ADVERTISEMENT

First Post on this Forum

IrishExpert2288

Shakes Down The Thunder
Sep 10, 2023
Excited to join, my first ND game of recollection was the 1973 Sugar Bowl, at 24-23 victory over Alabama and Bear Bryant. That resulted in a National Championship. The first of 3 in my lifetime. The bowl game beatdowns of Texas & Earl Campbell, and WVU & Major Harris led to the other Titles.

Then came the 2 weeks in November of 1993. The absolute euphoria of beating FSU in the Game of Century, and then a week later experiencing the absolute worst loss of my lifetime to BC.

The program has not been back to Tier One status since, ND was a solid Tier 2 program from 2018 to 2021, and had a magical run in 2012, but consistently got rolled when matched up against Tier 1 programs. (Georgia, Alabama, Clemson with T Lawrence)

I still do believe the perfect combination of coaching, QB and good fortune can produce a National Championship at ND. And I will believe that until the day I die. Go Irish

Excited to join, my first ND game of recollection was the 1973 Sugar Bowl, at 24-23 victory over Alabama and Bear Bryant. That resulted in a National Championship. The first of 3 in my lifetime. The bowl game beatdowns of Texas & Earl Campbell, and WVU & Major Harris led to the other Titles.

Then came the 2 weeks in November of 1993. The absolute euphoria of beating FSU in the Game of Century, and then a week later experiencing the absolute worst loss of my lifetime to BC.

The program has not been back to Tier One status since, ND was a solid Tier 2 program from 2018 to 2021, and had a magical run in 2012, but consistently got rolled when matched up against Tier 1 programs. (Georgia, Alabama, Clemson with T Lawrence)

I still do believe the perfect combination of coaching, QB and good fortune can produce a National Championship at ND. And I will believe that until the day I die. Go Irish
Who invented these made up, fictitious tiers that do not exist?

Welcome. Until ND adopts to changing times and loosens up administrations I am afraid 3 or 4 loses is a norm and the evolving door of assistants continues.

Reactions: HuddleBurger

Welcome

I hope you enjoyed those blissful first 2 minutes before your post was blindsided lol.
X2fgsU.gif

Welcome. Go Irish ☘️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT