ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Swarbrick!!

God knows what choice ND had after CBK announced he’s leaving for LSU.

I posted back then that maybe Freeman should be appointed as an interim coach. Giving him and ND a face saving way in case an assistant coach promotion doesn’t work out…as usually it doesn’t.

Again, none of us know the mindset of the key actors here. For all we know, maybe Freeman would have been insulted and quit if made only an interim? Maybe key people really thought: this time will REALLY be different?

🤷

i know I sound like a broken record. But this comes down to ND culturally not putting football as high a priority as the factories. Lots of good posts have explained this many times.

Out of necessity. Because we’re back to where ND sometimes goes post Holtz. Between really bad to an outlier like CBK who can be top 15 or better consistently enough, although never seriously for a NC when playing a true elite.

The established not so newer normal.

Reactions: Kelso86
God knows what choice ND had after CBK announced he’s leaving for LSU.

I posted back then that maybe Freeman should be appointed as an interim coach. Giving him and ND a face saving way in case an assistant coach promotion doesn’t work out…as usually it doesn’t.

Again, none of us know the mindset of the key actors here. For all we know, maybe Freeman would have been insulted and quit if made only an interim? Maybe key people really thought: this time will REALLY be different?

🤷

i know I sound like a broken record. But this comes down to ND culturally not putting football as high a priority as the factories. Lots of good posts have explained this many times.

Out of necessity. Because we’re back to where ND sometimes goes post Holtz. Between really bad to an outlier like CBK who can be top 15 or better consistently enough, although never seriously for a NC when playing a true elite.

The established not so newer normal.
The admin talks a good game about competing for championships!

Reactions: 88ND
The easy choice was Luke Fickell. And he would have come. Recruiting class be damned. You have to get the head coach right. Swarbrick really effed up this time I'm afraid. Although it's not surprising. He's too lazy to conduct a proper search. Plus, he's a coward so he gave in to the players wanting Freeman.

So much angst over a college football team. I admit I used to care. That's why I've been on this site for more than 20 years. But now, not so much. This season I haven't even made an effort to watch the games. Saw about a quarter of each of them so far. Same thing with tomorrow. I'll tape the game and when I'm around, I'll watch a couple of series before wandering off to do something else. I know that Marcus Freeman is still going to struggle, and Jack Swarbrick will still have a job, no matter what I think. And it's kind of liberating.

First off smart ass. Social Justice Warriors exist. In large numbers. And us non Q followers who have emotional intelligence can see this. You look like an idiot throwing this on here. If you don't think certain boxes being checked helped this hire you're nuts. That being said, IMO Freeman is a qualified coach who happens to check off boxes. And unfortunately since the media and society make everything about race or gender or sex preference with their "first ________ to do this" Second ____________ and _____________ to do that." Or as quoted by Dimwit the foil of Corn Pop. "I'm going to nominate an African American Woman as my VP or my SCJ" Then it opens up criticism from smaller minded folks to question validity when there's failure. The difference? Freeman has gone 0-3. Not 0-12. So it's way premature to criticize his ability. And I'd rather use that lens than his DNA. Am I a Q guy too?
Bullshit. Notre dame has a black head coach in football and womens basketball. Neither checked one important box. Head coaching experience. This is not a racial issue, so get that shit out of here

So much angst over a college football team. I admit I used to care. That's why I've been on this site for more than 20 years. But now, not so much. This season I haven't even made an effort to watch the games. Saw about a quarter of each of them so far. Same thing with tomorrow. I'll tape the game and when I'm around, I'll watch a couple of series before wandering off to do something else. I know that Marcus Freeman is still going to struggle, and Jack Swarbrick will still have a job, no matter what I think. And it's kind of liberating.
Well then, it seems you enjoy spending time on an ND message board to express your apathy towards the program. Maybe you should give up your efforts here as well.

Well then, it seems you enjoy spending time on an ND message board to express your apathy towards the program. Maybe you should give up your efforts here as well.
Kind of trending that way.

If anyone believes jack should still be employed they have no clue how bad he’s been
"If anyone believes jack should still be employed they have no clue how bad he’s been"

Maybe you are the one with no clue -- especially if you believe this was Jack's decision and Jack's decision alone.

"If anyone believes jack should still be employed they have no clue how bad he’s been"

Maybe you are the one with no clue -- especially if you believe this was Jack's decision and Jack's decision alone.

Don’t start defending Jack. Please, he has a lot to do with it. Jenkins deserves more blame though. He’s a terrible president. He’s been bad in more than just sports. He’s made ND a non Catholic institution and ruined the football program.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Stood in the corner during Freemans presser and eye balled him the entire time. The guy didn’t offer a word and made his press secretary (freeman) answer all the questions about hiring. What an old pos.

Don’t start defending Jack. Please, he has a lot to do with it. Jenkins deserves more blame though. He’s a terrible president. He’s been bad in more than just sports. He’s made ND a non Catholic institution and ruined the football program.
Now with that I can agree. Jenkins is woke and he's succumbed to the extremist lefties. As long as the $$$ keeps rolling in, he won't change a thing with the football program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT