ADVERTISEMENT

Every CFB playoff team...

88ND

I've posted how many times?
Sep 9, 2013
But one has playoff experience.

Clemson and Bama have kids with nothing but playoff experience or winning it all.

OU was here last year and nearly got to the final game.

Then there is us. We've sniffed the playoff a couple times but never in serious contention at the end for a four team spot.

2012 is miles away on one hand but like yesterday on the other. The Fiesta Bowl a few years later against OSU only solidified being a pretender. The results were similar to the 2012 title game.

This is BK's most trying hour by far.

He must erase a recent pretender reputation that hangs on like a cobweb and instill a they better be worried about the Irish attitude. Chip on the shoulder would be even better.

This one game and possibly two are a real defining moment for BK. Regular season is one thing. Post season is altogether a much higher level.

I truly believe 72 hours from now will start defining the legacy of one Brian Kelly at ND.

I want him to be revered with the Leahy's, Ara's and Lou's of the great coaching history in South Bend.

Success is a beautiful thing but it also leads to high expectations.

The program needs a big post season win. (I'ts been 25 years)
Alumni needs a win. The history of ND needs a win.
Most importantly BK and the players need this win.

A signature win that can vault the program back among the elites of the college football world and one to solidify the legacy of Brian Kelly.

But one has playoff experience.

Clemson and Bama have kids with nothing but playoff experience or winning it all.

OU was here last year and nearly got to the final game.

Then there is us. We've sniffed the playoff a couple times but never in serious contention at the end for a four team spot.

2012 is miles away on one hand but like yesterday on the other. The Fiesta Bowl a few years later against OSU only solidified being a pretender. The results were similar to the 2012 title game.

This is BK's most trying hour by far.

He must erase a recent pretender reputation that hangs on like a cobweb and instill a they better be worried about the Irish attitude. Chip on the shoulder would be even better.

This one game and possibly two are a real defining moment for BK. Regular season is one thing. Post season is altogether a much higher level.

I truly believe 72 hours from now will start defining the legacy of one Brian Kelly at ND.

I want him to be revered with the Leahy's, Ara's and Lou's of the great coaching history in South Bend.

Success is a beautiful thing but it also leads to high expectations.

The program needs a big post season win. (I'ts been 25 years)
Alumni needs a win. The history of ND needs a win.
Most importantly BK and the players need this win.

A signature win that can vault the program back among the elites of the college football world and one to solidify the legacy of Brian Kelly.

I would argue that the losses to OSU after the 2005 season and to LSU in the bowl game after the '06 year are more related to the perception that we are overrated than the loss to OSU following the 2015 season.

I know we all like to say "next man in," but that 2015 team was decimated by season-ending injuries left and right.

I agree, of course, that we need a big post-season win, but I'm highly doubtful it is going to come against Clemson -- much as I'd like to see it.

Last edited:
Let’s just say what it is.

This is the biggest game in ND history, in terms of having to prove themselves since 1988

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT