ADVERTISEMENT

Fields expected to apply for hardship waiver.. give me a break

GoldCountryND

Irish Expert
Sep 8, 2018
If NCAA approves this kind of crap I give up. They already suck in just about every aspect but this would be ridiculous. ZERO grounds for hardship.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
If NCAA approves this kind of crap I give up. They already suck in just about every aspect but this would be ridiculous. ZERO grounds for hardship.
Last year the the NCAA gave a waiver to a kid who's previous school went on probation for recruiting violations, when some of the recruiting violations involved his own recruitment. So nothing should surprise anyone.

Reactions: d1042
I heard something about this a few days ago...

He's complaining racism within the athletic department, right? Something about another student-athlete yelling stuff at him during a game?

If so, I think he has a good case....Whether or not his story is pure BS, from a court of public opinion perspective, how would the NCAA look if they turned down a guy claiming he was tormented on campus?

I don't blame the kid for trying? You control your own fate (until the point of death).
You should do everything in your power to give yourself the best chance at success.

If the NCAA rules in his favour it would be a joke on their behalf, but I still wish the kid well and I hope he makes his dreams come true at Ohio State, or wherever he signs.

Spoiled kid who has had his ass kissed from Pee Wee to HS, through recruiting. Another kid who is All Hat & No Cattle because a bunch of adult dimwits put 5 stars next to his name. Brilliant!

And now that he has to actually compete for the job, he takes his ball and runs away.

Hate to break the news to my luttle snowflake friend Fields. But he was the 4th best QB on the field the last time we saw him in the SEC Title Game
1.Fromm
2.Hurts.
3.Tua
4. Fields
In that order. There is no guarantee a low character, excuse making, non competitive kid like Fields will succeed anywhere

Last edited:
I heard something about this a few days ago...

He's complaining racism within the athletic department, right? Something about another student-athlete yelling stuff at him during a game?

If so, I think he has a good case....Whether or not his story is pure BS, from a court of public opinion perspective, how would the NCAA look if they turned down a guy claiming he was tormented on campus?
You are correct. The racist taunts were videotaped and were done by one member of the baseball team, with other members of the baseball team laughing. The player shouting the racist insults was kicked off the team. Fields wants to play baseball in addition to football but does not want to play for the GA baseball team. The posters here calling him a pampered brat and claiming this is about him not willing to compete for the starting QB job are ill-informed once again.

I think Fields will be elite if he goes to Ohio State. He's perfect for the system Ohio State runs. He's a spread, read option guy through and through. He should never have went to Georgia. Terrible scheme for him.

At Ohio State, Oklahoma or Oregon I think he'll be an eventual Heisman contender.

"Spoiled brat"... I wonder if this poster will feel the same about Brandon Wimbush this off season if he transfers to get playing time instead of staying to compete for his final season and trying to beat Book out... I doubt it.

Not shocking that at Florida guy would shit on a Georgia kid for working inside the rules of football and trying to do what's best for his future.

Reactions: d1042
He's claiming that a Georgia baseball player said put the "N*****" IN around some other fans/students.

That very well could be true.

However....And the NCAA won't say anythinhg like I'm about to say....

Justin Fields is from Kennesaw, Georgia.

Hearing that word is not some new territory for Fields to have to endure.

People may not want to believe...or want to acknowledge...but a lot of the south still very much talks this way.

Two water fountain days may be long gone but the N word is fully alive. Whether being said in a demeaning way or slang speak...that word is alive alright.

Anyone who thinks otherwise has no ****ing idea what they are talking about.

Ultimately what the NCAA does with it is TBD but make no mistake the NCAA won't admit to what I just said.

He grew up in Georgia hearing that word pretty commonly, stays in Georgia for college..and now that word is just too much for his psyche? Perhaps it's because he can't win the starting job that now he's gotten sensitive to that word because I'm telling you this...he's heard that word a million times being from Georgia and it didn't keep him from enrolling in GA.

The NCAA will say nothing of the sort.

He's claiming that a Georgia baseball player said put the "N*****" IN around some other fans/students.

People may not want to believe...or want to acknowledge...but a lot of the south still very much talks this way.

Two water fountain days may be long gone but the N word is fully alive. Whether being said in a demeaning way or slang speak...that word is alive alright.

Ultimately what the NCAA does with it is TBD but make no mistake the NCAA won't admit to what I just said.

He grew up in Georgia hearing that word pretty commonly, stays in Georgia for college..and now that word is just too much for his psyche? Perhaps it's because he can't win the starting job that now he's gotten sensitive to that word because I'm telling you this...he's heard that word a million times being from Georgia and it didn't keep him from enrolling in GA.

There is no doubt he's trying to take advantage of that "race card" to get a waiver, when he's probably heard to word a million times.

The NCAA is a terrible institution. It doesn't do anything well. It's the equivalent to the UN... You can't blame the kid for trying to stick it to them in order to promote more opportunity for himself. If anyone thi gs the NCAA gives a shit about Justin Fields, they're sadly mistaken. He shouldn't care either. Anything he can do (within the rules) to make himself eligible, he should go ahead and do!

Reactions: echowaker
Spoiled kid who has had his ass kissed from Pee Wee to HS, through recruiting. Another kid who is All Hat & No Cattle because a bunch of adult dimwits put 5 stars next to his name. Brilliant!

And now that he has to actually compete for the job, he takes his ball and runs away.

Hate to break the news to my luttle snowflake friend Fields. But he was the 4th best QB on the field the last time we saw him in the SEC Title Game
1.Fromm
2.Hurts.
3.Tua
4. Fields
In that order. There is no guarantee a low character, excuse making, non competitive kid like Fields will succeed anywhere
I assume you've never seen him play?

I live in the South and everything you just said is a bunch of B.S. The black folks use the word a lot between themselves, but it is not common for white folks to yell it in public at black folks. And when you go the college, where "Safe Place" and "PC" rule the campus, the word is not used at all, nor should it be tolerated.

I live in the South and everything you just said is a bunch of B.S. The black folks use the word a lot between themselves, but it is not common for white folks to yell it in public at black folks. And when you go the college, where "Safe Place" and "PC" rule the campus, the word is not used at all, nor should it be tolerated.
I didn't say that white folks yell it publicly now did I? All I simply said was that he's grown up in the south...he's heard it a hundred times over.
I didn't suggest it should be tolerated nor celebrated, did I?

Simply stated the fact of him growing up in Georgia he's heard the *N* word many many times.

Why would I say that? I once lived in the south too my friend. ;)

I didn't say that white folks yell it publicly now did I? All I simply said was that he's grown up in the south...he's heard it a hundred times over.
I didn't suggest it should be tolerated nor celebrated, did I?

Simply stated the fact of him growing up in Georgia he's heard the *N* word many many times.

Why would I say that? I once lived in the south too my friend. ;)
Your argument at its core is that Fields is pretending to be upset so he can get a hardship waiver and that being called racial slurs does not bother him because he has heard them throughout his life. Who are you to determine that a person you do not know is not upset about being called racial slurs? Also, how do you know he has been called these slurs repeatedly. The last week or so your posts have been really hostile. Why don't you relax.

Reactions: echowaker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT