

What about a guy like Leipold or Kleiman? Look at what these guys are doing with 2 and 3 stars! They have won everywhere they have been and won big. These are guys that have similar career paths as a guy like Kelly did, probably even more successful at prior stops. i would hate to see other sleeping giants pick these guys up and turn the corner.

You should have stopped after 4 words. The rest are a waste of time.

You should have stopped after 4 words. The rest are a waste of time.
Really? With nothing to play for, Stanford and Wake are anything but sure things. He loses one of those, and people will start talking. He’ll get three years, I just think we’re wasting our time. We’ve seen this movie play out numerous times and next years roster isn’t looking great.

Really? With nothing to play for, Stanford and Wake are anything but sure things. He loses one of those, and people will start talking. He’ll get three years, I just think we’re wasting our time. We’ve seen this movie play out numerous times and next years roster isn’t looking great.
ND will not lose either one of those games, so you can end your dreams about a new coach right here and now.

You don't prepare to fire a coach next year after two seasons like ND has had/is having. They would have to have a disastrous record next year for that to happen.

And it won't.

Reactions: NDSMC78
ND will not lose either one of those games, so you can end your dreams about a new coach right here and now.

You don't prepare to fire a coach next year after two seasons like ND has had/is having. They would have to have a disastrous record next year for that to happen.

And it won't.
Correct, you fire him after this years second disappointing season in a row… that’s what a real program would do… we’re not one though

Correct, you fire him after this years second disappointing season in a row… that’s what a real program would do… we’re not one though
So tell me what "real" program has done this in the past? I'll help you out with the answer here:

None.

Reactions: NDSMC78
Not at all IMO. This was one of our toughest schedules in years. And we dropped a few games, but we were in every game. Against Louisville and Clemson, turnovers and penalties really hurt us. We need to clean those up better.

But next year's schedule is looking quite a bit easier. But Freeman's seat isn't hot at all yet IMO.

You do realize most coaches that are now on the mountaintop took 3-5 years before getting there? And coaches that were supposed to make teams champions like Jimbo Fisher and conmen like Sanders and Riley aren't doing all that great either. Even ole BK is not doing as the fan base at LSU hoped.

Reactions: hvillebill
Not yet. We need to win our next 2 games. If we have 4/5 losses next year than it might warm up. But he deserves a chance. If we lose 1 of our last two plus the bowl game, then I would say perhaps, but he will get at least one more year regardless. Probably 2 more years.

Last edited:
We have this same discussion after every loss. Unless we lose out he’s not on the hot sea at all this year. Less than 10 wins next year it starts to warm up.

Reactions: christophero
Not at all IMO. This was one of our toughest schedules in years. And we dropped a few games, but we were in every game. Against Louisville and Clemson, turnovers and penalties really hurt us. We need to clean those up better.

But next year's schedule is looking quite a bit easier. But Freeman's seat isn't hot at all yet IMO.
Against Louisville there were some really bad coaching errors. You seem to want to ignore that.
And one of the key measures of a CHAMPIONSHIP coach is having the staff to get it done and we have yet to see that with Freeman

EVERYONE LISTEN UP,!

Marcus Freeman’s seat is NOT heating up!

Glad you weren't around when Lou went 5-6 and 8-4 in his first two seasons (and he had 17 years of Head Coaching experience before he came to ND!) Freeman will be fine. He will figure out that he needs to hire a proven, experienced OC (as he has no clue on offense and what Parker has done isn't working.) He needs to forget Jim Tressel's phone number! And modernize our O!

Not even in the slightest. That might change next year, but I full expect him to be here 4+ years at minimum.

Freeman feeling no heat and he knows it. That is dumb statement

Even if ND finishes 8-5 this season, Freeman will still be on board next year. But, his seat would be a tiny bit warm.

Losses definitely don’t keep a seat warm, but we’ve been competitive in every game and lost to good teams. Freeman needs to work on better consistency and continue to improve the program Yoy if he wants to stay at ND.

67% winning percentage will only get you 3-5 years as a head coach at ND.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT