ADVERTISEMENT

Eason Out vs. ND

Sorry to hear this. Injuries are part of the game, but it's really a shame that this young man will not be able to play this week.

Reactions: bhamdawg206
They will be at their best. Fromm could be the same or better. They have superstar running backs. For all you know ND coaches might have been watching film on Eason and developong a game plan for a long time. Now they have to deal with a virtual unknown. Not an advantage. Georgia is still bringing their SEC defense too last time I heard.

Fromm is better. No doubt. But it sucks because if we win it will only be because "our starting qb was out"

I wince every time I see our own BW take off with the ball. You have to let them play but man, when Brandon gets up from a hit or tackle, it's time to celebrate.

So they need another QB to hand off the ball to their two stud RB, their game plan is still the same.

Reactions: G8R-H8R
We tend to make quarterbacks playing their first start look like Heisman trophy candidates. Then they play someone else the following week and look terrible.

Just saw some highlights of Georgia /App st. All I can say is wow! They have 2 running backs that are abosolute studs. Forget the QB situation. Their running game may be NDs bigger issue. ND better score early and often. They need to slow down that Georgia run game. I doubt they can stop it. But at least slow it down. 3rd down conversions will be key to whoever wins. If the Irish can stop Georgia on most 3rd down attempts , that will greatly increase their chances of winning. This is going to be a very tough challenge for the Irish. The defense better show up or it will be a very long night. I think they will. Cue up "Eye of the Tiger" from Rocky 3. Go Irish!!

I realize Ga. Tech is an option team but they are tearing Tennessee up on the ground. We gotta slow the run game down Saturday and protect the ball on offense. Those are the 2 keys.

Just saw some highlights of Georgia /App st. All I can say is wow! They have 2 running backs that are abosolute studs. Forget the QB situation. Their running game may be NDs bigger issue. ND better score early and often. They need to slow down that Georgia run game. I doubt they can stop it. But at least slow it down. 3rd down conversions will be key to whoever wins. If the Irish can stop Georgia on most 3rd down attempts , that will greatly increase their chances of winning. This is going to be a very tough challenge for the Irish. The defense better show up or it will be a very long night. I think they will. Cue up "Eye of the Tiger" from Rocky 3. Go Irish!!
Not impressed by Fromm at all? I thought he looked worlds better than Eason. Don't sleep on him

How are people saying Fromm is better? What even justifies that comment?
Eason terrible accuracy. Offense had 3 yards under his 2-4 possessions. Fromm came in and immediately lit it up. Most UGA fans wanted Fromm to start from the beginning

One less option for the dogs. ND stops the run and they can win. Low scoring game comes down to a fieldgoal.

I believe ND will sell out to stop the run and force Fromm to beat the Irish thru the air. Fromm is extremely talented. Let's just hope our secondary is up to the challenge. On the other side, can our OL get a push up front and establish a running game? This is what college football is all about. Should be a great game. GO IRISH!

Reactions: Dawg to the Bone

These UGA RBs really are two of the best in the country. However, the UGA O-line is very young with three new starters and getting lanes for them to run in has been difficult. UGA will have to pass to open up the run to be successful. If they can open up those lanes Notre Dame will have a long day. That is a big "If". This game is a game of strength (ND O-Line) vs strength (UGA rush defense) and weaknesses (Notre Dame's run defense) vs UGA's (O-line).

I have attached a funny video to emphasize your point about the RBs. I apologize for the language.

Reactions: tkirish
I believe ND will sell out to stop the run and force Fromm to beat the Irish thru the air. Fromm is extremely talented. Let's just hope our secondary is up to the challenge. On the other side, can our OL get a push up front and establish a running game? This is what college football is all about. Should be a great game. GO IRISH!

That is what I would do. Fromm is a five star recruit that is capable, but unproven. I would make him beat me.

Reactions: 57Patrick
Eason terrible accuracy. Offense had 3 yards under his 2-4 possessions. Fromm came in and immediately lit it up. Most UGA fans wanted Fromm to start from the beginning
Fromm will probably end up better. But he will be a true freshman making his first start on the road in South Bend, its not the swamp but it is still not ideal circumstances. Not sure how Eason gets blamed for the first 3 possessions when the running backs did nothing to help him. If this were game 4 or 5 for Fromm and we knew more of what he was it would be justified to say Fromm is better then Eason or that there is not much drop off, but the declare that UGA is better off without Eason who has a season in the SEC under his belt is bananas.

Living down here in SEC country, i get the joys of watching and hearing from these great fans (sarcasm) and after listening to some of my friends who are Georgia fans, they were bragging about Fromm after the spring game. While they would like to have Eason, they feel comfortable with Fromm. It'll be interesting. Still gotta stop those 2 workhorses in the backfield. I didn't feel confident about our run defense during the temple game. I think our offense will give their defense some problems. Wimbush doesn't need to try to truck the defenders over. Slide slide slide, or get out of bounds. Hope for a fun game Saturday. Go Irish

Fyi, be ready for some cocky and annoying fans. Not all are bad, but oh boy

you can say the same for Georgia having to try and stop irish studs in Adams and Williams who have the game breaking speed to take it to the house from anywhere. the difference in this game to me will be Wimbush and his ability to take off and run for big yds. TENN last night had no answer for the tech qb running and I can see Wimbush killing the bullbogs with his electric running ability

I am crazy excited about this game. I am sitting in section 2 row 16, which I imagine is a ND section. I can see this game going either way honestly. I am just hoping to take it all in and enjoy seeing another great college football atmosphere.

A lot of ga fans have been calling for Fromm since our spring game. The players and coaches say he just has the "IT" factor. I agree starting on the road will be tough, but the coaches seem confident. Eason just hasn't taken the next step. He takes a long time in progression and doesn't have any touch (rockets everything). He also gets too juiced up and has accuracy issues. I actually feel good about Fromm and think he can get the job done.

The position I'm beating my head against the wall about is the Oline. I've watched our game 3 times looking at each spot. I feel good about C, RT and LT. Both of our guards got spanked a few times. We were missing our starting RG and he should be back this week, but our coaches really need to figure out the LG situation. Richt just wasn't an elite recruiter on the Oline. Smart has brought some studs in, but they are young.

Out strength is def our D. We have at least 3 1st rounders in our front 7 and all 7 will play and be drafted into the NFL. Our secondary has one starter out leading to another true freshman starting, which is a little cause for concern. He is a stud, but mental mistakes there can really cost you.

My prediction: 3 point game going either way.

Reactions: Dawg to the Bone
I am crazy excited about this game. I am sitting in section 2 row 16, which I imagine is a ND section.

North end zone, on the UGA bench side of the goal posts. Good seats, I wouldn't want to be any lower than that in that location.

The position I'm beating my head against the wall about is the Oline. I've watched our game 3 times looking at each spot. I feel good about C, RT and LT. Both of our guards got spanked a few times. We were missing our starting RG and he should be back this week, but our coaches really need to figure out the LG situation. Richt just wasn't an elite recruiter on the Oline. Smart has brought some studs in, but they are young.

The RG that you're hoping to get back, has he actually ever started? I thought he was a redshirt freshman.

Last edited:
He started one game last year as true fresh b4 getting injured. He is a big boy who is a run grader. Still really worried about LG.

Reactions: IRISHJD98
Nope, just turned his ankle, said he could have played last week, but wanted to make sure he was fully recovered.

Is it Saturday yet???

Fromm will probably end up better. But he will be a true freshman making his first start on the road in South Bend, its not the swamp but it is still not ideal circumstances. Not sure how Eason gets blamed for the first 3 possessions when the running backs did nothing to help him. If this were game 4 or 5 for Fromm and we knew more of what he was it would be justified to say Fromm is better then Eason or that there is not much drop off, but the declare that UGA is better off without Eason who has a season in the SEC under his belt is bananas.
I watched Eason specifically his first 3 or 4 possessions. He had ZERO accuracy. Fromm immediately started putting the ball on the money

How are people saying Fromm is better? What even justifies that comment?
That Eason looked terrible on his two opening drives last week, 2 straight 3 and outs. A small snippet for sure but GA fans, for the most part, think Fromm is the answer going forward, not Eason

Fromm is a film junkie and just anticipates things faster than Eason. Eason has an absolute cannon, while from has decent arm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT