ADVERTISEMENT

Driskall 24’ Recruit Rankings

IrishMike409

Posts Like A Champion
Nov 27, 2011
Driskall has a pretty good article on his site, ranking each recruit (O and D divided).

It’s a good read. I recommend it.

Some things that surprised me:

Young #2 defender
K Young #4 Offensive player
M Gilbert #5 Offensive player
Prescod ahead of Peter Jones
Larsen ranked #9
Knapp ranked #11

Larsen being higher on the list doesn't surprise me too much. He had offers from Alabama, Ohio State, and Clemson among others when he committed. That doesn't sound like low 4 / high 3 star to me.

Larsen being higher on the list doesn't surprise me too much. He had offers from Alabama, Ohio State, and Clemson among others when he committed. That doesn't sound like low 4 / high 3 star to me.
I think he’s too low. He’s ranked 9 out of 11 offensive players.

Driskall has a pretty good article on his site, ranking each recruit (O and D divided).

It’s a good read. I recommend it.

Some things that surprised me:

Young #2 defender
K Young #4 Offensive player
M Gilbert #5 Offensive player
Prescod ahead of Peter Jones
Larsen ranked #9
Knapp ranked #11
Young has the highest ceiling of any defensive player. Hes a freak

I agree with Prescod ahead of Jones. Prescod has high upside as a OT

I would put Larsen #11 on offense

Reactions: IrishMike409
Young isn’t surprising at all, he’s far and away our second highest rated defensive player. Especially since Tae fell hard in the last few rankings.

Young isn’t surprising at all, he’s far and away our second highest rated defensive player. Especially since Tae fell hard in the last few rankings.
Why do you think Tae fell?

He looks like an incredible big and rangy athlete. Can he hit and be physical? Hamilton could be a real thumper. Is Tae that guy?

Why do you think Tae fell?

He looks like an incredible big and rangy athlete. Can he hit and be physical? Hamilton could be a real thumper. Is Tae that guy?
Not sure but I know he barely played safety this season, which is what we’re recruiting him as. He’s probably the biggest boom or bust guy in the class. Could see him being a Hamilton type guy (doubt he’d be as good, but he could bring similar physicality and athleticism at the position). I could also see him never seeing the field.

Maybe his hs coach needed him at wr for the team but it hurt his ranking not being shown at safety that is where his talent lies. Hope it doesn't set him back.

Maybe his hs coach needed him at wr for the team but it hurt his ranking not being shown at safety that is where his talent lies. Hope it doesn't set him back.
He played QB a lot this year because they needed him there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT