ADVERTISEMENT

Excuses already?

kev2225

Future coach
Jan 1, 2007
Seeing a couple of places predicting a Duke win because of this: they expect a big ND letdown after such an emotionally draining game last week, while on the other side Duke will be super fired up because this is their 'championship' game, and a night game to boot. C'mon. Just STOP already. This is just as bad as blaming the refs for last week's loss.

Reactions: chaseball
If i'm a scholarship player on ND, I'm pissed over what happened last week and looking to take it out on the next team we face. Too bad for Duke they are running into that. I believe ND easily covers the -6.5 and wins by 2 scores.

Now if ND had won last week, I could see a let down, but after a loss, it just makes them hungrier.

I see ND scoring 40-50... this team is different .. the team on the field against OSU, looked different from teams in recent past! Hartman is mad and understands what is at stake! The D is angry and has a chip on their shoulders! Get your popcorn out!!!!

Reactions: NDinNJ
I see ND scoring 40-50... this team is different .. the team on the field against OSU, looked different from teams in recent past! Hartman is mad and understands what is at stake! The D is angry and has a chip on their shoulders! Get your popcorn out!!!!
They especially looked different the last 2 plays on defense.

Reactions: Airzee23
No. The complete opposite actually. They should be pissed. Anything other than physically beating the piss outta Duke will be a big red flag for me.

No. The complete opposite actually. They should be pissed. Anything other than physically beating the piss outta Duke will be a big red flag for me.
Agree! That's why I was puzzled by that reasoning. Should be a HUGE motivation to show this team is really good.

The over/under is 55 and the spread is 5.5, producing an estimated score of 30-25 ND

If i'm a scholarship player on ND, I'm pissed over what happened last week and looking to take it out on the next team we face. Too bad for Duke they are running into that. I believe ND easily covers the -6.5 and wins by 2 scores.

Now if ND had won last week, I could see a let down, but after a loss, it just makes them hungrier.
I’ll take you one better NJ. If I’m the guy or gal that hands out the water bottles, I’m pissed and ready to kick ass. Just do it !!! Go Irish !!!

wow...40-50 vs this Duke team? Hope so but very unlikely.

Reactions: Airzee23

I’m with you.

ND pounds Duke tomorrow night. This’ll be a convincing win. We’ll impose our will and control the game.

It’s time Freeman take the kid gloves off and go into the Duke game looking for a fight. This teams needs to be pissed off and start looking to kick some ass.

God you are a tool. One minute you deflect blame from the D. The next you heap it. Man I bet you have a lot of friends.
I still SMH at 10 on the field after a ND called timeout at that point in the game. That's it. End of story. I support the coaching staff and team 100%, that said, again, I still SMH.

I still SMH at 10 on the field after a ND called timeout at that point in the game. That's it. End of story. I support the coaching staff and team 100%, that said, again, I still SMH.
This is not moving on.

Seeing a couple of places predicting a Duke win because of this: they expect a big ND letdown after such an emotionally draining game last week, while on the other side Duke will be super fired up because this is their 'championship' game, and a night game to boot. C'mon. Just STOP already. This is just as bad as blaming the refs for last week's loss.
Every game is emotionally draining. You don't lose because you're emotionally drained, you lose because you're not as good as the type of teams that would rarely ever lose to Duke regardless of the narrative.

Every game is emotionally draining. You don't lose because you're emotionally drained, you lose because you're not as good as the type of teams that would rarely ever lose to Duke regardless of the narrative.
I did not understand one word of this after reading it twice.

More inaccurate statements

Im bullish on ND tomorrow. Obviously gotta get through the 1st 5 minutes but ND matches up great with Duke.
If ND is any good they will stomp them. If it's a Win in a "close fought tough ACC matchup" (in the words of the great BK) then ND probably belongs ranked right around where they are if not a bit lower (low to mid teens)

If ND is any good they will stomp them. If it's a "close fought tough ACC matchup" (in the words of the great BK) then ND probably belongs ranked around where they are if not a bit lower.
Gee, OK.

If ND is any good they will stomp them. If it's a Win in a "close fought tough ACC matchup" (in the words of the great BK) then ND probably belongs ranked right around where they are if not a bit lower (low to mid teens)
Tell that crap To Dabo Swinney.

It’s time Freeman take the kid gloves off and go into the Duke game looking for a fight. This teams needs to be pissed off and start looking to kick some ass.
“Take the kid gloves off” ?

Like they’ve been nice guys just coasting in their previous games ?

You really are the Village idiot !

Im curious if you have you ever played football or sports in general & high school counts? I dont think you comprehend what its like to be in a big game. Its a different feeling to play against a rival or in a big game. The way you discount emotion in sports is why your analysis lacks expertise.

Reactions: tbone3114
They especially looked different the last 2 plays on defense.
Lol... 2 plays? Actually they stopped the TD.. and on the last play one short is on the coaches not the players!!! So yea.. completely different from recent years... 😁

Ok ND 40-14😁
I've been having good success fading these overs. Im surprised the line makers havent adjusted to the running clock on 1st downs & out of bounds. Went under in NC State game tonight couldnt believe it was 54.

Hungrier for what? Maybe more comfortable but hungry to beat Duke? ND owns the garbage ACC. That’s why Jack signed up. He can’t hire a good coach but he made ND look elite by scheduling 💩 ACC teams.

LOL the ACC has been complete and utter garbage outside of an FSU and Clemson run over the course of the last 15 years.

It isn't that they don't have at least 1 nationally relevant team in the conference, it's that the quality of conference drops off like the grand canyon after that 1 or 2 teams at the very top in most years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT