ADVERTISEMENT

For all you CW fans...

I've often cited the "bush push" game as one that gave me hope we could compete for a title. We played at an incredibly high level that night.

In the aftermath, southern cal had the title in hand until Vince Young authored among if not the single greatest 6 minutes of NC football.

Then everything went down hill for ND and the untalented fatso blew a lap band while inhaling food at a pace that could have fed a few third world countries....

PS I'd pay to see him and Mr Potato Head wrestle.
insults, the weapon of choice of the uneducated.

Reactions: greengael
the hatred some here have for CW mirrors CGVR and Kelly. Irrational and idiotic.

Charlie Weis was not a good HC. Guess what? There are a lot like that out there and we have had more than our share in the last 20 years.

Get over it.

Now the POS's that keep calling him Fat Charlie I hope get slowly run over by a bus.

When CW took over ND we were at the lowest level since before Ara. Pure fact. As bad as the last year was under Faust it was worse starting 2005.

And CW for all his faults gave us a fine season. Wonder what would have happened without the Bush Push?

We will never know.

For you morons who cannot accept reality it was said ALL OVER that ND could never again recruit the best. CW proved that wrong. Even late in his tenure he recruited a lot of the team that went to the NC game in 2012

THAT to me is what is most important- our ability to recruit and CW kept that up and that is his greatest accomplishment.

As has been mentioned he got the training table and other things done as well that are important if not so much.
I know I covered Weis having made contributions. I said they are not enough to offset his dismal record which makes him unpopular at ND

As for hatred, maybe some harbor that and that is unfortunate.

Reactions: echowaker
I once heard him speak on the topic of "Faith, Family and Football". Great guy.

He was getting his hair cut and a shave early on game day when he spied one of his captain's leaving his girlfriend's apartment. He ran out of the barbershop still wearing the barber cape with shaving cream on his face and delivered a speech on pre-marital sex ....

PS Gerry Faust is a great man.

He was getting his hair cut and a shave early on game day when he spied one of his captain's leaving his girlfriend's apartment. He ran out of the barbershop still wearing the barber cape with shaving cream on his face and delivered a speech on pre-marital sex ....

PS Gerry Faust is a great man.
I always thought highly of him but it makes me wonder since you are speaking on his behalf.

Weis's first hire was David Cutcliffe. Within months he suffered a serious heart problem and soon left to rest and left the staff during the season. He was going to be the Asst. Head Coach and QB coach. Weis's chief problem, from my view, was putting together a terrible coaching staff. Weis knew little of coaching in the college world and he needed an experienced staff for support and guidance. Cutcliffe, a former HC, would have been a tremendous help in steering him in the right direction and someone Weis could have leaned on in learning how to be a HC in college. It never happened, Weis turned out to be a disaster as a HC and the program suffered because of it. BUT, he was a great recruiter. He's the one who finally brought the 5 * players here and left a number of terrific players for Kelly to build on. Cutcliffe's health problem indirectly really hurt the program - immeasurably.
Doubt Charlie would have listened to DC. He thought he had all the answers. I don't hold it against him for getting all that money. That falls on dumbo AD White.

Reactions: Bodizephax
I couldn't read that entire article. Too long about someone I don't care that much about. However, the first paragraph talked how he's happy. No duuuu! He's laughing all the way to the bank! I hope he still send's Kevin "the idiot" White a Christmas card every year!

titanic played more golf then recruited his final year, You want to talk about theft look at what he walked away with from Washington.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT